Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ID: C1-Defender Adaptive Shield Array and Targeting Uplink

Status
Not open for further replies.
593ba_Star_Citizen_SECO_S2_F4_DD.jpg

Image Source: Whomever these guys are? It's all I could find.

Intent: To develop a shielding array that tracks active targets to provide maximum defensive capabilities in the highest probable threat areas in real time.

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Maya Hadrix [Improvised Designs, Unofficial ;)]

Model: C1-Defender Adaptive Shield Array

Affiliation: Maya Hadrix, Ali Hadrix

Modularity: Some. Designed with an array of connectors for adaptability to a wide variety of standing vehicle designs.

Production: Unique

Material: Durasteel, Chanlon

Description:

The C1-Defender Adaptive Shield Array is the next step in shielding technology. Combining the durability and reliability of the Chempat Engineered Defenses "Defender" shield generator with the efficiency of a targeting uplink system, the C-Def ASA locks onto enemy targets actively engaging the host vehicle and tracks their location, focusing shield strength where it is needed most and adapting it in real time.

Via a hardline uplink connection, the C-Def ASA feeds targeting data from the host vehicle's primary and alternative weapon systems, shunting that data to the shield generators and focusing shield strength in areas of highest probability of damage by incoming warheads, cannon bolts, rockets and missiles.

The C-Def ASA comes with a built in sensor package that allows the system to differentiate between threats of different type and origin, providing the system with unprecedented versatility.

Primary Source: Maya Hadrix (Alternate Character)

Shield Allocation Command from Star Wars Galaxies game: http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Front_Adjust_-_Light_(Routine)

[member="Ali Hadrix"]
What a coincidence, I was just talking to someone about the lack of shields in the factory...

Anyways, this is a beautiful submission, but it also uses rather advanced shielding technology, do you happen to have any canonical sources used to draw on for this? If so, please link them near/at the bottom of the sub for reference purposes.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]: Thank you! ^_^

The best evidence I can provide for an established basis is the films themselves any time adjusting shields is mentioned. Also, the X-wing game series from the 90's allowed for pilots to adjust the strength of their shields between front and rear.

That's the basis of the technology. Given targeting/tracking data on marked hostiles, the shield generators are able to focus their emitted shield power to areas expecting incoming fire by calculating trajectories and other maths that involve the gyroscopic positioning of the friendly vehicle, the direction and speed of travel of both target and host, etc.

So basically this is an exaggeration of the shield shifting expressed in canon.

Unfortunately I cannot find any direct links besides the film and game material themselves.

[member="Ali Hadrix"]
This is the canon material (MD-FA Directional Shield) that makes use of direction shielding, which allows pilots to shift shield strength and regeneration rates between fore and aft shields, and is designed for starfighters. It was, at the time of its use, considered the most versatile shield on the market.

Could you tell me the size of the vehicle/ship this would be intended/capable of covering?

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]:

Well kriffin' hell, there you go. "Directional"...why did that word escape me so? None of my other searches turned up much. lol

As for uses in mind, I was intending on applying it to the C1M2A MAT-TE walker, which clocks in at 13.5 meters, just one meter longer than a stock T-65 X-wing starfighter. The Old Republic data, from which the directional shields were drawn in your link, labeled them as in use with starfighter class vessels, so I figured the X-wing was a good judge of vehicle size for the system.
So I suppose that considering the difference in time, enough advancements could be made to facilitate a series of rotational shield emitters that provide much more versatile coverage than merely the bow-aft directional shields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom