Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Land Down Under (Ossus)

Maybe I will get those shipping manifests for Arrbi after all. The jungles of Ossus surrounded the small shuttle we had arrived in. Arrived was a strong word. More like barely made it in one piece because she made me fly. Small pieces of wreckage and burning debris litered the ground and jungle around us for quite a ways in every direction. I wasn't sure if she was livid, traumatized, or just shocked at the crash landing. The last twenty minutes since reverting from hyperspace had been 'tense' to put it mildly. Lots of yelling, screaming, I was pretty sure one of us had cursed the other, but I wasn't sure who had done the cursing and who had been the cursed. Not that it mattered. We had lived, and there was always another ship to take off world.

"I told you I couldn't fly worth a damn. This is on you." I said smiling, holding my helmet in my left hand, pulling spelunking gear out of the ship's cargo space with the other. Another strong series of words. Couldn't fly to save my life some days. Most things I had flew themselves or were specifically meant to be crashed into something else.

Despite all the ruckus getting dirtside, we were here, alive, unharmed and with all the equipment we should need. "Besides this way your buddies won't get mad for me being on the planet. You can just say we crashed on accident." I didn't add the last bit of because we did on the end. She might not be incredibly happy with walking through kilometers of jungle because of my poor reentry into atmosphere. How was a normal person supposed to know you couldn't just dive straight at a planet at top speed?

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Crash landings weren’t her thing, but there was a plus to things like this. Crashes provided energy, energy that could be absorbed and for a Master of Tutaminis - it was a field day. As Draco rambled on and on and about how this was Spencer’s fault she pushed off some of the downed shuttle and frowned. The ultrachrome armor glowed a slight red as Spencer stood there and used the absorbed energy to heal a cut that was across her cheek. With as much as she had absorbed the healing process was only a matter of seconds. Kicking dirt on the dying embers she moved towards where Draco was standing and situating himself.

Despite the situation, she was in a good mood. The only things he could have done to piss her off weren’t available so there was no reason for her to be upset. Dusting the jacket she wore off, she looked over at him. “Eh they’re acquaintances if anything. You’ll learn that I kind of do things by the beat of my own drum or whatever they call it. I’m not one for phrases.” Looking around, Spencer had no idea which way to go - she had only been on Ossus once in her life and that was a while ago. Frowning, the Force Master continued to try and figure out something - it was more likely that their map and navigational gear was destroyed in the crash.

Eyes narrowed and Spencer looked over her shoulder to Draco. “You seemed so determined to fly I think you planned this all on your own. Now we don’t have a map, unless you know where you’re going.” Lips pouted and narrowed eyes stared straight at Draco.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Once I had everything I needed out of the wreckage I turned around and surveyed the area. "I know where we are, you are the one that knows where we are going. The in between isn't important. Life's a journey and all that, you know." I said with a smile and a wink. Out for a walk in the jungle wasn't so bad, there weren't a lot of things that could threaten us on Ossus, and last time I was here, officially at least I hadn't had a lick of training and was accompanied by someone with only the basics of training. Things were a lot different now. Now I was here with a Master of the Force, but I assumed she was physically frail, much like your average sorority girl, and I was competent in a couple of powers with my own specialties as well as a pretty good grip on close combat.

"I don't have a map... what are we cave people? I have GPS." tapping my helmet. Granted all I knew was where we were. She was the one that knew the secret locations and what have you. "And according to GPS... we are... out in the middle of the jungle. About twenty klicks from the temple the Jedi Order abandoned a few days ago." Ugh... out in the middle of nowhere. Twenty kilometers wasn't aweful, if I absolutely had to, I could cover eighteen in a couple of minutes with the jump pack.

That was unnecessary right now though. Twenty kilometers was a good healthy run if that was where we are heading. And I would always have the memory of that dream I had where I had accidentally killed Spencer. Good memories to keep with me. "So, lead the way. I got your back."

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Spencer stared at the Mandalorian for a moment as he commented on her desire to have a map. It wasn’t wise to depend wholeheartedly on technology especially since it liked to fail from time to time. With her skin finally cooling down and the ultrachrome armor returning to its usual color, she stepped head of him and looked at the layout of the land. Ossus wasn’t one of her usual planets, so being without anything to tell her where they were she had no idea where to even start searching.

“Still despite your technology - I’d like to have some sort of starting point.” Looking at him from the corner of her eye, a slight smirk spread across her lightly tinted pink lips. “As for being cavemen - I’m sure they would have landed that craft better than the cave man I have toting along with me.” A bit harsh, but it was always fun to poke at Mandalorians and the like. Spencer was always a bit sassy even with Ashin the woman who conquered a good portion of the known galaxy at one point. The woman still bent to her wife’s will - despite people thinking pretty Spencer was just arm candy.

Her eyes peeled away from Draco for a moment as she surveyed the land. “I don’t sense anything in the area that’s dangerous so we should be okay. From what I remember - which since with your exceptional piloting skills it's all I have to go on...the hilts should be hidden in an underground tomb on Ossus. I highly doubt the Silver Sanctum knows anything about it.” Licking her finger and putting it towards the wind, she made an educated guess and started to head north east. “Come on now you tin can - lets go”

[member="Draco Vereen"]

He was sneaking about in search of something valuable. He had done the same in other places. Gaiseric had been to high places, low places, far places, and wide places; however, while his environment varied greatly, his luck did not. There were few breaks in his business, but as he listened to the sound of a crash in the distance, he thought that he might be about to catch one.

He moved slowly, as slow was his only speed. He hobbled through the wilderness with eyes trained forward. His entire consciousness was affixed on a point that was ahead. Already, just as he was stumbling onto the crash site, his mind was at large, calculating an unknown and improbable profit.

He was quiet as he circled the wrecked vessel. Bending and sweating and sucking in air, he must have looked something like a vulture who had discovered some abandoned carrion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom