Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Industrial Automaton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Company name: Industrial Automaton

Headquarters: Rordis City (Nubia)

Locations: Nubia (HQ), Denon, and Dressel ( for shipping rationales)

Operations: Droid Manufacture, Droid Starfighter

Rationale: Bought with intent to ressurect to former glory through exspansion into unmanned fighters, bombers, and even capital ships eventually. Droid ground vehicles used to transport battle droids on the battlefield or even to run your own production facilities. Droids of all kinds, maintenance, battle, bounty hunting, pilots, protocol droids, medical droids, droids for all if they have the credits.

Teir: 2

Description: Amelia had too many ideas in her head for just one company. After a recent purchase of a droid factory on Kesh she decided to just buy a company that made droids. Her research into droid manufacture showed her the amazingly ancient company Industrial Automaton (IA). The creator of the famed astromech droids had fell on hard times during the Plague and the Yuuzahn Vong invasion. So Amelia got it for a steal! Her ideas would be to both improve the R-Series astromech droids and to expand upon their capabilities. Crank out everything from the R1 series to the R9 series, build newly designed combat models of droids and even a few medical droids. She bought up two more production and shipping locations so she could have a wider shipping base. Nubia was a gicen since that was where the corperate headquarters were located. A short jump away was Denon and out in the outer rim was Dessel. Dessel was mainly production only, whereas Nubia and Denon shipped and produced droids for IA.

Subsidies: None

THIS IS A CANON COMPANY!
Primary source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Industrial_Automaton

Amelia Deathman said:
Operations: Droid Manufacture, Starship Manufacture
Starship manufacturing is an incredibly expensive operation, which generally isn't coupled with anything other than closely related or far less operations. As this is a canon company, I assume you would like to keep the Droid manufacturing that this company was solely known for throughout canon, being one of the two original "Big Two" droid companies, so I am going to ask for you to choose one of these two.

Amelia Deathman said:
Rationale: Bought with intent to ressurect to former glory.
This needs to be at least a paragraph in description.

The Trade Federation had The Vulture droid fighter, which was a starfighter and a droid. Basicly an unmanned fighter. As for the expensive part I already have a teir 2 company that has made multiple sales and contracts. As CEO of that company Amelia would have the finaces to build ships. Also a teir 2 company could have a maximum of two operations. The starships are going to be only droid ships. That is my plan for it. I will make edits to the rationale since that one I actually understand as to why it is needed to be more descriptive. This is by no means me argueing or trying to bend the rules. Just trying to understand why a droid manufacturing company could not also make unmanned droid starships.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Amelia Deathman said:
The Trade Federation had The Vulture droid fighter, which was a starfighter and a droid. Basicly an unmanned fighter. As for the expensive part I already have a teir 2 company that has made multiple sales and contracts. As CEO of that company Amelia would have the finaces to build ships. Also a teir 2 company could have a maximum of two operations. The starships are going to be only droid ships. That is my plan for it. I will make edits to the rationale since that one I actually understand as to why it is needed to be more descriptive. This is by no means me argueing or trying to bend the rules. Just trying to understand why a droid manufacturing company could not also make unmanned droid starships.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
The Trade Federation was a major entity that was a megacorporation made up of three huge companies that could be considered tier 5 or 6 (as subsidiaries). In terms of comparing it to entities on Chaos, it would be a major faction. A tier 2 company is in no way able to be compared to something that large. If you want to specify that your company produces Droid Starfighters as an operation that is fine, otherwise it needs to be removed. The operation may be changed to Droid Starfighters or removed.

[member="Amelia Deathman"]
Just one last thing, the name of the company is Industrial Automaton, not Industrial Automation. If you could fix that real quick we're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom