Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech IFW-1100A Terminator Velocity Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
Image Source: Here
Intent: Create an advanced mass acceleration weapon for IFW starships
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Imperium Forge Works
Model: IFW-1100A Terminator Velocity Cannon
Affiliation: IFW built Starships
Modularity: None
Production: Minor
Material:
* Quadranium Steel
* Osmium

Classification: Mass Velocity Cannon (Heavy HVC equivalent)
Size: Ship-Mounted (20 turbolaser cannons for equivalency exchange)
Length: 30 meters
Weight: 50 metric tons
Ammunition Type: Terminator Osmium Reactive Round
Ammunition Capacity: Dependent on vessel classification
Corvette - 25 warheads
Frigate - 50 warheads
Cruisers - 100 warheads
Destroyers - 250 warheads
Battlecruisers - 500 warheads
Effective Range: Standard Hypervelocity cannon range
Rate of Fire: Standard Hypervelocity Cannon rate of fire
Special Features:
* high-velocity round
* very dense penetrating core
* reactive anti-matter warhead

Strengths:
* Piercing - due to its very dense osmium core the warhead is very effective against armor of all kinds.
* Velocity - a nearly six kilometers per second and weighting nearly two tons the momentum of the Terminator Projectile warhead delivers massive kinetic energy upon impact.
* Reactive - the warhead contains a anti-matter charge which explodes on a slightly delayed trigger upon impact

Weaknesses:
* Size - Due to the powerful large warhead size the system counts as 20 turbolasers for weapon exchange purposes.
* Ammo Dependent - The large projectiles require space for storage, therefore the magazine is limited
* Limited availability - this weapon systems is classified as top secret and only avalible to the IMperium Forge Works for their vessels.

Description: The Terminator Velocity cannon is a long range advanced mass accelerator weapon used by the Imperium Forge Works as a main offensive weapon on its vessels.

The weapon systems fires a massive five hundred and twenty millimeter warhead which is built around a very dense Osmium core. This core extends out of the warhead for two meters and gives the projectile improved piercing and penetration. Upon impact, the osmium core delivers a massive amount of concentrated kinetic energy into the small profile making it a very powerful against both shielding and armor. A secondary function of the osmium core is to trigger a delayed anti-matter based charge with further adds to the weapons formidable destructive power.

The weapon itself can be mounted on turrets from axial mounted corvette and frigate heavy weapons to single dual triple and quad turrets for cruisers and larger. The massive warheads are stored in an internal magazine and are fed by automatic loading systems. This system is large overall and because of this the system requires additional power and area.

Primary Source:

* Osmium Wookieepedia
* Osmium wiki

* Hypervelocity Cannon Wiki

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Lash"]

Couple of things:

Lash said:
reactive anti-matter warhead

Lash said:
Reactive - the warhead contains a plasma charge which explodes on a slightly delayed trigger upon impact

Lash said:
a delayed anti-matter based charge

Does this have antimatter or plasma?

Also, you've got three solid strengths and one milquetoast weakness. Give this thing two solid weaknesses/limitations, please. For example, I'm not buying infinite two-ton antimatter-based ammo, especially since you can cram something like this onto a relatively small ship. Give this thing an ammo count.

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
Jorus Merrill said:
I'm not buying infinite two-ton antimatter-based ammo, especially since you can cram something like this onto a relatively small ship. Give this thing an ammo count.
this was why i made it count as 2 more turbolasers for ammo storage but i will limit the ammo

Lash

Stela'shlit'nuruodo
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I made it overall larger and equal to a heavy hypervelocity cannon. it seemed more in line with the system. I added ammo count for classifications with limited ammo. added some weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom