Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, "Chimaera"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimaera
ImpStarDestroyer-TSS.jpg
Intent: To provide Darth Arcis with a unique flagship that will be known across the galaxy and revive the history of Grand Admiral Thrawn. It will also be used in the commanding of fleets and the undertaking of independent and also stealth operations across the galaxy.
Development Thread: A Remnant of the Remnant
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards (Repairs done by Subach-Innes)
Model: Imperial II-class
Affiliation: [member="Cedric Grayson"], The Silver Jedi Order
Modularity: Modular
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, Plasteel, Plexisteel
Description:

The Chimaera is the real deal. This is Grand Admiral Thrawn's very own vessel that he used during his reign as the greatest fleeter across the galaxy. The Chimaera was discovered by Darth Arcis and Circe Savan during a salvaging trip to Exodo II in search for the vessel itself. It was found surprisingly mostly intact, but much of the internal hardware and cargo bays ancient or picked clean by scavengers. The two hauled it back to Serpena where it underwent extensive repairs to its hull and structuring, the electronics and all hardware being replaced to suit modern combat standards.

Along with these improvements, the Chimaera gained increased weapons capabilities. Rather than previous vessels of its classification, the Chimaera boasted a hearty attachment of point-defense weaponry for use against hostile attack craft and warheads. Aside from the upgraded weaponry and improved shields, the age-old cloaking device that was installed on the starship. Though it was out of date, the Subach-Innes engineers managed to repair it and replace the stygium, giving it light upgrades to extend cloaking duration and the intensity of the effect. When the cloaking is in effect, the Chimaera cannot fire any of its guns until the device has been deactivated.

Aside from these modifications, it's basically a standard ship of the line. It has a sleek, black hull to give it a unique appearance as well as assist in the cloaking, allowing it to blend in better with the vastness of space. As this happened during Darth Arcis's reign as the Emperor, he selected the best crewmen, officers, and Stormtroopers to serve aboard this vessel. The 501st legion makes up the entire passenger portion and Arcis ensured that all crew aboard his vessel were the best at what they did and that he had their utmost loyalty.

Coming back for another ride throughout the galaxy: the Chimaera.

Classification: Command Ship
Role: Flagship
Height: 600m
Width: 800m
Length: 1,700m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating:

• Class 1

• Class 10 Backup
Minimum Crew: 5,000
Optimal Crew:

• Enlisted (27,850)

• Officers (9,235)

• Gunners (275)
Armaments:

• Octuple Barbette Turbolasers (8)

• Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (50)

• Turbolaser Batteries (50)

• Point Defense Laser Cannon Batteries (50)

• Heavy Ion Cannons (30)

• Tractor Beam Projectors (10)
Hangar:

Non-Combative Attachments:

• Advanced Sensor Array

• Advanced Targeting Systems

• Standard Communications Array

• Standard Navigational Systems

• Standard Life Support Systems

• Advanced Shield Generator System

• Standard Detention Cells

• Encryption Network

• Escape Pods

• Cloaking Device
Passenger Capacity: 9,700 Infantry
Cargo Capacity: 36,000 Metric Tons
Consumables: 6 Years
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 8
Modification:
Affiliation changed from Vieire Arenais to Cedric Grayson
Original Section(s):

Affiliation: Veiere Arenais, The Silver Jedi Order

New Section(s):
Affiliation: [member="Cedric Grayson"], The Silver Jedi Order

This ship is far too heavily armed and complemented for a Star Destroyer. Even as a unique flagship, there are simply too many guns and far too many dropships and landers for a ship its size. Adding to this the stealth, I can't possibly accept it as it is. If you bump it up to the next length category, that would be a start. The dev thread, by the way, is the only reason I haven't outright denied this. I'm extremely hesitant to let a cloaked capital ship through at all.
@[member="Darth Arcis"]

Alright. With the edits, this is now a Command Ship-sized ship that's missing its entire warhead payload and half of its defensive batteries to house a slightly higher than average gunship/dropship loadout and stealth abilities. It punches as hard as a 1500m ship despite being counted in the 2km bracket, and makes up for this power deficiency by being able to cloak.

I'm still very cautious about letting stealth through, even with these power restrictions, but there is a dev thread and every requested edit was made without complaint. Approved in good faith. I pray this isn't abused and I get called on my crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom