Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Imperial Remnant] PIE/ADIN Advanced Interceptor

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
2FAoDWN.png
THE PIE/ADIN "Advanced Interceptor"

tieadvviews2_by_calamitysi-d8qqexm.jpg

Basic Info

Production Info
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Quadranium, Transparasteel
  • Classification: Interceptor
  • Length: 10 meters
  • Height: 12 meters
  • Width: 2.8 meters

Combat Info

Armament:

Squadron Count: 14

Special Features:

Maneuverability Rating: 0

Speed Rating: 0

Hyperdrive Class: No Hyperdrive

Strengths:
  • Extreme Speed
  • Extreme Maneuverability
  • Powerful Main Cannons
Weaknesses:
  • No Deflector or Ray Shielding
  • Large power consumption
  • Fragile hull

Description:

The PIE/ADIN is a highly maneuverable space craft that sacrifices shielding and hull integrity for the sake of additional fire power. Unfortunately, the power consumption of the duel Ionization Cannons is so massive that it cannot support additional energy weapons. Luckily, the power behind these cannons is so intense that a simultaneous attack by both cannons can sheer through enemy craft like a hot knife through butter. This means that the craft is able to make up for its lack of strong shielding by quickly closing in on enemies and dispatching them with a single, well-placed burst from its cannons.

However, the drawback of power wasn't solved simply by taking away shielding. In order to properly maintain fire with its ionization cannons, the ship must go through long charge times between bursts or make strategic use of its molecular shielding. Molecular shields allow a the craft to disperse energy from laser weapons and redistribute the energy to its main guns to make instant use of its weapons after firing. That, however, requires that the ship take direct fire from an enemy craft. It is also important to note that each time the ship fires its Ionization Cannons, it must lower its molecular shields. Due to this, the ship was built in with an ejection seat that allows pilots to escape into space; assuming they are wearing adequate protection to survive in the harsh environment.

Development Thread: N/A

Intent: To create a new interceptor line that is unique to the Imperial Remnant and give it a classic Imperial feel with a much needed upgrade.

Who Can Use This: Imperial Pilots & small groups of NPCs being led by a Player Character

Primary Source:

[member="Corvinus Palpatine"]

RESEARCH REVIEW
Star Wars Canon:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Molecular_shielding
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Solar_ionization_cannon
Starwars Chaos:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/56709-omnitech-system/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/57758-raider-iii-class-corvette/

Alright a few quick things. From what I have found, Solar Ionization Cannons count as double, so this thing is very heavily armed for an Interceptor. While it doesn't have Ray Shields it has Molecular shields, which are even better and fulfill the same role. There is no Maneuverability 0, and while there is a speed 0 nothing to my knowledge has been approved that has that as a base speed.

Its a good sub, but not having shielding isn't a weakness seeing as it has better than average shields.

SUGGESTIONS
As is this needs serious development. Molecular Shields and Solar Ionization cannons together on an interceptor is going to require a massive thread.
I would suggest Maneuverability 2, Speed 1, and either the molecular shields or SIC's. (If you go with the shields it needs a different weakness than lacking shields as that is untrue). Also the squadron count needs to be lower if you take this route (12 at most)

Other Space Kaiden

[member="Draco Vereen"]

With all of this in consideration, I have decided to do a dev thread for this ship; so I'll go ahead and get that started and you can do with this submission what you have to until then.

[member="Corvinus Palpatine"]
Long, I don't have a good suggestion for length (In fact I would plan on multiple threads) if you want it all (Minus speed and maneuverability 0 which are just impossible). The fastest ship was .2 Speed and Maneuverability and had 75ish posts of dev for reference.

Other Space Kaiden

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Never say never :D If i'm going this far I might as well go all the way. 75 posts for a maneuverability of .2? I figure 100 would get me to the money, or at least to .1.

The guns and shields would probably be another thread, 50 - 75 I'd guess.

The PIE engines alone should bump up the speed so 35 would probably be good for the speed.

Overall i'm thinking like 235 - 250 posts total

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom