Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ignerok

Image Source: (Please link to where you found the image, or to the original artist if possible. TinEye or Google Image Search can help.)
704899_487147781307673_564542125_o.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-R4pQpJMjojs/UnfB5DfLZ0I/AAAAAAAAAD4/TUjS3O0JF4g/s1600/704899_487147781307673_564542125_o.jpg

[SIZE=9pt]It is this approximate color[/SIZE]

Intent: A mineral found on the planet lateria. To be used for the weapons employed by the Planets inhabitants.
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: N/A
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Planets within the Lateria system, the Order
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: It is a material
Description: Ignerok is an orange-red metal found on the planet Lateria and its neighboring planets. Although it is very stable, if a high enough heat is reached a chain reaction starts in the metal turning it into a ball of plasma that behaves much like a blaster except that it usually blossoms or “mushrooms” out immediately, often to devastating effect. It is a hard metal, similar to durasteel in toughness, with no known liquid or gaseous forms (as upon reaching any reasonable melting point it skips straight into a plasma state.) It's primary, and only common use, is as the primary component of the ammunition in Blazer technology. It is encased in a ballistic metal shell with kinetic gel which upon impact with a surface creates an instantaneous exothermic reaction hot enough to cause the Ignerok to go plasma. The metal, due to its unique properties, cannot be molded but is fortunately formed as a pure mineral naturally. This, in addition to its potential to become plasma, prevents it from being used in armor, or the creation of vehicles. Despite this, some people have taken to using nuggets of the substance decoratively. It is highly abundant underneath the planets surface and is often found in the same areas as Blazrok.
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

[member="MarikWinters"]
I'm not entirely certain on this. What is "at high enough heat"? Will a single turbolaser do? Is regular fire enough? How damaging can its effects be? I'd like to see the description fleshed out a bit more, as I don't want this to be used to create the next Tibanna fuel for blasters, not without significant notations on what it is capable of and what it is not.

Redact this. I need to redact my planet submission also. One of the primary elements was already denied and without that the rest of the submissions are literally pointless. Thanks for looking at this, sorry I wasted your time.

But for the sake of explaining it, the heat required is approximately the same as the melting point of steel. There was going to be another submission post for kinetic gel which was the agent used to start the reaction. It is less powerful in terms of actual energy when fired and shorter ranged than a blaster due to it's ballistic nature, but has more effect on biological targets due to the fact that it blossoms out. It's good at getting through personal shields that aren't meant to stop slug throwers, but is lacking in performance against heavy armor. It would all in all be more effective in close range infantry fighting and less effective in other use cases (it would serve to fit the specialization of the inhabitants of it's planet of origin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom