Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improvised Designs

id_by_dae_thalin-d2uyspd.png

Image Source: http://dae-thalin.deviantart.com

Corporation Name: Improvised Designs

Headquarters: Mandalore

Locations: N/A

Operations: Design and Manufacturing of weapons, militarized ground combat vehicles, and equipment to support them.

Rationale: In 825 ABY, Myra Hadrix left the soldier life behind for good and turned to mechanics and engineering. She began a vessel salvaging and resale business, which she operates to this day on Mandalore, along the outskirts of the planet's capitol city, Keldabe. Her and her husband Jack live in the plains beside the shop, which consists of a large hangar and a 1,200 square meter tarmac (600 x 200 meters) landing pad, for when business is crowded, or Myra is commissioned with a particularly large vessel to work on. One year ago, Myra was awarded a business-growth loan based on a model she presented to the Bank of Keldabe that would e
xpand her already lofty ship repair business by affording the construction of an industrial grade machine and metallurgy facility. Her number of employees jumped from 9 to 24 in a matter of months during the facility's construction, which took up a round 600 square meters of the original 1,200 square meters.
With the facility's completion, Myra is prepared to begin work building the vehicles and equipment she spent the last several years designing and perfecting, and is hoping to sell them to the Galactic Republic or Mandalorian governments.

Tier: Tier II

Description:

Our Story

Improvised Designs is a design and manufacturing company started by Myra and Jack Hadrix on Myra's home world of Mandalore. Originally a small ship repair yard, Myra expanded her business over time until she began providing custom designs and work on existing models of star craft and equipment. Originally working for private entities only, Myra has recently taken to vying for military contracts with some of the Galaxy's minor governments.
Rather than complete her own, original designs, Myra focuses her work on improving existing models, usually founded as outdated or decidedly "obsolete" equipment. Two examples of her work are the C1M2A MAT-TE Walker and the A-10 LA-AT gunship series. Both based on old Republic vehicles, these two designs have proven that old tech can be better tech.

Business Strategy

Improvised Designs focuses on seeking out wholes within government military forces that need to be filled, and producing designs that fulfill those needs. The company does take private manufacturing and design requests, depending on the size of the order and the type of design.

Environmental Policy

Improvised Designs is a Green Corporation, meaning our production facilities function on renewable energy sources and we endeavor to contribute to progress the healthy communities in which we exist. Improvised Designs aims to adhere strictly to and, whenever possible, exceed the latest Environmental Policy Standards set by the Environmental Protection Committee of the Mandalorian Government.

Political Philosophy

Improvised Designs does not align itself strictly with any particular government or political ideology. However, the company does not take contracts from any entity that identifies itself as a part of the One Sith government or general Sith ideology.

Subsidiaries: None

Myra Hadrix said:
With the facility's completion, Myra is prepared to begin work building the vehicles

Myra Hadrix said:
Operations: Military Weapon and Equipment Design and Manufacturing
Please note that your operations define what sort of submissions you will be permitted to make in the factory, if this company refits and refurbishes ships, or repairs vehicles, it should state that in the operations. Keep in mind you may only keep 2 like operations, though you may expand with development both now and through tier expansion.

Okay, gotcha. Sorry, I'm still super new to how you guys run this sort of thing.

So, the kinds of stuff we do are mainly weapons, equipment, and vehicles. Not so much starships, but at the most, starfighters and freighters (like YT-1300's and stuff, not big ones).
But tanks, small walkers, speeders, rifles, grenades, personal shields, tank enhancement kits, that sort of stuff. If you can carry it on a big truck, that's our class.

Do you just want me to list that kind of thing?

[member="Myra Hadrix"]
Example (based on what you've told me):
  • Operations: Small Arms, Personnel Equipment, Vehicles, Starship Repair/Modifications
Of course I'd need to ask you to lower the operations (which is what your business does, i.e; operations of work) to two (2), or otherwise include a bit of development, at least 10 posts to increase it by one (1).

Sorry, been busy with an invasion:

So currently I have technically two things the company is supposed to do:

1) Design
2) Manufacturing

And it can't do that without development? I can easily do that, if you want to archive this for a couple days. I'll do it tomorrow! :D

Myra Hadrix said:
1) Design 2) Manufacturing
What products does your company design and manufacture? For example, Starship building is perhaps one of the most expensive industries to get into because of the cost to build a single starship of practically any size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom