Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Incinerator Scarab Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incinerator Scarab Droid Swarm
Scarab_Droid_Bottom.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: I want blast beetle droids cuz that would be coolio
Development Thread: As Needed
Manufacturer: ArmaTech Combat Systems
Model: Mk3
Affiliation: Restricted Market
Modularity: No
Production: Minor

Material: Duranium, Droid Components, Thermite
Classification: First Degree
Weight: 20 Grams
Length: 2 Centimeters
Movement: Hexapedal, Repulsorlift
Armaments: None
Misc. Equipment:

• Photoreceptors
  • Standard Scanners
  • Thermite
Description:
The Incinerator Scarabs, like their cousins the Phylactery Scarabs are contained within a droid, small, roughly the size of a quarter when flattened out, able to shift their shape to a degree, such as rolling themselves into balls, tubes, or flattening themselves into circles. The idea is simplistic, guided micro thermite grenades.

Each droid contains a small amount of Thermite, mixed from Deuterium, Proton Fuel, Hydrogen Sulfide, magnesium, and Bronzium oxide. The resulting mixture is a very powerful incendiary capable of burning upwards of four thousand two hundred fifty degrees. This thermite is capable of melting beskar upon observation, however this isn’t a guarantee and there are many variables that need to line up properly for this to happen, and the amount of Thermite per droid is so small that in order to be effective against such armor an entire swarm would need to be used. The scarabs race towards their foe, tries to find a weak spot and latches on before triggering the thermite reaction. When the reaction is triggered the droid is lost and the opposition has to deal with a ball of immense heat being created on their person. Obviously opposition with quick reaction times might be able to remove some of the tiny droids before they become lethal despite how quickly the reaction is.

These have a much greater range than the Phylactery Scarabs, but can only last about one hour away from the host droid. The amount per swarm is roughly sixty, though small droids may not be able to hold as many this is the largest amount a single swarm is able to be and operate under the control of a single droid brain.

Primary Source: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/56915-cardinam/

Draco Vereen said:
Thermite, mixed from Illerium, Deuterium, magnesium, and iron oxide.
Thermite itself is a substance that doesn't explain what it is made from, but it is not an explosive, which Illerium, Magnesium, and Deuterium are. It also burns at 2,500 degrees C. It is perfectly okay to add these mentioned ingredients to the mixture, but it will become a highly unstable and volatile explosive (Illerium is a highly volatile, unstable, chemical that ignites & explodes when exposed to air/oxygen, as is Magnesium). As Illerium is a rather valuable, and in some cases rare - Isotope-5 being a radioactive isotope of Illerium - I'm going to need production dropped to limited or a development thread of 10-20 posts made. I would also like to know how this burns higher than both thermite's & magnesium's combustion temperature, as magnesium burns at 3,100 degrees C and Thermite burns at 2,500.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/56915-cardinam/I had based the thermite mixture from this (Forgot to include it as a Primary Source, my bad). Furthermore there are varieties of Thermite

Iron thermite[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]
The most common composition is the iron thermite. The oxidizer used is usually either iron(III) oxide or iron(II,III) oxide. The former produces more heat. The latter is easier to ignite, likely due to the crystal structure of the oxide. Addition of copper or manganese oxides can significantly improve the ease of ignition.
So its reasonable that using some volatile Star Wars materials instead of only RL materials you could make a more potent type.
I'll be honest, I just picked a number because Hot=Hot. No one has any Idea the melting point of any of the metals in Star Wars so I figured it would be reasonable to place them up with Tungsten (3,422°C). Furthermore, I tried to leave its effects ambiguous enough so that yeah its really hot, but no it doesn't have to melt a hole through someone or something.

Braith Achlys said:
Isotope-5 being a radioactive isotope of Illerium - I'm going to need production dropped to limited or a development thread of 10-20 posts made.
I removed Illerium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom