Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Pursuit of Ancient Knowledge

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
Hurling through hyperspace aboard my personal ship, The Dark Horizon, I grew further anxious in searching one of the tombs on Korriban; the legendary resting place of Naga Sadow, though he never officially had his body laid to rest in this ancient burial site. However, it wasn't his body I was seeking out. Despite all the treasure hunters, salvagers, and Sith that trounced through the tomb in search for artifacts and trinkets, perhaps plundering it all, I was looking for something more concrete. From those that lend their council to me from House Venjuta, they were against this quest; but having not spent a single credit on this expedition either through my company or the Venjuta vaults, their words held no sway with me.

With my familiar, Moragi, coiled around my neck line we looked out through the viewport watching the colorful lines zoom past us. I had optioned to quest this alone, but a part of me questioned that decision. Perhaps I should have brought my sister, or another member or two from the Venjuta Bloodline. However, on the other side a part of me needed this quest; to find and elevate myself to a better status in life. In hindsight, it was the right choice to make. Whomever I brought, my sister especially, would only lead to distractions.

The ship began to slow, eliminating the frequency of those blue lines, as we drew close to Korriban; prompting me to leave the bridge and make my way to the transport shuttle. Stroking the scaly body of Moragi, I found comfort that she at least would be joining me. Over the course of her creation, she and I had been nearly inseparable. Plus, Korriban was not short on predators, so having a unique friend like her might be the difference between success and lost to eternity.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
Moon Shadow, my personal transport landed on the surface of Korriban, a few paces from the Valley of the Dark Lords. Leading the procession off the shuttle, four members of the Wintermoor Royal Guard marched a few feet from the shuttle, examining the area as I was emerging from the shuttle. Korriban was known to house two mighty predators, the tukata and the hssiss, that have been feeding on wayward travelers and explorers for thousands of years. They were fearsome, deadly, and more than a match for any small band such as us. Even Sith, both powerful and weak, have fallen to these beasts. Had a better opportunity presented itself, we would have landed closer to the Valley, but not knowing who or what was already there scavenging about; it was best to side with caution.

Drawing the hood of my outfit to cover my face, adding protection from the red sand being whipped at us from the growing wind, I led the guards through a series of winding and twisting paths through rocky formations. The pull of the Dark Side was strong, as was the calling. I already basked in the Dark Side, but none-the-less it was a welcoming sensation. We arrived to the outer edges of the Valley, taking stock that someone or something had been here before us; recently. A camp site laid in ruins, with several pieces of electronic equipment smashed and strewn about. Reaching the camp, where no signs of the campers could be found, one of the guards pointed out several animal tracks in the sand. It was never mentioned among us, but we knew what had befallen this site.

Once we found the tomb of Sadow, I entered first ignoring the combined protests from the guards. It was unnaturally dark but my eyes, a product and gift from my species, allowed me to see as if it was illuminated. Whilst we cautiously walked through the main tunnel, several bones and tattered articles of clothing greeted us with a sense of foreboding. However, I would not be discouraged from the ancient remanents of those that came before us. Collectively we stopped, each of us sensing a pack of something primal; spurring Moragi to slither down from her perch, cloaking herself in the process.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
The brief silence was disturbed by howling, which echoed down the tunnel toward us. The guards drew their sickles, and I drew Tintreach in preparation for dispersing the threat. Behind me, the guards fell into their shield wall formation whilst I stepped behind them. The howls changed into padding feet, and around the corner came a pack of tukata; each one salivating from their jaws. "Steady," I said, "let them draw closer before striking!" The guards were trained well under my friend, Captain Gelifix Venjuta, and would make quick work of this threat; but we could not afford carelessness.

The first wave fell upon us, the guard's sickles chopping them down. The second wave nipped at them on the heels over their fallen brood, shoving us back slightly. At this time, I rose the dead beasts, pitting our foe between us and their undead former pack members. Within a cold, winter breath the tukata laid dead before our feet; yet we remained in formation until we were sure the threat was over. I opted to keep the undead beasts rather than ordering their second execution and together we strode down the tunnel. When we reached the end, the tunnel split to the right and left. Making a choice, I ordered the guards to investigate the left side, whilst my undead tukata and myself would investigate the right.

"Do not overextend yourselves," I said as they began moving down the side tunnel. "And most importantly, do not touch anything!" Majority of the tombs that hosted the remains of the dead, ancient Sith Lords were infused with traps to thwart grave robbers, and though by now most of those traps had been sprung; this was the Sith and I wasn't leaving anything to chance. Taking a breath's moment to watch the guards move down the tunnel, I clicked my teeth to my 'pets' and I began moving down the right; sensing Moragi was leading our procession.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
The tunnel ended abruptly, meaning it had been caved in with no visible way through; however the small hole of darkness on the floor showed promise. Materializing in front of me, Moragi flicked her tongue observing the hole too. She and I could fit through the tight hole, but my new 'pet's were to wide. Ending the spell I held over the undead tukata, the group shuttered and fell to the side; Moragi flickering her tongue in approval.

Moragi slithered down first, followed by my cautious movements. We had discovered a small chamber, littered with broken and cracked with what could only be described as pottery. Amusement struck me at the thought why a Dark Lord of the Sith would use pottery. Then I recalled that his body wasn't actually lying here, so this chamber could have been nothing short of someone's idea of a storage facility. With nothing of interest to keep me here, I exited out the only way in or out; stepping into another tunnel. However, this tunnel had lit torches running along both sides of the walls, and several fresh tracks in the dirt. Crouching down, I observed some of the tracks left deeper impressions than others; meaning one possible outcome. Something had been carried.

Turning around as Moragi slid back to her spot, I noticed the massive, black obsidian door with red symbols carved into them. When I reached to touch these symbols, I felt a small sensation of heat through my gloves; alerting me to pull back immediately. Examining closer, I noticed these weren't actual symbols, but Sith runes. Now that was interesting in itself. Sith runes were rare, but even more rare was the fact that very few knew or understood them, not to mention how to properly utilize them. Looking over my shoulder in the direction I came, I felt adventure brewing in my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom