Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Impulse & Control

Kaddak. What a happy little planet. A hole home to scum and villains. The Mandalorians were doing their best to clean this rotten planet up. Now that she was sure her old home was not chasing her, Gwyneira Craft was fine coming out of hiding to help clean up and take out the trash, despite not being Vod yet.

Gwyn peered through her sniper rifle, looking down from her perch to the camp of drug dealers in the clearing. Sure, the walls and armaments were low class and shabby, but they still had vigilant sentinels waiting to blast anyone who came to their secret camp. She gazed through the scope, taking the scene in. She spied crates and boxes of drugs lined up for shipping, ready to be loaded onto a transport. She scowled when she saw death sticks amongst them.

She hated this entire trade, but she especially loathed death sticks.

She had to keep her head about her though. If she was going to bust this base and the dealers within, she would need a proper plan. The two three pistols at her hips, twin blasters and a stun/ion pistol; were accompanied with a lightsaber she barely knew how to use. She also had a combat knife, and she had vambraces on her arms. Still, she had little to no armor, having left her Aegis of the Watch behind to an old life. She needed to be careful going in here. She needed a strategy, and she needed to exercise caution.

From her perch, she continued to gaze into her sniper scope and map out the base from afar, formulating different hypotheses and executions in her meticulous mind.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Last edited:
After marching a karking walker through main street and literally tearing the place up with rotary cannon shots, particle shots and all kinds of other shots that would scare just about anyone short of a machine, Shai figured that it would be enough to subdue the scum of Kaddak. Sadly she overestimated the will to live and intelligence of a bunch of drug addicts and gangsters. So there she was again, dropping out of hyperspace and entering the atmosphere of Kaddak in her Basilisk. The howl of its engine echoed gently into the cockpit as she headed for the space port.

She honestly didn't need to be there, someone was bound to take note and a Karjr or two would sort the place out in less than a day... except she wanted to do it. Despite everything she had been up to, she still wasn't satisfied with her progress. She was dangerous before the incident on Coruscant, she wanted to make sure she was even more so with her new augmentations. Baby set down in an open landing pad and she climbed out of the cockpit, giving him a gentle tap on the side of the hull as she smiled up at him. "Stay put. I'll radio in if I need some help." He droned in confirmation as she slid on her helmet and walked away.

As much as she wanted to just march in and start blasting, she wasn't in the mood to face off against rocket launchers or another tank. Her jetpack came to life and she soared up onto a roof not too far from the target building. It was amusing to see how close the facility was to the factory she tore apart with Kranak and Alora not too long ago.

The one thing she wasn't expecting by any stretch of the imagination was someone already laying on the roof with a sniper rifle in hand.

Touching down with a heavy thud a few steps behind the girl, Shai's rifle rested against her cuirass with one hand on the grip and the other pointed at the stranger. "Who the kriff are you?" She asked flatly, her vambrace ready to fire all manner of unpleasantries at her. "You don't exactly look like a merc or something." She commented, glancing over to the building. The guards on top of the facility hadn't seen her arrival so that was a plus. Her T-visor remained locked onto the girl as her right arm stayed just where it was.

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

Gwyneira was kind of shocked to see a Mandalorian descend upon her, especially with a blaster. Being from the Eternal Empire, however, instilled a doctrine of submitting to authority, no matter how oppressive. This person was wearing the traditional armor of the Mandalorians, so she was in a sense authority.

Gwyn frowned, making sure she was still up undercover as she lowered her rifle and looked over to the Mando so rudely pointing a gun at her. "Relax, I'm here trying to figure out how to blast this trash into oblivion. I bet you'll take any help you can with the crime on this slimeball planet."

Just because she was submitting to authority, it did not mean Gwyn wasn't going to be sassy about it. The punk rock outfit and dyed hair probably gave wayy her freer nature.

She continued to look at the Mandalorian with an increasingly annoyed expression, "So maybe point your gun at the criminals down there and not me."

Shai Maji Shai Maji

The girl's attitude made Shai smirk behind her T-visor as she looked her over. Her look reminded her of a Shadowrunner she met on Denon a while ago that had a very similar look to her. Loud and obnoxious as it can possibly get. She did have a point, though. Shai wasn't there to annoy a random sniper on a rooftop, she was there to tear apart a bunch of gangsters. Her vambrace remained on target for a second or so before she flinched. "Fair enough. A sidekick wouldn't hurt for this." She quipped with a snicker as her arm lowered and she turned her attention to the compound not too far away.

The guards along the roof were staying put. Her visor flashed green for a brief moment as she switched to X-ray to see what was going on inside the building, the zoom function making it a lot easier as well. "Speeders, small arms, junkies, no heavy ordinance by the look of it... eh, good target practice." She thought aloud for a moment before her vision returned to normal. "Alright, while you're busy tryin' to figure out how to get rid of 'em, I'll be headin' off. Feel free to tag along if you want, just don't get shot." She commented as she walked past the girl and off the rooftop like a suicidal maniac. Her repulsor boots kicked in and slowed her descent to the ground before she calmly walked towards the back of the facility. She might not be expecting much, but it still wasn't fun to get peppered right through the front door. Their blasters wouldn't do anything, it simply wasn't pleasant as the bolts impacted next to the plates that were supposed to stop them.

She walked through the backstreets of Kaddak around the target building as she looked for any other opposition or things out of place. Every now and then she glanced behind her to see if the girl would follow or not...

Gwyneira sighed. Were all Mandalorians this reckless? Yet, with a sigh, she stood up. Slinging her sniper rifle over her back, she used the Force as she leapt down. The wind caused her hood to fly off. Arkanian white eyes, pale skin, and pale blonde hair with dyed fronts were on display as she hit the ground smoothly. She followed the headstrong Mandalorian, once again able to keep up with the Force on her side, despite still lacking much physical training.

I'll stay behind her, like I do with Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt . Play backup, I'm not nearly as armored. Or skilled, obviously. These Mandalorians are nuts...

She pulled her sniper rifle out again and held it firm. She turned the corner, following her new companion into a back alley way. Staying behind the Mandalorian she faced the back of the dealer's base. She looked around. No good perch for sniping. She slung the rifle on her back again and pulled out her twin pistols. She blew some hair out of her face for better vision and snipped, "Okay, what's your plan? My name is Gwyn, by the way. Not sidekick."

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai chuckled to herself when she saw the girl coming up behind her with her rifle in hand. Luckily the girl was smart enough to put her rifle away and use her pistols. "I didn't know sidekicks were allowed to talk." She quipped with a snicker as she turned to look at the girl for a moment. "The name's Shai, nice to meet you. Alright, let's think this through." She muttered as she stood by a corner with a decent view of the complex.

"You go around the back here and make for a tower. You'll have good visibility up there for that rifle of yours... remind me to give you a better one after this... in the meantime, I'll draw the attention so you can get in. You should be able to disable those vehicles as well once you're in." She explained, pointing to a maintenance ladder on the back of the building. It was guarded, of course, though with what Shai had planned, it wouldn't be for long.

With her rifle in hand she gave the girl a quick salute. "Comm frequency is two-two, just so we can still talk when the shooting starts." She suggested as she backpedalled towards the building. "Don't get shot." Was her final piece of very useful and valued advice to the girl before she blasted into the air. Almost immediately, she started to fire at the guards on the walls and the towers as she flew overhead. Missiles flew from her jetpack at two of the vehicles to cause a few very big explosions inside the compound while her particle rifle tore a bunch of people apart.

It didn't take long for bolts to zoom past her from the ground as she pestered the gangsters from above. From the look of it, the attention was all on her which hopefully cleared the way for Gwyn to get in.

Gwyneira rolled her eyes at the sass, taking the punishment. She was used to verbal bearings, so really this was nothing. She sighed and put one pistol away, following the instructions. Even as she turned and started running, the sounds of explosions and blaster shots rang out. Well, this Shai was certainly not the subtle type. Gwyn dashed to the now unguarded tower and put her remaining blaster away. She scaled the ladder, then pulled it up so no one could follow. It took longer than simply kicking it down, but if kicked down it could simply be put up again.

After taking care of the ladder, Gwyn pulled her sniper rifle out and slipped towards the perch. She pulled her hood up, hoping it would allow better cover than her bright pink highlighted hair, and took aim for the vehicles. Ever becoming the better shot, she targeted the exposed engines, circuits, or power generators. If none of those were visible, the controls. She was careful with every shot, also swiftly sniping down anyone who got too near the the escape options. Eventually, Gwyn had taken down every vehicle. Then, she turned her attention to the drug dealing scum and continued shooting them.

Of course, she kept an eye out through her scope. If she could use the environment itself to her advantage, that could do just as much if not more damage than a blaster bolt.

"Shai," She spoke to her wild partner through the com channel she was given, "Make good use of your explosives and take down any entrances and archways as well. They will still try to escape on foot."

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shots soon rained down upon the gangsters beneath her from the tower. Glancing over to it, a smirk formed behind Shai's T-visor as she watched Gwyn fire away at their enemy. Her attention turned back to her targets and she continued to fire as she hovered above them, only weaving about and moving to avoid getting shot too much.

Her comms chimed in as Gwyn suggested to take out the supports of the facility to box their opposition in, a suggestion that had Shai quiet for a few moments. This girl was serious about taking out these guys. Someone had to talk to the girl about massacring crowds of people like this... luckily it wasn't her responsibility. "Heh, time to have some fun." She quipped before she descended into the compound to target the supports. The doors were blocked, then emergency escapes... then the roof supports around the groups trying to escape. She tossed her second magazine down and slotted a fresh one in before she continued to fire.

Casually she touched down and clipped her rifle to the side of her jetpack, instead drawing her twin pistols to dispatch of the remaining bunch. The panic and fear was bad enough for her to smell through the pungent sting of drugs being crafted. That gave her an idea. :: Gwyn, put a few rounds into the lab. First floor, your two o' clock. :: She suggested over the blaster fire around her and shots pinging off her armour as she fired one round after the other at the remaining attackers.

The numbers were dwindling steadily with their combined assault. One crafty guy tried to tackle her, though he didn't last long as she buried her Kal in the back of his neck. All this carnage made her think of something rather important as well. Wasn't 'Gwyn' the nickname Eliz mentioned for his girl? It couldn't be possible, too much of a coincidence. She needed to get back to Doc Painless with her memory issues, it was getting out of hand at this rate.

"Roger that."

Gwyneira aimed her rifle at Shai's target. The lab, first floor, her two o'clock. She peered into the scope and fired. The shot out, and...

KA-BOOM!

The camp was suddenly burning with the sparks and flames of drugs and crackling explosions. As multicolored smoke filled the air, the potency of death sticks flooded her nose. So gagged, pulling her fingers up and plugging her nose, "Karking death sticks!"

As the camp was decimated and the remaining dealers were killed, Gwyn turned while gagging and slung her rifle on her back again. The half Arkanian kicked the ladder to the edge of the building. She lowered it with one hand and the Force, then slid down. As she hit the ground, she turned to go to Shai and her impressive trash heap of corpses. But - something flared in her mind. A feeling. She was growing to recognize it. She pulled her blaster out, not even making visual contact as she turned, already shooting the one remaining dealer who had been aiming at her. She only took in the sight as he fell dead.

She blinked in surprise, looking down at her blaster. Then, she turned to the Mandalorian she was near to. Had she seen that?

Shai Maji Shai Maji

The lab went up in flames instantaneously when Gwyn's shot landed. Shai's rebreather quickly took over to filter out the borderline fatal fumes as she fired around her at the survivors. The survivors could barely be called that as they groaned and whined. A few unfortunate souls were caught in the blast, coated in flames and screaming in agony. A quick shot from her pistols to the chest eased their passing. The other survivors were all taken care of as Shai calmly walked around the compound.

With them sorted, she turned her attention back to Gwyneira. Her jetpack came back to life and she flew up to the roof... just in time for a very interesting scene.

Standing a few meters away, Shai's T-visor was locked onto Gwyn as she studied the girl. "Either you've been holding back on me, or you're a lot more interesting than you look." She commented after a few seconds, holstering her pistols. "Important question now, kiddo." She calmly started to approach Gwyn with her hands still resting on her pistols as she kept her gaze on the girl. She stopped a few feet away from the girl. "You Sith?" She asked her coldly, gripping her pistols tightly in anticipation for the answer. She hoped the girl wasn't, she seemed like a good sort for some good ol' button pressing. Executing her wouldn't be as much fun.

Gwyn could tell she was wary, even sense it. The tensity emitted off her in jagged waves of chaos. She lowered her blaster, turning to look back at the Mandalorian before. She could not help but feel a bit insulted at that accusation, and it showed in the angry blood rushing to her face. Still, she put her weapons away and raised her hands in sign of friendliness. Or at least on the same sideness.

"The Sith killed my mom and destroyed my homeworld, and tried killing me. Being accused of being a Sith is quite insulting. They are deplorable, evil monsters that take pleasure in the suffering of innocents. Of course I'm not a Sith!"

She lowered her hands and crossed her arms, "And before you ask, I'm no Jedi either. I hate them too."

As the embers and smoke arose from the fire below them, Gwyn raised an eyebrow and looked to the Mandalorian. She could tell she was ready to start shooting, and she desperately hoped she was not put off by her. So, she offered the whole truth. "I am Force Sensitive, used to be a Warden of the Shroud, but I left that order and their empire. Right now, I'm more focused on becoming a Vod than on my connection to the Force."

Shai Maji Shai Maji

The girl's reaction at least was a good indication that she wasn't one of them. It seemed that Shai struck a rather very sensitive nerve with the girl as she ranted away, even throwing the Jedi under the bus. Shai couldn't help but smirk under her helmet as she watched the girl. "Well you're just a ray of sunshine." She commented. She had to admit that she was curious about why Gwyn hated the Jedi as well... though that might be bias talking.

She was ready to bid her farewell and leave until the girl went on to explain her story. Shai turned straight back to Gwyn with a look of scepticism that would likely even be able to be read on her visor. It was a very bold claim to make, not something just anyone would do on the fly. Especially to a Mandalorian armed to the teeth only a few steps away from them. "You? You're training to become vod?" Her hands came up to remove her helmet as she took a few steps closer to Gwyn. "You better not be tryin' to pull a fast one on me, kiddo." She studied her for a long moment until her eyes went wide.

"Wait... hold up. Gwyn? As in Gwyn, Eliz's girl?" She asked with surprise. It was one hell of a coincidence but after her talk with Eliz, there was no way she was mistaken. If anything, she was at least happy with the confirmation that her memory wasn't acting up again. "Well you're the last person I actually would have expected to bump into!" A grin finally formed as she held her helmet under one arm. Studying for a few seconds more, she gave a nod. "My kiddo didn't do too bad for himself, actually." She commented. "Sorry, guess I gotta explain. Shai Krayt, Eliz's Alor." She held a hand out for the girl to shake as her grin remained right where it was.

Gwyneira gasped at the hyena lady as she mentioned Eliz. Eliz! Jac'Eli'Zirem! Where was he? Was he safe? Was he alright? It had been days since his last call...

Was it likely this Shai Krayt knew? Maybe. Maybe not. But right now, the title of Alor was intriguing, and... intimidating. She knew what it meant, what it represented. The leaders of Mandalorian Clans. Gwyn's demeanor snapped from snarky and sarcastic, albeit honest and cooperative, to... groveling.

"Alor..." Gwyn echoed, eyes widening. She froze, having no idea how to respond or act. In haste, she bent and offered a formal bow, like the salutes of the Eternal Empire or respectful head dips in the Arkanian Academy. "I-I had no idea! I'm-I am sorry if I've been speaking out of turn, or... I mean, it's an honor!"

Ah, yes, the people pleaser. Gwyneira Craft was desperate for approval, and had always found herself in cultures that elevated respect for higher ranking people. The pure blooded Arkanians of her homeworld, and the higher ranking officers and Wardens of the Eternal Empire. As she lowered her head in a respectable bow, she was flooded with anxiety in just how to act and behave, or if her behavior so far was not desirable. A slight trembling obvious in her extended arms.

Would this Alor reject her?

Shai's eyes went wide with visible confusion as the girl's demeanour shifted from snark and sass to a literal bow like she was some sort of royalty. It was only after she was frozen in place for a second or two that she realized it would be a good idea to do something. "Hey, chill! I ain't some royal highness or something, I'm just a soldier." She quickly spoke up with an embarrassed smile as she straightened the girl out with a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"I appreciate the gesture though." She chuckled as she motioned for the girl to follow her. "I can give you a pointer for becoming a Mando already. We ain't like the Sith or other stiffs runnin' around. A good slap on the back or a handshake is more than enough, no matter who you're dealin' with. We ain't royals. The last time a Mando tried to be a royal, it was one hell of a disaster." She admitted. The Mandalorian Empire was long before she became a Mandalorian, though the business she got out of that mess was heavenly. Black market couldn't get enough of the looted gear and armour. The Union, however, was a piece of history she could recall very easily. "Oh yeah, just one thing, seeing as I got to meet Eliz's dream girl so soon." She rested a hand on her back, though her grip quickly tightened along the back of Gwyn's neck as she leaned in with a grin big enough to show off her razor sharp teeth. "You kark that kid over, I put a bolt in the back of your head." She threatened with a maniacal voice before she let go of her.

Raising a finger in the air, she quickly continued, "And I swear if that little schutta treats you bad, I'll dome him myself as well. Kriffer should know how to treat his girl right by now." She spun her helmet between her hands before she slipped it back on with a sigh of relief. "Karkin' hell those chemicals stink something awful. Area smells like a Nar Shaddaa nightclub." she commented. As Shai reached the edge of the rooftop, she turned to face Gwyn. "It's been a real pleasure, wasn't expecting to meet ya this early. I hope we bump into each other again." She held a hand out for the girl to shake as she spoke. "And hey, if ya need help with the 'How to Mando' stuff, feel free to get in touch. I know the feelin' very well, it's a lot of history mixed in with really hard training."

So many emotions and thoughts.

She had calmed down upon hearing that the Mandalorians were more... relaxed. Yet, it was also odd. Someone high and in authority just behaving like anyone else and expecting more casual treatment. Gwyneira tilted her head. In her texts, Alor and especially the Mand'Alor were written about with a great deal of respect. Before she could ask anything further, however, the threat came.

Gwyn was absolutely terrified of this cabine now. From the threat, obviously, but also from her threatening Eliz as well. Yet, a wistfulness flooded her. A family member cared for Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt that much. If only she had that...

But she had to save Eliz's skin, "E-Eliz and I are doing great right now! He has done nothing but support and guide me, he's a sweetheart! I'm lucky to have him, I promise he's treating me well!"

As she spoke, she reflected on how he had not responded to her calls in so long. Worry and anger infested her mind over him. She took a step forward, about to ask if Krayt knew where Eliz was, but then the topic changed again. Shai was now already saying farewell and offering to help. Gwyn blinked. She was under the wonderful tutelage of Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla right now she should be fine.

Oof. Thinking of Kranak, she probably needed to get back to the safe house.

She pulled her hood back up and nodded to Shai, more than willing to leave things here. She despised the smells of chemicals and drugs here. She needed to flee the death stick stenches.

She gave Shai a nod, "I will call if I need, thank you, Shai Maji Shai Maji ."[/COLOR]

She then turned to the opposite direction and ran off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom