Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship IFW Gladiator-class Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
GladiatorClassStarDestroyer-SWArmada.png

Image Source: Link
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: IFW
Model: Gladiator-class Light Carrier
Modularity: Variable Warhead Magazine
Production: Minor
Material:
* Alusteel Frame and Hull bracing,
* Turadium Blast doors and Bulkheads
* Glasteel Viewports
* Agrinium Heat Barrier Plating
* AR-0B Ablative Armor Plating

Classification: Frigate Carrier

Length: 500 meters
Width: 200 meters
Height: 90 meters

Armament Rating: 4 (68 of 70)
* 6 Dual Turbolaser Cannon Turrets
* 2 Quad Missile Turrets
* 10 Hexlaser Turrets
* 4 CIWS Turrets

Defense Rating: 12
* Defelctor Shield Generator

* Agrinium Heat Barrier Plating
* AR-0B Ablative Armor Plating

* Socket Guards
* Energy Caps
* De-ionizers
* Warhead Countermeasures

Hangar:
* 3 squadrons

Special Features:

* Tractor Beam Projectors
* Comm Laser Array
* Advanced Communications Scanner Array

Maneuverability Rating: 12
Speed Rating: 11
Hyperdrive: Class 1.0

Strengths:
* Increased Defensive Rating

Weaknesses:
* Decreased Sublight Maneuverability
* Light Capital Weapons

Description: The Gladiator-class are designed from the blueprints of the same ship of its class which were built during the height of the New Order over eight hundred years ago. Strengthened frame and armor make the vessel much more survivable in direct combat. This gives it a much better chance of surviving battles with direct fire from enemy ships. Utilizing Socket Guards installed on all networks the Vessel was extremely difficult to hack except from internal network access panels. For security and light assault operations, the vessel carried four heavy walkers and ten light walkers and a full battalion of troops.

The Gladiator-class are designed to carry its complement of attack craft into range and assist by launching warheads in support of attack craft assaults.

The vessel also mounts six dual Turbolaser Turrets on its dorsal hull for engaging Vessels in support of flight operations and defense. Ten Hex laser cannons and four Close Intercept weapon systems provide the vessel with anti-fighter and anti-warhead defense duties to defend itself during operations.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: To Build a Light Carrier/Cruiser for Imperium Forge Works customers
Who Can Use This: Anyone
Primary Source:
* Gladiator Mk X-class Carrier/Cruiser
* Gladiator-class Star Destroyer wiki
* Demolisher (Gladiator-class) wiki

Modifications made to original submission
Changed Name
Changed Manufacturer
Added Armament rating to compensate for ship weapons and modern standards
Added Defensive rating to compensate for ship defensive systems and modern standards
Cleaned up special features section and removed standard starship components

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Joran Greth said:
Armament Rating: 3 * 6 Dual Turbolaser Cannon Turrets (12) * 10 Dual Light Repeating Turbolaser Cannons (20) * 6 Assault Grade General-purpose Warhead Launcher (6) * 10 AG-2G Quad Laser Cannons (10)
This appears to be the original armament listing, so I can understand grandfathering this in, but I do not think that this would have an armament rating lower than the template carrier frigate baseline based on actual weapons count. While I realize that we're not being super specific about gun counts, based on the exchange chart, 6 Assault grade concussion missile launchers is 120 guns, which by themselves are way over the normal 70 guns allocated for a carrier frigate with an armament rating of 4.

I see two basic options here:

1) Downgrade original weapons to roughly match the current armament rating scheme (this could be down by simply removing the "assault" prefix to the warhead launchers).
2) Keep original weapon and squadron count. With this option, I'd probably expect the armament rating to be higher than normal for a carrier frigate.

I can understand wanting to bring old ships into line with new standards, but I'm hesitant to approve a mix and match where people get to keep the best of both worlds based solely on having being a member longer than someone else.

Joran Greth said:
Who Can Use This: Aurora Industries Customers
I think this maybe should be updated to "IFW customers" based on the updated manufacturer.

[member="Joran Greth"], looks pretty good.

The missile loadout in the description looks like it matches the old version though (including references to assault concussion missiles), rather than the loadouts listed in the Anvil Missile Battery submission.

[member="Gir Quee"] the wiki just said medium concussion missile batteries when I looked this morning. but you know how wiki is. I think I will leave it like it is and use the IFW weaponry since it does not effect anything other than a light grade of warhead. This is meant to fall into the new frigate carrier example and does better with the lighter warheads

I don't follow. I'm cool with the use of IFW weaponry. But there's a part of the submission description that doesn't seem to match the use of the Anvil missile battery. This is where I see the discrepancy:

Joran Greth said:
The vessel had six large Assault warhead launcher tubes on the forward hull. These tubes were feed from two warhead magazines, one for the port three and one for the starboard three tubes. These tubes can choose from variable warhead types from the two magazines which are encased in thick shock absorbing plating.. The magazine carries a variety of warheads including Assault Concussion Missiles, Heavy Disruptor Torpedos, Heavy Plasma Torpedoes, Heavy Carbonite Cluster Missiles, Advanced Homing Cluster Missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom