Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Imperial Mechanized Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
640px-Various_Imperial_walkers.png

Image Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Various_Imperial_walkers.png
Name: Imperial Mechanized Corp
Intent: To create solid NPC Forces for the Empire, focusing on their vehicle forces.
Affiliation: Imperial Remnant
Availability: Common
Quality: C - Trained
Type: Mechanized
Strength: Company - 300 Strong Each

Description: Perhaps what is considered the terrifying might of the Imperial Military is their vast array of devastating vehicles. Quite possibly able to be considered the strongest faction in terms of vehicle versatility and variety, the Empire is no slouch when it comes to the utilization of their weapons of war and have organized their forces to the best of their ability in the face of a galaxy quite determined to keep them down.

While unable to be wielded to their fullest in recent conflicts, they were put to use in the Sith invasion of the former stronghold world of Crina. While the Sith never landed a full invasion force to combat the Imperial Battalions deployed to combat them, a result of the Empire's foresight to fortify the space around the fortress world to delay invaders to complete evacuations before enemy touchdown, they were certainly in positions ideal for anticipating hostile forces targets.

Some such forces were the newly organized Imperial Mechanized Corp's Companies, one arrayed in the valley of the mountains intercepting the path between the then Royal Palace and Crina's Capital City. Its makeup and composition have come to be common of Imperial Vehicle Brigades following the transition to a combat force capable of battle under any situation and circumstance, and while that's certainly easy to create a combat armor to handle different environments, making a combat vehicle to handle every scenario is much more problematic.

As such every Mechanized Company in the Imperial Army is outfitted and supplied with vehicles for varying circumstances, even if it means said vehicles will not be employed in every invasion or combat zone. For instance, while the common deployment of the Mechanized Company alongside a force of Stormtrooper Regiments would consist of at least one AT-FAT flanked by a pair of AT-ATs and supporting AT-STs and AT-AWs, planets whose mountainous terrain may call for the heavy vehicles to be sidelined for more appropriate MT-ATs capable scaling mountain slopes and cliff faces with little difficulty. The same could be said of the Aquatic Terrain Armored Transport filling the role of the aforementioned task force on a water world.

The Mechanized Corp's combat Companies are even outfitted with units capable of non-lethal situations, with Riot Control All Terrain Transports armed with supressor guns to maintain disturbances without causing harm. Nonetheless, it is more common to see the typical force of Walkers backed by repulsor vehicles such as the A9 Floating Fortress or X130 Saber Tank more than anything else.

And while the Mechanized Companies are not as equipped for infantry combat as their comrades in the Stormtrooper Corp, they are more equipped to deal with threats from enemy vehicles even without the aid of their own, through the use of their more expansive demolition equipment and array of explosive mine selections. Even so it is more common to see a Stormtrooper Company alone than a Mechanized Company, who is more often than not deployed alongside their infantry comrades to bring more vehicles to a combat zone as well as increase the efficiency of forming a field HQ and maintaining their vehicles and droids from their increased number of enlisted maintenance staff in exchange for the Stormtrooper Corp's support in performing the tasks they cannot, such as securing an enemy structure once the mechanized company has cleared the path.

To mark the total equipment fielded. Each Company is home to:

Vehicles

Standard Composition
Mountain Zone Composition
Oceanic Zone Composition
Crowd Control Composition
Weapons
Equipment
Personnel
  • Lieutenant x1
  • Sergeants x4
  • Vehicle Crews/Operators x160
  • Imperial Troopers x80
  • Clerks, Janitors, Engineers, & Mechanics x55

Links: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/57403-ascendancy-over-what-remains-os-dominion-of-crina/

[member="Alva Calvarona"]

Quality: (What is the overall quality of your unit? This includes battle experience, training, equipment quality and leadership. The possible ratings from highest to lowest are: A - Elite, B - Veteran, C - Trained, D - Untrained, E - Rabble. Typical major faction military units are C - Trained. Higher quality units are usually rarer and smaller, and quality is not a guarantee of victory.)
Could you please add in the quality field (It's new) listed above. Goes right under availability.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Of course, in my defense though my sub was definitely submitted before the addition came through. So it wasn't there when I did this.

:D

*Covering Bases*

Its there now though! Sorry for the trouble.

There's no major issues with the submission itself but two details need to be fixed:

A.) The amount of vehicles per unit--180--is well over the suggested amount. The amount of vehicles normally should be no more than a 10th of the amount of the company strength, of course you get more with dev threads. Now seeing as most of those 300 are vehicle crew, I can understand this might be an awkward ratio to go by so my suggestion is to drop it to a maximum of 75 vehicles; you may reflect changes in the troop count to replace the needless crew with infantry or bring down the number all together as well.

B.) Common availability is generally reserved for less powerful units, I'd like you to bring this down to uncommon due to the amount of heavy vehicles in its arsenal.

Otherwise there's nothing else that needs edits.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

It has a dev thread if you notice so there is work behind it. Deserve something outta losing the planet.
:D

As for the vehicles. As the sub states, not all of them are in use at the same time.

MT-ATs are for mountainous warzones. Aquatic Terrain Armored Transports for Water. AT-ATs and AT-FATs wouldn't be used. Heck on the water world nothing else but the Aquatic Armored Transports would be used.

These will not all appear on a single battlefield, and some of the duplicates are spares as the description also explains, meant for a company that's suffered damages to have fresh vehicles for the next engagement if there is no time to effect repairs.

All of which significantly cuts down the actual strength of the company to half the vehicles.

So I would like to leave the vehicle number and availability as is since is meant to be a unit that has the resources to adapt to situations. Not flood the battlefield with every unit at the same time.

If that were the case then they wouldn't even have enough people to crew every vehicle anyway.

At most on a normal battlefield, a level set of fields and plains, you would see one or two of the AT-AT sized vehicles, half the saber tanks, and the same number of walkers depending on the situation.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Regardless.

I have cut down the vehicles that had more spares than others by 5 each.

As well as removed 1 type completely.

Though I added an unarmed droid mini walker in a small quantity.

Alva Calvarona said:
As for the vehicles. As the sub states, not all of them are in use at the same time.
To have this many vehicles available to a single unit--regardless whether or not they're all used at once--is still too much. There's a lot of tech available to this particular unit making it very easy for a writer to match it up against anything just by writing in what loadout they have within the diversity of their arsenal. I'm asking you to cut back on numbers, not what they have.

I'm well aware there's a dev thread, which is why I find that 75 vehicles is generous. You can have diversity or bulk, not both.

As well you can always make a separate unit to fill any role(s) you feel were lost in these edits.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

The sub now sits at 75 excluding 2 things.

The 4 Boulder Dozers have no weapon systems and are not combat vessels.

And the Aquatic Terrain Armored Transports.

I'd like to ask that the Aquatic Terrain Armored Transports be excluded from the normal count as they cannot be used anywhere but Oceanic Worlds, in which case all the other vehicles couldn't be used anyway and thus the company would be under equipped compared to normal anyway. I did reduce them all the same.

I still don't see the harm in the spare units though, since they couldn't be fielded and are more fluff to fill out the sub more realistically.

I understand and get what you mean and this is a good sub.

What I would like from you is a small list of 'force compositions'. Such as what are some normal battlefield formations of this large pool of vehicles? Like, a 'Walker Detachment' might have 4 AT-AT and 8 AT-STs.

The purpose of NPC Units is that people know what they'll be facing, not to have a pool from which they will be facing certain elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom