Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech IE-M01A Anti-Laser Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
BrmjrCx.gif

yihPUeT.png

x1jo7ut.png

• Manufacturer: The Iron Empire
  • Model: IE-M01 Anti-Laser Missile
  • Affiliation: The Iron Empire
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Missile Parts, Dampener Aerosol
004KtVf.png

• Classification: Missile
  • Size: Ship-mounted
  • Length: Standard Missile Length
  • Weight: Standard Missile Length
  • Ammunition Type: Missile
  • Ammunition Capacity: Variable
  • Effective Range: Capitol Ship
  • Rate of Fire: Variable
  • Special Features:
    Dampener Aerosol

brTR2sM.png

Strengths:
  • Anti-laser Capabilities: The laser-dispersing gas significantly dampens the effectiveness of laser-based weaponry.
Weaknesses:
  • Double-edged Sword: The dampening effect is indiscriminate. The laser-based weaponry of the user will also be effected.
jyc1pzc.png

Designed by the Iron Empire's Naval Branch, the IE-M01 Anti-Laser Missile was a defense-oriented missile, devised to hamper the effectiveness of laser-based weaponry. Based upon the Dampener Aerosol, the missile was, in essence, an up-scaled application of the venerable laser-dispersing gas. However, the intended environment necessitated the introduction of a stabilizer, to allow the gas to survive in vacuum of space. Once deployed, the gas would expand into a 400m2 cloud, and absorb much of the laser's energy, significantly dampening the potency of the beam. As a defensive tool, it was an invaluable asset. As such, it saw common use among vessels of the Iron Imperial Navy.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Isamu Baelor"]

I don't see many problems with this sub, just two things.

One, presumably this is going to be used mostly in space for defense. I have no problem with this, but could you please add to the description something about a stabilizer that actually allows the gas to survive in space? The canon material is only in atmosphere I believe.

Two, could you please dictate how large of a 'cloud' a single missile creates.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I've added a bit about the stabilizer. I haven't gone into detail, as I would have no idea on what to actually write. Please let me know if this is fine.

In regards to the cloud:

There is relatively little information about the Dampener Aerosol, but from what I've found, it sounds like a significant amount of gas can be contained in a relatively small container (6m2 in a 0.5Kg container). So this is just a guesstimate on my part, but I'm guessing that a capitol ship-sized missile could produce a couple of hundred m2 of the gas. Let's say 400.

Please let me know if this is excessive, and I'll change it accordingly.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Isamu Baelor"]

Given the relative size and scope of space combat I would say this is reasonable.

As for the explanation, that's fine with me. Neither of us are scientists and its best not to try and look like it.

Approved pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom