Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ilum Crystal Hunt (Reggie Faayre, Lasky Rynn)

This wasn't the first time going to Ilum, but it was with two Hopefuls. [member='Reggie Faayre'] and [member='Lasky Rynn'] Were wanting to go to the cold planet to gain their first lightsaber crystals. Dopi didn't exactly introduce himself outside of his name, title, and how he was going to act with them, which as long as they kept themselves under control, He would be nonchalant with them.

The Shuttle that they were in was rather roomy, as Dopi was the only one standing at this point in time, as the other two were behind him, and he didn't know where they were, if directly behind him at all.

Reggie was excited to get his lightsaber crystal. He had done his research on lightsaber's and found that they were a important tool for any Jedi. He wondered what color his crystal would be, and how things would go while they were searching for their crystals. Going to a planet such as Ilum was a treat in itself since it meant exploring the galaxy, which meant gaining experience, which is something Reggie needed. His curiosity awakening yet again, Reggie decided to ask [member="Mr. Bones"] a question.

"Master, If I may ask, where did you get your lightsaber crystal? Was it also on Ilum or did you obtain your from a different planet?"

Reggie was standing behind the Jedi Master, on the right side of him. He wore a heavy coat, pants, and had a fur hat. He gathered what he thought would protect him from the cold.

Ilum was an.... interesting planet to say the least. He slept most of the way there instead of anxiously waiting in the cabin. He contained it well and kept a quiet body language, but he was very excited to get his saber crystals, eventually train in lightsaber forms, and eventually make his very own lightsaber. This was a big deal for the Jedi, he could tell. Maybe it was for the Sith, but he never encountered one to know whether or not it was a big deal to them, since he heard they use some sort of synthetic saber crystal.

He trailed behind the two and listened in to their conversation as he observed the caves around them. To break the odd silence, [member="Reggie Faayare"] asked a quick question:

"Master, If I may ask, where did you get your lightsaber crystal? Was it also on Ilum or did you obtain your from a different planet?"

A very good question indeed. He kept a steady pace behind them as he listened for an answer from the Master, [member="Mr. Bones"]

"As a Matter of Fact, Young one...I did get my crystal from Ilum. I of course came with a good friend of mine...A woman who I hold dear."

He didn't turn back to the two, answering the question of [member="Reggie Faayare"] while [member="Lasky Rynn"] listened a bit further back in the ship. The last time he came here, he recieved a White Lightsaber crystal with a woman he held close to his heart. But this wasn't about her, but about the two hopefuls that were with him. This was their special trial through the caves to find the crystal that calls out to them. They were already in the system by the time he answered Hopeful Faayare's question, the shuttle soon making its way down to the planet.

Reggie was going to ask more questions, such as what was it like for him when he received his lightsaber, but he decided to save it for another time. The shuttle they were in started to close in on the planet, excitement coursing through Reggie as they got closer to the and closer.

"Almost there! are you excited [member="Lasky Rynn"]?"

Reggie turned around, checking to see if his companion was as excited as he was.

Lasky was looking around at the environment, vantage points, and all sorts of natural landmarks that he could keep track of if he got lost while looking for the crystal h wanted. He probably wouldn't get lost, but he kept track of these things just in case. While he was looking around, watching the other two's backs, he wondered with what material he'd make his lightsaber out of, since every one is so unique. He was disturbed from the deep thought with the question from his new acquaintance, Reggie.

"Are you excited Lasky?"

He took a few seconds and then responded with:

"Pfft, of course I'm excited! I've been waiting a while to go on this trip man!" And kept walking behind the two.

[member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Mr. Bones"]

Dopi had to lead the two to the entrance of the caverns, which he was curious unto why their ship didn't land closer to them than the last time he was here. He guided the two Hopefuls, [member="Lasky Rynn"] and [member="Reggie Faayare"] down to the place where hundreds of millions of Jedi had gone before them. He stopped at the entrance to the caverns once they arrived and began to talk.

"Now, before you enter, you must realize this. You WILL be tested while you are inside. This place is strong with the Force, and it will test you with visions, challenges, and trials you must overcome if you are to get your crystal. I will not help you inside, as the trials are of your own achievement to gain. Now, are there any questions before I let you to go inside? If not, then you are allowed to proceed inside the caverns to find your crystals."

The cave seemed odd to him, more odd than anything he's seen since he left Tatooine. Reggie felt as though he was meant to be here, like something was calling him....but that couldn't be right. His excitement increased even more. As he spoke, he began walking to the cave.

"No questions from me, i'm ready for whatever comes at me!"

[member="Lasky Rynn"]

The ice wall of the cave was way at the top, and hadn’t started closing it. Lasky took advantage of this time and started walking through the cave entrance, a few seconds before [member="Reggie Faayare"]. He called back to the Master with the response to his any questions question:

“Nope! No questions, Master!”

Lasky had read up on Ilum and was prepared for the challenges ahead. The only thing he was worried about was why his personal challenges would be like, Because every person’s challenge was said to be different than the other. And so he proceeded into the cave, with no idea what he’d gotten himself into.

[member="Mr. Bones"]

"Very well, gentlemen. You may proceed. I will hold the basic parts you need up here, but if you wish, we can go back to Kashyyyk to have more time to build them."

Dopi yelled out to the two Hopefuls, [member="Lasky Rynn"] and [member="Reggie Faayare"] as they went inside of the caverns. He still remembered the last time he came here, and the long trial he went through here. It tugged at his emotions and feelings for a certain woman that he came here with. He and her went through the same trial, and the end of what happened from the end of that trial was something he found difficult to recall. He decided to stay here, and meditate, keeping his Lightpike nearby him in hand.

(At this point, Until you two gain your crystals and come back out, I won't post. This way, it is focused on you two. I'll be watching the thread still though so then I can keep an eye on my next cue.)

As Reggie walked through the cave, he couldn't help but admire how it looked. He was also curious as to what trails he would face, and how he would triumph over them. Whatever challenges came at him wouldn't stop him from his goal, and his overconfidence made sure fear wouldn't enter in his heart.....or so he thought.

Reggie still couldn't shake off the feeling that something was calling him, that he was being guided by some invisible hand. Could this be "the force" that he's heard about so much? After awhile, Reggie saw a gleam of light as he proceeded into a small room in the cave, and realized that it was a crystal. As he went to obtain the crystal, someone ran passed him and fell on the ground, fear on the person's face. That person was Jason, the man who made Reggie lose his eye.

"Jason?!"

Someone, or something, had touched his shoulder. As Reggie looked behind him, he saw a cloaked, shadow figure that seemed to emit darkness from the seemingly endless abyss under the cloak. In a whisper, the figure spoke to him.

"Destroy your friend, and everything you've been searching for, all the knowledge you need to help the galaxy is yours. You'll be able to help the people crying out for help if you just destroy the person who wronged you."

The shadow handed him a dagger, the same dagger the was used to cut Reggie's eye. All the knowledge that he needs and all Reggie needed to do was cut down his former friend? The offer was too good to pass up, why wouldn't he do it? As he reached for the dagger, he realized that he would be going against what he believed in. How can he help others if the allure of knowledge would override his desire to help?

"No. I won't do it."

As he said this, the figure pushed him back and threw the dagger at Jason,guiding it with what Reggie believed to be the force.

"No!"

Reggie reached out his right hand as if trying to grab the dagger, and to his surprise, it stopped. He could feel his hold over the weapon and was amazed at what he was doing....he was using the force. However, the shadow was much stronger in the force than Reggie was, and Reggie had just awakened his abilities, which made it hard for him to keep control of the dagger. The dagger flew towards Jason again. So Reggie did the only thing he could think of. He reached out his hand again, using all his will and energy to change the direction of the dagger towards him. Now the dagger was coming towards Reggie, and there wasn't enough time to move or try moving the weapon more.

He thought it was going to be the end of him, but then everything changed. The shadow was gone, Jason was gone, and the dagger that was coming towards him? Something hit his open palm before everything had disappeared. He thought it was the dagger but he didn't feel pain, and he was able to close his hand over it. When he opened his hand to look at what it was, he saw a green crystal. Usually, Reggie would be excited about how he got his lightsaber crystal, but he was still horrified at what he was going to do to Jason, whether it was just a vision or not. Reggie was fully prepared to take a life for knowledge, and that disturbed him. He realized that he needed to re-evaluate what was truly important to him. For now though, he started walking out of the cave, his new crystal in hand.

[member="Lasky Rynn"]

Making it out of the cave, Reggie made sure he got his senses together before he spoke. The trial that he had still flashed before his eyes, and the regret he felt was still intact. He may not have went through with killing the vision, but he was close to doing so.

"I'm back master! I was able to get my lightsaber crystal."

He opened his eyes from his meditative state as [member="Reggie Faayare"] came out of the caverns, exclaiming he had his lightsaber crystal.

"So soon? Remarkable...You must of been like I was when I went in. No trial inside of it, but the trial moved outside of the caverns."

He got down from his spot on his staff, going up to the Hopeful, rather intrigued that he completed his trial through the caverns so quickly. He was actually thinking that the Hopeful just simply found a crystal with no true trial yet, as that was what happened with him when Dopi came to Ilum to get his lightsaber crystal.

[member="Lasky Rynn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom