Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IFW Striker-class Tank Destroyer

antitank-tank.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: To Create an Armor Sniping unit
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: IFW
Model: IFW Striker-class Tank Destroyer
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: None
Production: Minor
Material:
* AR-0B
* Osmium
* Dallorian
* Hadrium
* Heavy Energy Torpedo Projector
* Laser Targeting Scope

Role: Anti-Armor Sniping
Height: 5 meters
Length: 20 meters
Width: 9 meters
Weight: 100 tons
Minimum Crew: 2
Optimal Crew: 4
Propulsion: Tracked
Top Speed: 45 Kph

Armaments:
* 1 Heavy Energy Torpedo Projector

Squadron Count: 4
Passenger Capacity: none
Cargo Capacity: 200 Kg
Misc. Equipment:
* Laser Targeting

Strengths:
Extremely Long Range - The Heavy Energy Torpedo has a very long range due to the velocity of the weapons projectile.
Heavy Armament - The Heavy Energy Torpedo is five times as powerful as standard energy torpedos

Weaknesses:
No Defensive Armament - designed as a sniper which fires from safe positions well behind the front lines the Tank has no defensive armament.
Limited Forward Fire Arc - the Launcher can only adjust in a twenty-degree forward fire arc.
Light Rear Armor Plating - The rear of the tank has much lighter armor.
Line of Sight - The tank is a direct fire vehicle and requires a direct and unobstructed line of sight to the target.

Description: The IFW Striker-class is a heavy Tank Destroyer type vehicle which operates from long ranges to snipe enemy armor and heavy units. The vehicle mounts a powerful heavy energy torpedo projector which is fed by two small reactors located within the vehicle cased in heavy reinforced plating to reduce radiation and protect the reactors in case of the vehicle being hit. The weapon systems has an extremely long range but is limited in over all effective range due to the range of the laser targeting system and by the curvature of the world the vehicle is on.

The front and Sides of the vehicle are protected by a thick layer of AR-0B coated Osmium/Dallorian/Hadrium alloy ablative armor plating giving it very good protection from both energy and kinetic weapons. Super dense osmium is mixed with ten parts dallorian and ten parts hadrium to counter the dense metals brittle nature.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Joran Greth"]

So a heavy energy torp projector...if this was a ship, you could trade that for ten turbolasers, or twenty quad lasers, or a hypervelocity gun, or a missile launcher that fires warheads bigger than this tank. On a twenty metre vehicle, that's impossible. Please drop this to a canon light energy torp projector, or some kind of specially defined energy torp projector with a firepower equivalent to a heavy tank's laser cannon/turbolaser/whatever.

[member="Jorus Merrill"] On this on I have to disagree, It is as big as an AT AT without the hlegs and compared to other submissions it does not exceed any limits to gun count. this would be 20 weapons. it has weaknesses to balance anything out on it as far as weapon range and power. There are other vehicles that have capital grade warhead launchers on it. some have mutiple. I do not see the issue in haveing one capital grade warhead launcher on a vehicle. it has been done before without issue why is this being treated differently?

here is a vehicle at 5 meters that has a gun count of 16 which also has weapons that are listed as being for ship use.
here is a 3 meter vehicle with a gun count of 16
here is a 6.5 meter vehicle with a 6 meter weapon that is worth 40 guns.
here is a 8 meter vehicle with two weapons which amount to heavy turbolasers and 6 more so that would be at least a gun count of 14 on the lower end of reasoning.
here is a vehicle that is smaller and much faster with no weaknesses and an energy torpedo launcher plus other weapons.
why is my 20 meter vehicle with a gun count of 20 and a lot of weaknesses any more over powered than these?

[member="Joran Greth"]

Took a look at all your precedents, and I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

The Basilisk's weapons are proportional in size, 'starship' is a wide category, and being able to damage a starship's hull doesn't mean it's for starship use, let alone capital use. None of its weapons are anywhere near capital ship status, let alone extreme emplacement status.

The Gnat is a tiny vehicle with mostly tiny weapons; additionally, I think you've misread the modular choices list as an 'all of these' list. Nothing in there is capital-ship-grade.

Neither the Hotshuh nor the Longbow sub give that 40-gun figure, so I'm not sure where you're getting that, though I believe an upscaled version was used for one of Ayden's ships at some point.* Additionally, the Longbow is specifically subbed as a short-range tank weapon, within the scale of tank weapons, not as a starship weapon. The Hotshuh is an in-depth submission at limited production; this is a stub at mass production. And I seriously doubt you'd get the Hotshuh's author claiming his tank could shoot like 40 turbolasers unless you liquored him up a little first. The same goes for the minor-production Annihilator's author. In fact, I just checked with both of them after reviewing their subs, and their response was an emphatic and profane denial. These tanks just aren't outfitted with full-scale capital ship extreme emplacements, or anything like unto it, and so far as I'm aware they've never been used as such. They're tanks armed with tank weapons. Thus, they don't justify a full-scale capital ship extreme emplacement for this submission.

In short, I'm just not seeing what you're seeing, so you'll need to edit your main emplacement to be an energy torpedo projector derivative scaled for tank use, without reference to capital ship gun count. You're more than welcome to make your tank comparable to their tanks (with appropriate modifiers for production level). Best offer you're gonna get. This sub is quite short, so detail's gonna be your friend on this.

EDIT: I think what might have happened is you mixed up the Longbow and the P2-CA1. Similar concepts, same writer, but the Longbow is a tank weapon and the P2 is a capital weapon worth 40 turbolasers.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I will break down the gun counts of each of the submissions I listed.
Basilisk War Droid
* Shockwave Generator Rods (8) @ 1
* Pulse-Wave Cannons (2) @ 1
* Modular Weapon Mounts (2) @ 1
* Missile Launchers (2) @ 2
* total 16

Gnat Runner
E-Web Cannon @ 1
2x Magnetic Caltrops Launchers @ 2
2x Omnibreaker @ 1
2x Micro Grenade Launcher @ 1
2x Micro Missile Launcher @ 1
Modular Weapons
Dar'yaim Cannon @ 2
Mine Layer @ 2
Tangler Grenade launcher @ 1
total 16

Tenloss RAB Weapon
1x Longbow particle accelerator cannon @ 40 per the comparison to this weapon
2x RAB (1x coaxial, 1x pintle mounted) @2
1x Arbalest missile system (mounted coaxial) @2
total 46

ACS-501 Annihilator Tank Destroyer
Dual Proton Cannon (Turret) @ at least 4 but most likly closer to 20 since this is that wiki says on their power "The shells used were powerful enough to breach the shields an Acclamator-class assault ship or completely destroy a LAAT/i Gunship with a single hit."
Fusion Rocket Launcher (Turret; 8 Rockets) @ 2
Gun Shielded ACS-203 Hellfire Autocannon (1; Skate Mounted on Loader’s Turret Hatch) @ 2
Gun Shielded Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon (1; Skate Mounted on Commander’s Turret Hatch) @ 1
total 13 to 45 depending on how you guage the weapon system

Stingray Repulsor Vehicle

One Swivel mounted triple blaster cannon @3
One forward facing energy torpedo launcher at least 2 but has no light designation. has no weaknesses has more than double the speed

Jorus Merrill said:
EDIT: I think what might have happened is you mixed up the Longbow and the P2-CA1. Similar concepts, same writer, but the Longbow is a tank weapon and the P2 is a capital weapon worth 40 turbolasers.
the submission directly equates it to the other. it does not say it is a less powerful variant.

and none of these listed have any real weaknesses

[member="Joran Greth"]

Yeah, I disagree with a whole lot of assumptions in that math. This is still a 20m tank that hits like a launcher that fires 20m projectiles. None of the vehicles you listed make capital ship extreme emplacement gun claims. Sorry, but I've asked you for the same edit twice now, and I'm not seeing where you're coming from. This submission is denied.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS