Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

im back but things have happened while ive been gone

well for one, im a knight which is awesome, but its not what im here to talk about. When I got home my 10 year old dog was laying on the ground and he got up to see me. this is pretty normal, he usually jumps up the happiest dog ever when I get home but this time was different. when he got up he was limping and panting like he was in pain. He seemed like he was really confused and he walked up to me and collapsed at my feet. still breathing heavy he wouldn't move so I picked him up and brought him over to the bed and layed him there. it doesn't look like heart failure because hes not coughing and his belly looks normal. so I brought him to my room last night and he slept with me. at some points at night and in the day he will go and cower in the hallway. now he cant move but he keeps trying to crawl his way over to me. any ideas whats wrong with him? it'll devastate me if he dies

Farko Zord

F
I don't want to be harsh but he's probably about to die. If you can't afford a vet, just stay with him and keep him comfortable. Is he drinking/eating? If not, then that's a pretty good indicator that something's wrong.

Do you have a large dog? He may be having hip issues which would be extremely uncomfortable. You could always try giving him some Aleve or Benadryl(not both!) to see if it helps with the pain. Both reduce swelling although Aleve might be a better choice. I can always ask my mother for you as well once she gets home, she is a nurse and we live on a hobby farm, so her insights may be better than mine.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Dude, take the dog to the Vet and put it on a Credit Card. Then call everyone in your family or go to the bank and ask for a loan. You have more options than you think. Just get your dog the help it needs. :(

ive got a Chihuahua, and hes really old already, I told myself when I got him that if he got sick I couldn't help him, but hes getting better, hes eating now and hes trying to walk,
this is what I came home to

this is him just now

you can see that hes feeling better, I gave him half a baby asprin last night so he might just be out of pain

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
I was totally concerned for your dog, y'know, like biting my nails concerned about his safety. It was gripping, like the season final of a gritty, heart-wrenching tv series. I was genuinely on the edge of my seat.

Then you tell us it's a Chihuahua.

Just flush it down the toilet and get a new one.

im sorry I didn't know a rescue dog who has been beaten and abused at every home hes been in and found before they put him down at a pound was insignificant. you are sick. this dog was born around 2000 and has finally found a home that he can live in without his owner beating him and throwing him on the streets. and now he might die, finally happy for once in his his life. its assholes like you that do crap like this to poor animals

Menoetius

Anzat's How it's Done
Hey, hey, hey.

I'm joking.

I love animals, I have a Labrador, a Border Collie, two boa constrictors and a marine fishtank. My Border Collie was found near a local scrapyard on the brink of death and half blind. I nursed her back to health. So can your beans.

EDIT: My sense of humour is very black and I'm a bit of an nerf herder personality wise, but I do apologize for any anger I may have caused regarding your poorly hamster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom