Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Inevitable Confrontation

The Inexhaustible
Location // Droumound Kakalar, High Orbit, HIMS "Knight Hammer"//
Objective // Study and Perfect the Art of War //
Tags // Open //

The hulking triangular shape of the warship Knight Hammer dominated the space surrounding it. It was a warship built for one specific reason, to grind the enemies of the Empire into dust and honestly it was probably good at just doing that. It was shame it wasn't as artistically devoloed as a Mon Calamari starship, the elegance would have added dread to those whose raised a fist against it.

Why? It was a question constantly asked by many historians. After thousands of years of evolution, why did sapient species contuine to war amongst themselves. It was...complex. Why do we still feel the need to conquer and divde. To protect and overthrow. Perhaps the universe created it as a perverse game for it's amusement. It didn't really matter. What did, was the ever lasting quest to perfect it.

Minimize civilian casualties, draw fear without creating proverse methods of power. It was...almost enchanting. " Captain, contuine to scan for any signs of pirates, rebels, or any other threat."

Thraztin

T
Objective: Meet the Navarch Princeps
Tags: Thaelius Thaelius

"Navarch Princeps, how are you holding up after Mygeeto? I've read the reports. Seems like it was a far nastier affair than we had on Muunilist." I said calmly as I approached the man. I wasn't surprised to see another Chiss in a command position, even less so with the Sith Empire. When Chiss left their home-worlds, we rarely disappointed, and the Sith had called us to service for millennia. That was why I had been on Muunilist, and why I was here now.

Weeks of training with the Sith Legionnaires on Dromund Kaas and Bastion had prepared my Chiss Ascendancy forces to work along side the army, but we had yet to be acquainted with the navy. It seemed like the Sith wanted that to change. I had no idea what high command was planning to do with my soldier and I, but it apparently began with meeting the Navarch Princeps. I had briefly encountered the man at diplomatic talks on Csilla a few months earlier, but beyond an introduction I knew nothing about him.

I was awe-struck upon arriving at the Knight Hammer. In my 7 years with the CEDF I had never seen a ship as imposing. The Chiss don't have gigantic warships like the Sith do, we're always much more focused and small-scale. I guess it kind of reflects us as a people. This ship was massive in comparison to anything I'd ever seen, very reflective of the Sith I suppose.

The man I was sent to meet looked very intense. I didn't know at time what for, but I assumed it was related to the difficulty of commanding a warship.

"My name is Lieutenant Maiven. The higher ups said you have some sort of... exercise? That we're supposed to run? Correct me if I'm wrong sir, I'm not well versed in the Sith navy. Yet."

The Inexhaustible
"It wasn't as nasty an affair as you heard, LLieutenant. We outnumbered them and yet we still don't know who 'wom'" Thaelius immediately turned to greet the younger Chiss. And from head to toe, he sized him up. Young, experienced, obedient to superior officers. A good officer to say the least.

"The higher ups?" Thaelius was very rarely left out of a High Command meeting even though he was technically not a Lord Admiral at least not in the current Sith Empire. Yet, he still commanded a large amount of warships, enough so that he could enforce his strategies and beliefs throughout many enemy and pirate infected sectors at once. It never failed.

"Well, I suppose. The Sith Imperial Navy is much different from the Expansionary Defense Fleet. You have to adapt while exerting, albeit slowly and carefully, more ethical means of conquest into it. For a very long time, I served the CEDF as an Admiral then when the One Sith came, I was asked to embrace them and eventuu we found even ground. My point, Lieutenant, is that you don't have to be well versed, you have to be well balanced"

Maiven

Thraztin

T
Balanced. That wasn't something I would have often considered myself, so it now made a little bit more sense why I had been sent. Thaelius spoke with wisdom, even if I wasn't entirely certain of his meaning yet. I'm a career soldier, but I suppose the navy isn't all that different.

"Yes, the higher ups, sir. I don't know who, just that my platoon received a notice that we were being transferred to the shipyards here, and that I was supposed to report to you. Whatever you need, I will do to the best of my abilities." I said with a sound of eagerness in my voice. I really was eager. As much as I enjoy leaving Chiss space on my missions, I do begin to miss it. Working with the sith empire gave me plenty respite, between giving me a Chiss platoon of my own and now working with a seasoned Chiss admiral.

"Now sir, could you please elaborate on that last part about balance? You make quite an interesting point,"

Thaelius Thaelius

The Inexhaustible
Thaelius ssmiled, something he rarely did, when the Lieutenant asked him to elaborate on balance between military ideals. The Sith Empire and the Chiss Ascendancy had two drastically different rules of engagement which Thaelius used to his benift. By combing the two, he was able to create effective and unopposed strategies which would ultimately end in victory.

"Balance between ideals and military ideology. We, as a people do not subjagate our enemies worlds but the Sith do. I know it may sound a bit childish but you comprise to ensure the best of both cultures. For example, the Sith have a 'Armageddon' policy concerning Orbital Bombardment something rarely used by the Ascendency"

He paused so that he motion toward around him. "This ship can cause hunreads of thousands of credits worth of destruction alone. But, civilian casualties negates public support so you limit orbital strikes to military installations. Were you taught this at the Academy?"

Maiven

Thraztin

T
"Of course, sir," I couldn't fathom the idea of bombing a planet to Armageddon, but I'd heard of what the Sith can, and will, do. "The use of orbital bombardment is limited by most galactic governments for its often irreparable effects. As such it used in restraint, like you said. Taris took thousands of years to fully recover from the Sith's orbital bombardment. As far as I recall the Chiss have never used the tactic on such a scale. I don't mean to sound rude sir, but why is it that the Sith Empire insists on having such capabilities?"

Thaelius Thaelius

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom