Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private If The Force Wills It. [Naboo]

Myla Rentallia was a Padawan of the Silver Jedi Concord, a young and respectable fledgling Jedi who had come to Naboo at recommendation of her counselor in order to discover herself, her people, her culture, and to find clarity in herself. Frankly, she was disappointed at first. She felt little spiritual connection or much ties with the other Amarans on Naboo despite having their own pockets and colonies here, settling for agrarian, animal taming purposes, or if not that then tasked with storage and other such tasks. However, what did make Myla more than pleased to be here was the droid armies of the CIS. As a child who spent some of her earliest days in a mechanic workshop on Corellia, there was no more familiar or homely place than a workshop. The smell of oil, heated metal, and the feel of steel in her paws was like home. She loved to see them, their march, and the small Amaran lingered around them.

As a young force user from the Silver Jedi Concord however, she found herself with a new prospect and possibility, namely getting to interact with those of the Knights of Obsidian so she had heard of, force users of another belief, of another creed, of another background, of another ideology. So, humbly, the young initiate heads to one of the outposts she found herself welcome in, and assuming one of the Knights would greet her in full, they'd find a small orange and cream colored fox, dressed in those stereotypical robes that made the Jedi look like scholars, emissaries in their own right, like sages. Bowing her head with a flourish of her arm, she speaks then.

"Greetings. My name is Padawan Myla, and I thank you for allowing me stay here for my time of discovery, and exploration." Her ears perk as she gives a foxy grin, and she shows her good manners. "I've been curious on the lives that others live, and it's always humbling to learn where I can." She was short, standing only a bit taller than four foot. Her green eyes were dull, almost like a dying emerald or jade. Definitely not the idea someone might have of a Jedi, certainly not compared to a Knight, or some form of great mystical warrior that wielded The Force. She was eager for a meeting, and perhaps to make friends whilst finding herself spiritually.

Kurenai had been, to put it bluntly quite neglectful of her duties for a while now, though in her mind having a somewhat reasonable excuse. Her homeworld of Atrisia where she still held a bit of political power having been handed over to The Galactic Alliance along with family matters had drawn her attention for quite some time. Add a personal holiday to stay home and her mother's new marriage and that all chalked up to around a year of being away from the CIS and her position.

As such it wasn't unusual for her to return to the capital of their nation and order to reacquaint herself with things and get an idea of how the knights were coping with their current struggles surrounding recent 'events'. As Kurenai went about the outpost word soon came of an approaching Jedi, not an unusual event considering Naboo's history or their somewhat aligned interests with the SJC.

Moving to the front the marshal arrived in time to greet the Padwan as they introduced themselves at Myla, herself easily towering the small animal-like Jedi as she bowed. Kurenai donned in her usual black combat jacket and pants, if but without the protective armor and equipment, expression stoic as her clear blue gaze lingered on the women. "It's nice to meet you Padawan Myla, I am Lord Marshal Kurenai of the Obsidian Knights, though don't let the rank intimidate you I've only recently returned to my position, please come in and make yourself at home".

The women's less then expressive tone of voice contrasting slligtly with the seemingly pleasant words as Kurenai returned her own traditional bow towards the Jedi.

Mya Jesel Mya Jesel

Lord Marshall of the Knights of Obsidian. She honestly couldn't gauge or make heads or tails of what that truly meant, for Myla was no soldier. She was a talented engineer, a limited form of scholar, but she wasn't used to such an exotic title to say the least. However, seeing as the woman seemed to be her host, the young Amaran bows her head in respect, before standing to her full height. She gazes around the facility at a glance, and then looks up to The Crimson Shadow. A foxy smile on her face, as she looks to follow after her.

"The counselors teach us that rank is not necessarily about ability or performance, but often experience, wisdom, and loyalty. Master Kurenai. I hope to hone my own skills and seek to improve upon myself every day. So I do." That said, Myla steps forward and surprisingly reaches out for the stoic woman's left hand with her right, showing that the fur was soft, delicate, and pleasant to the touch. "May you give me the tour?" Perhaps it wasn't considered appropriate, but she was given a welcome and told to treat this place as if it were home, so Myla would.

She wasn't very good at reading the emotions or underlying tones or meanings of people's words, so she took things like that a bit literally. While Kurenai had a conflicting life and experience regarding her family, her background, and her positions, Myla on the other hand seemed far more relaxed in nature. After all, Myla's own life was not nearly as complicated in any way. She was a young padawan that spent her time primarily training, doing the calls of those higher than her, and then whatever luxuries she might be interested in pursuing. She did not come from a position of nobility, she never had parents that raised her, though she had a very vague father figure in her youth.

She had no higher position so to speak of. "I'm eager to see some of the droids that the CIU are famously...or perhaps infamously known for. I'm a budding mechanic and I especially love the affairs of droids. Though the counselor I spoke to said that I should be on this planet to spiritually and culturally advance myself. I'm finding that rather difficult, because I already feel...good and at peace with myself, but they seem to think that I should get to know more about my race, and the way they live. I suppose empathy is important in being a peacekeeper." If they walked together, Myla sways her arm back and forth, taking exaggerated footsteps, like a child, making big strides.

"Will there be training and snacks Master?"

One thing was certain, Kurenai could tell that the Jedi that stood in front of her was quite wise despite their age. It was somthing refreshing that she often liked about the Jedi, most Padawans were not cocky and knew they had room to grow, not all but most. "Constant improvement is certainly a worthy goal to have, also call me Master Yumi, that makes a little more sense since it's my last name though such titles are not really necessary with me".

Despite her position among the CIS over her live time she had been more a boots on the ground grunt then a some high ranking leader she is now. One of the advantages of being a vampire, you get to experience more than the average person and your memory doesn't fade as much. "I can certainly give you a small tour though things have changed a bit around here since last time, I suppose the training areas, droid storage and such would do for the time being".

She replied beckoning Myla to follow deeper into the outpost.
"I have a feeling you'd get along with one of my daughters, having an interest in skills outside one's position is never a bad idea". "I personally find it interesting that though the models have been refined they seem identical to the ones from the clone war". The age old idea of 'if it's not broke don't fix' she supposed, they worked fine then no reason to change.

"Well I can't say that I know how you can complete this task, though I did have a slightly similar experience myself when returning to my ancestral home world". "I didn't grow up on Astria so it was quite interesting delving into the customs and history, though I am assuming that is somthing you've already done yourself"? Kurenai asked, looking to the girl with a slightly quizzical glance as they neared the training rooms, one of the few areas that seemed unchanged.

"I can certainly provide training, I am competent in almost any melee weapon one can think of, along with ranged weapons as well if you wanted to badle in that... Or, if it strikes your fancy some hand to hand, though be warned I've never lost a fist fight since my youth". A slightly sly smirk coming over the stoic women at that last comment, and considering just her size along such a statement was certainly not just hot air.

Myla Rentallia Myla Rentallia

She followed after the master of course, though as they walked together, Myla seemed to be more focused on the environment, taking it in, her ears perking at the various models of droids that stood guard over the area like a bastion. The droids filled her with fascination, because for her, it was as if they in a sense were alive. Of course, they were machines, artificial, but she felt as if there was a mysticism that allowed for them to move, to function. However, as she walked, Master Yumi in hand, she silently nodded as she viewed a little bit of everywhere. "You have several daughters? You look so young, I imagine you get mistaken for their older sister." Flattery. Though, she did take notice about the matter of her having children at all.

Generally a taboo of sorts in the Jedi Order, at least, the relationships that often form as a result of children. Emotions were often deemed unnecessary, an attachment that crippled a Jedi's ability to perform acts as a peacekeeper. However, Myla was of different thoughts and impressions. "Well. Droids are often designed with the matter of efficiency for their cost. I imagine considering their overall effectiveness in the time of the Clone Wars, and the general idea that their models were "perfect", few if any modifications were needed. The only additions being changes to their models that were accessible as cost productions varied."

Myla seemed quiet as they neared a training room, and with it, she stopped, idly hugging Kurenai's arm to her stomach as she seems to think. "Frankly. I don't view my race as anything important to me, or the culture, or anything of that sort. I am just me. And I'm happy with that. I don't ask for much, and I'm happy with what comes. I suppose I lack ambition, and might seem a bit carefree. However...If Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers, then doesn't that mean they too should be able to enjoy the peace where they can?" Tilting her head cutely to the side, she steps inside. To see the open space, and areas that might hold training equipment of various sorts, targets, and a place of worn professionalism.

"I'm not very good at fighting." She proclaims humbly, but honestly. Stepping to the center of the training ground, taking note of the surrounding, she reaches for her belt to take forth her lightsaber. Igniting it, she seems to warm up, limber herself, before then standing firmly with both hands along the handle, her blade held slightly above the center of her body, and then looking out ahead. It's green light shining before her. "Please. Master. Go easy on me."

A small chuckle came from Kurnai as the apparent mention of her age, herself turning to face the young Padawan. "I am much older than I look, though I will admit she is the closest thing I have to a sister... our relationship is a little strange with me being somewhat of a parental figure but also teacher". A conversation for another time but perhaps she'd be able to introduce the two to each other. If Myla's fascination with robotics was like this for droid she'd wonder how the mechanic would react to a cyborg.

"I believe they there were designed that if there were shot they were damaged beyond operation they would be hard to repair due to deliberate fragility, prevent them from being captured but the scrap if recovered could be easily melted down to make new ones". Combine that with them being easy to make in large numbers and no need to train or feed them and you had an army that while not very skill could use sheer numbers to win without even losing that many troops in the long run. Of course, the CIS also employed a large number of normal beings into the military often meaning they can use the droids for more frontal attacks while organic soldiers can tackle more precise points.

As they stopped walking her Kurenai raised an eyebrow as the small Jedi hugged her arm, somewhat of an odd gesture but she let them continue. "Hmmm, I can't really answer your question, myself have been a soldier and fighting far longer than I've had any peace in my life, though I will have to say those who are committed to peace should certainly reap the benefits of it". "Though I am no Jedi so I am not sure my line of thinking is the best, perhaps once more talking to one of my children would help, though they are on leave at the moment all are apart of the SJC to some extent".

Letting her break away Kurenai reached for her own blade, the jilt extending forming a sort of
Yari like a lightsaber. THe beam coming out of the end was a blood orange, not the normal colour that most dark siders used. "You can always learn, come, show me what you know, attack me at will and I'll gauge your skills".

Last edited:
The Yari was not a weapon that was unfamiliar to the young Myla, though it certainly was a weapon that she wasn't expecting to see in the form of a lightsaber here. Nor was the color something she was familiar to seeing. It was quite a bit different from the blue, green, and occasional other color. Considering her knowledge, she knew that the spear was a weapon that excelled at longer ranges, a weapon that allowed for the user to keep an enemy at bay, and a weapon that when in the hands of a proper user was incredibly powerful. So, assuming she was forced to be the aggressor, she would need to close the distance between them as soon as possible.

Easier said than done. Eyes focused, mind clear, the young Myla enters a pseudo crouch, making herself even smaller, before dashing forward into a sprint. After three steps, she leaps high into the air, twisting her body in mid movement as she aims to swing downward upon the Lord Marshal below her, looking to use her contorted movement to adjust to intercept any thrusts that may be sent upwards her way. Assuming she is successful in clashing with her opponent, she uses her momentum to press her weight down with assistance of gravity to use the saber spear as a balance, to flip over her opponent in a somersault and landing upon her feet. Her back turned to Master Yumi.

Myla was small, smaller than average, and it showed in the way she fought. Focusing on form four of saber combat, she was dedicated to fast and swift strikes with movement of acrobatics, a style that often favored small and wiry duelists such as herself. In order to avoid Master Yumi to knock her off balance, Myla pushes herself backwards, so that her back presses into Yumi's own, as if back to back. In part, this is to make it more difficult for the master to swing her spear behind herself to hit the small fox, but also to remain close enough to remove the advantage of her weapon.

Kurenai held her weapons firmly in both hands, pointed out forwards in a simple bust defensive stance, one that could change easily to intercept an incoming attack. Her expression remained calm and focused as she watched Myla, keeping her position as the women dashed forward and began the assault. It didn't take a genius to know she was a user of Ataru, it was the only form that really used acrobatics.

The marshal raised her blade to block the downwards swing, placing a foot back to keep herself braced against the weight of the Jedi. Blue eyes tracked the small opponent as they flipped behind, listening out for when their feet touched the floor, dropping her raised guard and returning to her simple position as she had before. The moment the sound of feet hitting the floor rang in her ears Kurenai thrust the hilt back in a straight motion,. Using the metal end as a blunt weapon aimed towards what she assumed to be Myla's back or chest. Kurenai arched her head back to try and get a view of the small woman as she did.

The small fox did claim she wasn't the best at this sort of thing. Such was evident as her opponent presses her spear's back end to knock the small fox in the back, causing her to stumble forward, though not totally fall onto her face, as Myla herself was intending to press backwards. "Ach..." Catching herself, she seems to oddly utilize her entire body with her movements, as she pivots and turns to face the master before her. Flipping her saber in her hand into a reverse grip. With herself disrupted, she swiftly pivots backwards, anticipating a swing of the spear. If not that, then for her own to be delivered.

However, this is where it would begin to get interesting. Assuming their blades met, with a press of a button, the other half of Myla's lightsaber ignites, revealing her weapon of choice was not a single, but a double sided lightsaber. She attempts to crouch, attempting to maneuver her saber's bottom half through the ground and into a rising strike towards this vampire, attempting to utilize the brief surprise to her advantage. This was why she utilized the fourth form, Antaru, for her weapon was rather odd, peculiar, and as a result, often required not only agile, but dexterous movement and usage of the entire body to avoid leaving many openings.

Hopefully, the young Padawan would make some progress in this next assault.

"Ataru is certainly an interesting form though I personally would never turn my back on an opponent willingly". Kurenai reply moving to pivot and swing her body around along with the blade, gripping it against her body as they clash, herself holding back from putting in her usual strength, a little worried she'd send the small Jedi quite literally flying. Being almost 2 meters tall and a vampire with enhanced strength meant such a possibility even in a sparring match was not unfound.

As Myla's second blade came to life the marshal cocked an intrigued eyebrow, somewhat silently complimenting the Jedi for her tricky nature. As the blade came up Kurenai decided to quickly cut her losses and shifted back, and to the side, breaking the lock and dogging the attack, though once again step forward keeping their orange blade pointed towards her opponent and she moved the glowing tip in a U motion aiming to go under the Padawans swing and thrust towards her chest, utilizing the blades long reach to her advantage.

It was time to see how well Myla could handle attacks on her own.

Last edited:
Myla indeed could feel the weight behind Yumi's blow. Normal sabers were heavy enough, but the shunt of the spear's blade was rather devious. It was rather fortunate she used both hands and dug herself in. However, unfortunately, the young Amaran had lost her trick as soon as she used it. That was but a tactic she could only use once. However, at the very least, Master Yumi would likely find it pleasing to know that her opponent did know how to dance. Dance quite nicely. As the U motion was made, stopping halfway and thrusting towards Myla's chest, she let her back arch, making herself lean back so that she was almost horizontal, her tail giving her balance as the orange blade hovers over her.

Swiftly resting one hand along the ground, saber half in other hand, she turns off one half of it as she throws herself into a semi roll, attempting to utilize her small size to her advantage, to close her distance and enter a crouch, to slash upwards at a diagonal angle for Yumi's right leg at the upper base of the thigh. The young Amaran jedi took deep breaths, trying to get a gauge on how she was going to approach, mainly because she knew this was going to be difficult for her. The only things Myla had going for her in this instance was her small size, and if she was going to get any vantage, her ability to adapt to perform obscure acts in combat.

However, she was focused, and she seemed to put her whole effort into this moment. One thing else. The young fox was learning.

Fighting someone with a tail always proved interesting and with how light Myla was it didn't come as too much of a shock the Jedi was capable of using it to shift her weight so easily. While personally a fan of Ataru due to its acrobatic nature she could certainly see it was being utilized with her opponent and to good effect. Seems Myla was a better fighter than she had led on, either that or she was getting rusty due to her long leave to some extent.

As the small women came closer Kurenai opened her palm, using the force to quickly spin the spear around, keeping the hilt secured under her arm to block the incoming strike, using her other free hand to send a flat palm strike towards the Jedi in an attempt to once again stumble the women and give herself space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom