Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICA .950 "Mando-Killer" Slug

Marcus Tritum

M
83196d1359917481-what-rifle-caliber-best-.950-jdj.jpg
Source: google image search for .950 JDJ
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Iron Crown Armories
  • Model: MK Slug
  • Affiliation: Fringe
  • Modularity: .950 (20x102mm)/.700
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Beskar
DESCRIPTION

The .950 caliber beskar slug is manufactured for the purpose of punching through heavily armored, high value targets wearing phrik, beskar, songsteel and other normally impenetrable metals. The .950 slugs are essentially just a hunk of beskar and are designed specifically in mind for the Verpine SG Sniper Rifle, which has been known to accept any round under an inch in diameter. The MK slug certainly toes the line, making it necessary to utilize a 5 round magazine, or fire it one at a time by manually loading the slug into the chamber. With a 5 round magazine the verpine shatter rifle would still only fire at the rate of a bolt-action due to the need to build up a charge with which to launch the heavy projectile.

The .950 can also be used in Verpine Shatter Gun pistols, but only those made to chamber 1 inch and below rounds.

Against beskar’gam, test results show that the MK slug will pierce the armorweave and dent the plate, pulverizing flesh, breaking bones, and rupturing organs beneath it. Entirely piercing the armor is unnecessary due to the imparted kinetic energy, which will kill an organic target. The slug can easily penetrate durasteel, duraplast, and other more common forms of armor. It can punch through AT-AT armor and other such armored targets such as LAVs, HAVs, and even Main Battle Tanks.

The use of beskar in the bullets is purposeful sacrilege and meant as a form of psychological warfare against Mandalorian soldiers.

The .700 is intended as a slug to be fired from a side-by-side, break-loading slugthrower. The accuracy is low, because the bullet will not expand from the heat and hug the rifling. It must be fired from a smoothbore. Firing from a rifled weapon will destroy the rifling. It is capable of putting down a Cragmoloid in a single shot.

Sources:
http://www.anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm (fires 20mm Vulcan rounds in a 3 round mag)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Verpine_shatter_gun

Marcus Tritum

M
[member="Popo"]

Yes and no. For the .50 and the .700, yes. The .950 is just a metal slug to be fired from a verpine gun.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Dak Canton"]
Alright. Here's the deal.

First off, if you're making the 20mm slug a rail accelerated slug, you need to edit the 7,000 grains of propellant and clearly state that its a literal ball of beskar being fired. Otherwise, you'll shatter the shatter gun firing a propellant bullet from the thing. It's too fragile for that.

Second, your propellant based bullets will be highly inaccurate. Bullets expand when fired so that they "grip" the rifling in the barrel which makes them spin upon exiting the barrel. Beskar won't expand when fired which means it won't grip the rifling which means you're firing the equivalent of a beskar musket ball with the same accuracy.

Marcus Tritum

M
Removed the 7,000 grain and put in "These slugs are essentially just a hunk of beskar"

Edit:
Revamped.

[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Dak Canton"]
Okay, last thing, I promise.

Go ahead and put "...punch through the weaker points of AT-AT..." simply because sloped armor, shields, and super hard metals like Phrik or Beskar plating would negate a lot of the round's energy.

Dak Canton said:
It can punch through AT-AT armor and other such armored targets such as LAVs, HAVs, and even Main Battle Tanks.

@ me when done and you should be good to go.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Dak Canton"]
I have been transferred from tech to Starships and will be unable to judge this further. Please @ or pm one of the available tech judges when edits are made and the sub is ready for further review.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Dak Canton"]
So what we have here is an instakill .950 bullet fired from a perfectly silent instakill mass driver gun, capable of piercing through main battle tanks, earned by taking one punch unusually hard in a barfight, and somehow able to be fired without ripping your arm off from the kind of recoil momentum that results from applying km/s velocities to a dense slug the size of a man's thumb. While I respect the edits you've made, I can't approve this in good conscience, nor can I see edits that would work for me without breaking the concept thoroughly. Apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom