Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private In the Jungle, the deadly Jungle.

OBJECTIVE - Survive and Learn

Where: Dxun
Why: Disturbance in the Force

Aurelion disembarked from his new ship The Escape onto the forest moon of Onderon with more than a little trepidation. Ever since he had set foot on his ship he had felt the Force guiding him. Drawing him and coaxing him to a place he had never even known to exist. This place was.... like a warped version of Kashyyyk. Quieter, long-scarred and promising a deeper darkness than most of Kashyyyk even acknowledged the existence of. Light and Dark existed in a kind of.... well.... harmony was not the right term. Rather, Dxun seemed to be in a constant stalemate, a war of life and death, of verdant flourishing nature long marred by a hidden darkness. Tainted, troubled events in the past of this place that would likely never heal for as long as Dxun existed.

Aurelion jumped in shock as V1-T1 beeped loudly from the boarding ramp to The Escape and turned to look at the little droid. Shaking his head and giving him a small smile.

"Aurelion+Doing=Ok?"

"Aurelion+Seem=Distracted."

Aurelion nodded, walking back up the ramp to V1 and fondly put a hand on the little droid's head. "Yes. I'm... I'm okay. This place just.... has a lot of history." Aurelion sighed, tilting his head as V1 responded.

"Aurelion+Feel=Force?"

Aurelion gave another nod, swallowing thickly, the weight of Dxun's history suddenly weighing down on him and making him feel much, MUCH more tired. "Y-Yes. It's strong here but it's.... l-like me. Conflicted and..... uncertain." V1 could only give a small, worried 'whoo', not only that Aurelion would describe himself like that... but that V1 didn't see him that way at all. The little droid's processor aching at how hard on himself Aurelion was. Drawing his new robes about himself Aurelion stepped back and glanced around. "There's something here V1, something I... feel like I'm supposed to find... a-again. Stay with the ship okay? Don't let anyone or anything in and.... be safe o-okay?" V1 beeped in the affirmative and watched Aurelion walk off, before wheeling back into The Escape and closing the entry ramp tight.

As Aurelion began to walk one of Dxun's many trodden paths he squinted his eye and glanced about, only to jump slightly as he came upon a wild Maalraas feasting upon the corpse of.... some creature Aurelion couldn't identify. The dangerous feline growling threateningly at the young Padawan , warning him to stay away from it's kill, which Aurelion was only more than happy to oblige. Taking another path to avoid the vicious predator and sighing, glancing about, and reaching out with the Force as best he could. Strangely, he found it far, far easier to focus here on Dxun. His steps quickly beginning to guide themselves until he came upon.... someone he didn't recognize. One Jarael Belaerys Jarael Belaerys who Aurelion was concerned, at first, was someone threatening, though he didn't sense any ill intent from her towards himself.... he could only watch and study the other Jedi as to what exactly it was she was doing.

She was in Dxun for too long, a place she loved being in sorts. The moon always seemed like the perfect place for someone to hide, although some people would chose Suthri or Dagri to hide, but Jarael always draw herself to that place. In time, her hands built a proper home to live in the moon, a secretive place for her to meditate and think about her own existence but she was a bit tired of doing that the whole time. It was one of those times that she found a baby cannok alone in the woods, a rare feature considering the high rate o predatory life that Dxun was famous of having. After sniffing her anckle, Jarael took the creature back with her and raised it as her pet, naming the thing Snarf and taking care of it.

A cannok was quite the pest to take care and after a while she learned that whenever she could not find something in the cottage the best place to look for it was his mouth, the thing would eat anything that could fit in his mouth. Soon, the thing became a friendly companion to her walks around Dxun, the cannok never strayed very far from the cottage when she left to pick water or food.

At least in Dxun she did not had to think about her past, the days when Coruscant fell, or when the First Order destroyed, in there only the thriving lifeforce around of her mattered and nothing else. Meditation helped, it was all she ever did after doing her duties, she sat on a rock and meditate, her mind would drift away from her body and go to places far beyond her very existence, on the boma that was being hunted by the zakkeg near the waterfalls, on the drexl flying above the mountains, on the small insects all around her and sometimes she could see even beyond that, to see the mighty cities of Onderon. But still, her mind kept returning to that flashy moment, that black door opening to the citadel hidden beneath Odacer-Faustin, just disturbing her concentration.

“I give up.”, she finally said, it was useless to try to continue meditating that day. There was something bothering her, something in particular, as if she could sense that something was going to happen, good or bad but she still didn't know what it was. Although it was almost her duty as a rogue Jedi to know what she really was, even more so living in a place where at any moment something horrible could happen to her in many ways.

His legs began to slowly walk through the forest, his single eye focused on the grass in front of him as his mind wandered through his precious and lost memories. Until, she stopped, to just lift her head forward, frowning her thick silver eyebrows, something inside her said there was something wrong, or just… misplaced. And just raising his arm forward and removing a branch full of green leaves, Jarael put his blue eye for the first time on a skinny little boy with light hair. A moment that seemed to last for a long time, as she said nothing, absolutely nothing to him but frown and wait.
“Is this a joke?”, Jarael finally asked, “What in the name of the Maker are you doing here? Alone. Are you lost?”

OBJECTIVE - Meet a new person!

Why: The Force Called
Wearing/Wielding: Normal Clothes
When: Early
With: Jarael Belaerys Jarael Belaerys

As Aurelion had trudged through the sweltering forest of Dxun he had been more than a little nervous about the local wildlife but, now that he was recoiling in shock from a very exasperated Jarael.... he quickly decided that the animals weren't the most dangerous, or temperamental, thing on the moon. Her tone struck him like a physical hammer to the chest and it was all he could do to give a choked whimper, the old woman's questioning of what the solitary Padawan was doing in such a dangerous locale no doubt some sort of worry but to Aurelion... well.... it merely struck old wounds best left forgotten.

As that mental hitch in his chest caused his breathe to quicken and shallow he could only stagger back from her and shake his head, his fingers curling and clenching subconsciously as he averted his eye from her. His mouth suddenly feeling very, VERY dry as he tried to work up the courage to answer her. Amongst all his worry however, oddly enough, the fact that she too was missing an eye made Aurelion sympathetic. His own singular eye widening as he saw her eye-patch and, raising a hand, lightly brushed his own as he gazed into her eye.

Still touching his eye-patch Aurelion stared in silence at Jarael as he realized SHE was what he had been sensing. That the woman herself was... fascinating as he dipped his senses inward to gaze at her through the Force. She was like a refined diamond forged from coal. He could see the sweat, effort and blood she had shed to become who she was today. The exertion and exploitation she had faced in marring, chips and cracks in that diamond aura of hers. As well as a bristling, ready sense of defending the innocent and a willingness to bring light to darkness by her own hand Aurelion briefly felt himself in awe of. Of everything he could have said or done Aurelion looked into Jarael's own singular eye, approached her again, touched his eye-patch before murmuring to her "I-I'm sorry...." In a tiny, sad, trembling voice.

lVCIVrf.gif

L O C A T I O N | Woods of Dxun

O B J E C T I V E | Who knows?

T A G S | Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

Her days on that planet were not something worthy of a memorable life, when and if she died there, Jarael would be forgotten so quickly when the dirt of a Boma became compost for the land of the moon. She knew very well that this was not the life she should have chosen to walk, she was a Jedi, a proud member of the Order of the Silver Jedi, a survivor of the original Galactic Alliance, who had chosen exile instead of facing the shame created by herself. Working for years as a dormant agent, a slave at the behest of a Sith Lady with her breeding control worm tucked into the empty hole where her left eye was.

This thing messed with her head for a long time, making her do indescribable things across the galaxy. Things that haunted her dreams many times when she lay down to sleep, like horrendous images of a broken mosaic long ago, these made her wake up screaming, if not with her face covered with tears running down her only eye, the only one left , one she knew she could replace with a prosthesis but she left it there, as a reminder to her of her empty dreams and her empty life.

Her face contorted, wrinkling like a ripe fruit that suddenly rotted as his mouth asked loudly.

“Hum?”, the voice was taken by something of pure confusion, she did not understand what was happening there, she had no idea of her true intentions. All she knew was that a boy apologized to her without any reason to do that, with that frightened grimace and eye patch on her face, she bent down, turning her face to the side that had the eye and focusing it only in the presence of the boy in front of her, letting the blue orb roam the squalid creature from head to toe before she moved away to stand upright again. “Look, kid… let us take it slow okay? First, who are you? ”

She gave him a moment, her lips remained neutral, standing tightly sealed like a arrow. Her eye remained focused on the boy, as herself was thinking how to proceed with this odd conversation. Jarael had little patience for children, especially brats that probably ran away from Onderon to wander about the most dangerous moon in all the know galaxy just to prove a damn point.

“And where do you come from? As in… where are your parents?

OBJECTIVE - Answer?

Why: Call of the Force
Wearing/Wielding: Robes
When: Early

Aurelion watched as this odd woman turned her head, studying him intently as if she were someone inspecting a fruit for ripeness, and he found her gaze more than a little unnerving. Evidently whoever this woman was she wasn't one who took kindly to sentiments like Aurelion did so he back-pedaled from her a bit, putting distance between the two of them before she mentioned taking things.... slow? Aurelion hardly had time to even think about answering who he was before she asked him where his parents were.

This made Aurelion's own singular eye widen in surprise before he squirmed awkwardly his place, his gaze falling to the forest floor of the Dxun as he choked upon his words. Trying his best to think of how to answer this before he chewed on his lip and glanced back up at Jarael "M-My...... parents aren't here. My.... My mother is an Tanaab. A-At least I think so. My... My father...." Aurelion trailed off, shaking his head, as his shoulders slumped sadly. "I never.... I don't..... I don't know where he is." Aurelion would swallow softly, glance up Jarael, and draw in a slow breathe.

"I-I... only came here because I.... I felt something and.... I think it's you I felt. Can I.... ask who you are and... why you're here? I've... told you about me...." He would stiffen slightly, thinking that it was entirely possible that this woman was simply crazy and that he may have to simply run for his life if she decided to attack him.

lVCIVrf.gif

L O C A T I O N | Woods of Dxun.

His solemn face had little change as the boy in front of him spoke. She always kept that mask of calm, like a lake that didn't suffer from the wind or any movement, but her heart was stormy like the skies of Malachor V. Jarael did what she could to control her heart's feelings, her life in Dxun was proof of that for herself, but she still lacked the proper conviction to control herself, she knew that very well and no matter how much she meditated, she still felt it. That endless rage running through your veins, the urge to scream, to punch something, to scream with the full force of your lungs. This was one of those moments, she felt the impulse running inside her veins to take that boy by the collar of his clothes and shake him until he gave a direct answer to her, one that did not involve stutters.

The calm mask on her face changed, she felt thick eyebrows coming together in front of her face in a frown. His free hand closed tightly in one fist, hard and resilient, and the other hand went up to smooth his eyebrows, caressing his temples with relaxing affection.

'Why me? Why in the name of the Maker this would happen to me?’, She sighed deeply as she did so. 'I came here to relax, to find my balance, to find peace.', And curiously a small part of her body knew the answer to that question but refused to confirm it out loud to herself.

"Okay, kid... Okay...", she murmured to the boy in a calm and very low tone. Considering her alternatives at that time, she could send a message over HoloNet to the boy's mother, but when would she receive the same? Messages have taken weeks lately to reach their destinations. She could take it home in person, but that meant a trip she had no idea how to do because she didn't know where the damn planet was and couldn't even afford to pay for all the fuel needed for the trip. 'I can leave it here, pretend I didn't see it and leave it to your own risk and risk.', A voice whispered delightfully in his ear and Jarael tried to ignore the voice. ‘I’m the Jedi… I help people.’

“My name is Jarael, what is yours?”, It was a bit ironic, could it be that his mother never taught him anything about life? Not even that he should never talk to strangers? "Are you hungry?" She asked without looking at the boy, beginning a short walk through the fresh grass towards the deep green ocean of the forest. Stopping when he was far enough away from the boy and murmuring. "Are you coming or what?"

OBJECTIVE - Follow.... Jarael?

Why: Jarael?
When: Morning

This 'Jarael' woman definitely seemed odd to Aurelion. He could sense the turmoil and confusion her thoughts brought her and he was concerned. Worried for her even. Regardless Jarael seemed to come to some sort of conclusion and Aurelion was thankful when it seemed to be their..... calmer reaction. He gave a polite, but distracted, nod when she gave her name before responding with his own. "My name is Aurelion. It's nice to meet you Jarael." It then occurred to Aurelion that given the circumstances, being alone with a grown woman in the middle of the woods, that he should likely have been scared but, for whatever reason, he found Jarael more odd than threatening.

As Jarael began to walk away Aurelion fidgeted in place uncertainly, though he did nod when she asked if he was hungry, before blinking when she asked if he was going to follow her. He blushed softly and nodded, figuring Jarael must have actually had a reason for the Force to have called him here. Whatever that reason was Aurelion was now equally curious as he was trepidatious. But he was confident Jarael would be able to keep him safe even here on Dxun of all places.

As they walked through the thick foliage of Dxun's forest floor Aurelion watched Jarael with a wide, curious eye. She seemed to be very used to this place, able to nimbly move through places where Aurelion was halted as he slowly worked through the undergrowth, and she seemed to have knowledge enough to know which way she was going. All-in-All, when it came to handling the forest moon, Aurelion sensed confidence from Jarael even if she was a little odd. "So ummm..... where are we going?"

lVCIVrf.gif

L O C A T I O N | Forests of Dxun

The sun was almost down. Night would come and the creatures, the famous predators of that moon would crawl out of their caves or holes and two fleshy soft sentients walking the woods were but easy prey for those sharp fangs and deadly claws. She knew that all too well, Dxun was no place for the weak, and that meant them, two useless sentient beings alone in this side of the galaxy floating above the glorious dusty cities of Onderon.

“My place.”, it was the first time she said that to anothe being. She actually found her house abandoned, the former owners were gone, Jarael tracked them for a while inside the Green Hell until the tracks took her near tracks done by a vornskr. The girl gave up in her search and settled for things the way they were. “Just follow me…”, her voice was dim and distant, her eye kept always on the path ahead of them, walking with a child was not in her plans this morning when she dragged herself out of her ragged bed.

‘Of all the things that could have happened… why not a drexl? Or a pack of hungry vornskr?’, herself hammered her mind with that very same question as she crossed the bushes, walking slowly and paying attention to the sound of footstep behind her. Was she that unlucky? First her master died in Coruscant, than Coruscant burned and the Jedi Temple was sacked, than the Silver Jedi came, the Silver Jedi left, and now even in exile trouble seemed to find her. She could have became a farmer, or maybe find some work on Onderon, but no, she wanted to live as a eremit on the woods, well, her own fault.

“If I may ask you something, kid… how did you lose your eye?”, she inquired in a calm tone of voice, she was actually a bit curious about it since she had a eye-patch herself. In her case, the Sith that did this to her was long gone, probably dead fighting the Imps somewhere, or perhaps she was still alive in Odacer-Faustin, feasting on the dead and preying on the fools, just like she did to her. Jarael did not cared about that anymore, the galaxy was already filled with too many darksiders for her to even care about trying to make the difference. 'The galaxy is lost in chaos, the end.', that was what she used to say to convince herself about that.

"How can you drive a spaceship with such short legs?"

OBJECTIVE - Ermm?

Why: The Force Guides
When: Morning

Aurelion blinked as Jarael informed him they were going to..... her place? She lived here? Aurelion glanced around doubtfully before silently nodding along with Jarael's words as he fell into step behind her. Listening to the calls and cries of the various creatures that lived out among the wilds of Dxun. Aurelion could even faintly 'hear' faint, murmuring voices of darkness whispering from beyond the horizon on Dxun. This made him shiver and step closer to Jarael unconsciously, though there was something lulling about the voices they also held a perversion to them that Aurelion was not comfortable with.

Aurelion was so intent on the deep, rhythmic chanting, those dark voices he heard, that when Jarael spoke up to ask him how he lost his own eye Aurelion's head darted up like a frightened animal who just heard a suspicious noise. He blinked at her in confusion, his mind catching up to reality once again, before he blushed and look down. "U-Umm....." He would begin, his ears drooping sheepishly, crossing his arms over his chest softly as he glanced off to the side. "I-I would rather.... not talk about it p-please?" He would offer softly, one hand raising up to cover the eye-patch, as if ashamed of Jarael seeing it now that she had asked WHY he wore it.

It seemed to only be a few more moments of silent thought before Jarael suddenly asked how he.... drove his spaceship? With short... legs? Aurelion's eye widened to the size of an egg and he simply stared at her in complete confusion. The simple facts that spaceships didn't drive and that your legs didn't effect your ability to fly a spaceship almost going over Aurelion's head as his mind fumbled over what in the Force she meant by that. The only conclusion he could reach was that it was a joke and Aurelion gave a hesitant half-smile, not exactly understanding, before he would step over a log. Only to yelp in shock as the old rotted wood cracked under his weight, causing his foot to sink into the log, and Aurelion would whimper as a large serpent began to coil up his leg. Tensing in fear as he glanced at Jarael for help.

lVCIVrf.gif

L O C A T I O N | Forests of Dxun

She was in that moon for so long that she barely cared about the noises all around her. The endless sounds of shrikes and growls in the dark, she was too used to staying with animals and creatures all around her, preying and hunting, that she forgot how was to be around another sentient being. Something she realized when that kid got closer to her body and almost immediately she turned to gaze upon that little creature, with her whole body telling her to back away from it, she actually fought against her own instincts in that moment when she raised her trembling arm from the side of her body and hesitated to actually place it over the kids shoulder.

“That is alright, kid. Don’t worry about it.”, that was she could find in her heart to say to him and when she realized how sentimental she seemed, Jarael scratched her throat and removed his arm from the little boy's shoulders. “Buck up.”, her mouth almost growled as she turned forward, speeding up their pace. Putting a hand in the middle of the boy's back and speeding up with him at his side after seeing the first lights of the cabin. Growing up as a safe haven for them to take shelter at night. It was a small cabin, made of wood like those farmers' houses on rural planets they heard in the order of the Order of the Silver Jedi. Built by what she discovered a few decades ago by a family, whose fate she had no idea what had happened.

At its entrance was a plump, green figure of the alien she had adopted as her own. A companion in the midst of loneliness and social detachment, a jaded thing with a huge smile on its sharp teeth. Opening and closing his mouth, making small dry hisses of excitement when he saw that she had returned, Jarael hurried over to the creature and tried to bend down and scratch the same between the ears.

"Hello ...", she spoke to the creature and smiled as he rubbed his tongue in Jarael's other hand. The black-haired woman turned to the child behind her, her lips stiff again. "This is Frank. Come over here."

After a while, she took a moment to notice how shaken, how small and weak that little boy was. Since he was a tiny little thing in the middle of a moon filled with huge creatures with sharp teeth, she took the time to speak.

"Kid ... Aurelion, right? Don't worry. This moon is nothing. The galaxy is much bigger and more full of life than you can imagine. Nothing here in Dxun will touch you, I promise you that.”, she turned to gaze him with a solemn face and tried to smile.

OBJECTIVE - Be... Safe?

Why: Jarael
When: Mid-Day

Aurelion could only watch as the snake continued to coil it's way around his leg, hissing passively at Jarael, though the creature seemed unnaturally calmed by her presence. Aurelion, on the other hand, could only tense as she laid a hand upon his thin shoulder. Jarael seemed... uncomfortable, even Aurelion could feel it. Aurelion tensed as she seemed to begin to walk away. Chewing on his lip and taking a chance, Aurelion gently pulled his leg free of the serpent's coils, which proceeded to hiss and slither away in fright. This made Aurelion sigh in relief, only to tense as Jarael's hand found the small of his back, taking him along with her at an impatient pace.

Upon seeing the small, wooden cabin Aurelion's singular eye glanced around curiously before it fell upon the small green creature, what seemed to be a Cannok? Aurelion blinked as Jarael identified the little creature as 'Frank' which Aurelion couldn't help but find to be a slightly funny name. Though, at her direction, Aurelion approached Jarael and Frank, looking up at her curiously with a wide blue eye, before Aurelion blinked in shock at Jarael's choice of words. Her protectiveness more than surprising him as his pale cheeks dusted a light, embarrassed hue of pinkish salmon. His elongated ears drooping timidly as he shuffled his feet.

His voice, when he found it, caught in his throat as he ducked his head so that his bangs fell over his eye. "Th-Thank you... umm.... Jarael...." Aurelion then turned to look at Frank and, swallowing nervously tentatively reached out to touch the small creature's consciousness through the Force, barely delivering a small feeling of thankfulness before Aurelion felt a retaliatory pain in his forehead. Though the exertion had been small, the Force had not responded positively to his use of it, and he winced noticeably as he pressed a hand to his forehead. Mumbling to himself "Owww...."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom