Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Will Go The Distance

E X O C R O N

The fabled planet of many Kathol Outback explorers lay before me. Its gardens that had been replanted by Neth's careful hand, and Inari's watchful eye. Only to be defended many a time by myself, the previous Kalee, Erebus, and the other Aesirs. The true name of our Living gods. I had become one. I had transcended to become who I am now. While it took hundreds of years within the Netherworld to find a body, the strength, and the determination of our faith to see it through. Who else but the Blade of Kalee Herself.

I felt a pride rise within my chest as I looked at the slowly growing vines and foliage that began to encompass the nearly abandoned Temple that was reserved for the Aesirs, as well as their Chosen. Zoey had been one of these chosen. Proven herself at the Dominion of Manpha, Kintooine, and fighting against The Horde of Vong at the Silken Asteroids. She fought bravely in a time when her heart was doubtful. Yet, she became stronger from it. Her heritage of a Sithly Father, and being taken into the fold of the Mandalorian Clans only seemed to further herself even more.

While I, Kalee felt some pride for the planet of our home, I could feel the feelings of Zoey as they swelled within her. The feelings of accomplishment, and devotion to her cause. My cause. However, that was long ago it seemed. It felt like it only happened yesterday, yet another part felt lost in this memory. I smiled for a single moment before turning to look at my apprentice. My... friend.

"It was here that my religion was first brought to the light. It was here that I found my faith. I find it only... justified that I should take you here. I have seen much of you, and the woman you are becoming. Only right that you see where I came from."

Reaching out, I gripped the cold metal handles, and pushed the doors open ever so slowly. The pure weight of them alone stood against the test of time. Even if the plant life was attempting to break it. The plantlife had broken through some of the tiling. The floor cracked and showing wear of years. Along the corners, and walls were a couple bodies. Most had been picked clean by wildlife, however some, namely the bodies of Vali, were still mostly intact. Some had damage done to them, while others seemed to simply be rusting away. My heart dropped at the sight of these loyal servants of Neth. These beings were long gone.

Walking over to one of them, I knelt down.

"They were the Guardians of Neth. Technobeasts that were bred for war. Loyal to anyone within the Morossian with the approval of the God. I remember commanding three of them once. It was only for a second, but they were well worth the time it took to create them. If they are not endangered, then all but extinct as only Neth knew how to create them. He kept that close to his chest."

I had a faint chuckle that sounded as a cross between a puff and a sigh. Reaching down to run my bare finger against the blades upon the elbows of the creatures. The blade cut easily through my skin. Still as sharp as ever. Standing up. I turned around to face Umai.

"I feel that you have questions. This is the only time I will accept them, and answer them. So ask away."

[member="Umai"],

Valgærd

This place was important to Kalee, I knew that much.

Standing beside her, I let my eyes wander to the structure before us. The temple was ancient, gazing back at us with eyes as old as Kalee herself. I could feel the pride swell within the woman beside me as we stood at the gates. Through my magic, I sensed she had a deep connection to this place. Although, it was completely alien to me. In truth, I wasn't entirely sure why she'd brought me here. For now, I was simply grateful that [member="William the Bloody"] had allowed me to go with her. I briefly wondered if perhaps [member="Asher Mossa"] could sense where I was, considering we'd been bonded through the force permanently now. Neither of us knew the full extent of that bond, only Lylek himself understood that. I wondered if though it, the witch could learn whatever I was going to learn within. I absently twirled the ring on my finger, chewing on my lip as I considered the possibilities.

I shook my head of the thoughts as Kalee spoke, turning my attention solely to her. I nodded, stepping back as she moved to pull the gates open.

"The woman I'm becoming?" I asked, the slightest twinge of sarcasm to my tone, "bonded to one man... indentured servant to another... floundering for clues from a dead woman..?"

I trailed off, biting my lip. It felt wrong to speak about my mother that way. My brow furrowed, and a heavy sigh uncoiled from my chest.

"Sorry, Kalee." I mumbled, "I do appreciate this, truly."

My self-pity was shattered when we entered through the gates. There were bodies lying around, left to the elements. Most of them seemed to have been polished off by scavengers and wildlife. Suddenly, looking upon the corpses of the fallen, my own problems seemed so tiny and insignificant. My cheeks burned with shame and I hung my head, allowing my hair to fall over my face. My shoulders rounded, keeping myself as small as possible, I followed Kalee over to one of the bodies, kneeling behind her. Part of me just wanted to draw the hood of my cloak up and just disappear, but I let it pool on the stone behind me instead.

She told me what they were; guardians, beings designed to protect. Their creator was gone, meaning whatever beings remained were the only ones of their kind. I frowned, that did not seem a just fate for such loyalty.

We stood, facing one another as Kalee offered me the chance to ask my questions. I... had none. It was like a dream, it remains in your head, perfectly intact, until you try to put down in a record, where it simply shatters. Whatever swirling questions I'd had, fled.

"I... how old is this place?" I asked softly.

I shook my head, grimacing,

"I mean, who was Neth? How did you find your faith? Why..." I stumbled over my last question, trying in vain to catch it before it slipped through my lips, "... why bother bringing me here?"

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"]

I did hear the moans and complaints of the woman. While many a people in my position would chastise her for doing as such, I did not. Forcing someone to see the error of their ways will not change their mind. Making them see how wrong they were would not do anything for them. Sure, they may attempt to change early on, but they will slip up. They will fail. Humans were creatures of habit. Everyone had a method to their madness. In all the truths, I could understand Umai's conditions. I myself had a family that had abandoned me. My mother and father dying while I was young, and my brother had been declared missing in action. However, I did not seek after them. Their loss only strengthened my conviction to find myself a home. The Moross Crusade. Having left the Sith Empire, and traveled to the other side of the galaxy just to hear the words of Neth, Inari, and Aatrox. All I could do was stay silent as I could feel the change in attitude in her.

Her questions came quickly. However, I answered them one at a time.

"The structure and foundation is at least a couple hundred years old. However, it was rebuilt upon less than half a century ago. Within those fifty years, the place has fallen into ruins. Left behind and guarded by the loyal servants you see around you."

Yet as I spoke, I could feel the curosity within the woman grow even more. Asking about why she was taken here, and Neth himself, or why the faith started. A sad smile broke on my face. Thinking of the time where He and I fought a Sithspawn the size of a rancor, plus a couple dozen smaller creatures upon Manpha. Oh how long ago that felt.

"Neth the Keeper, is the pillar and patron of knowledge and all of its aspects. You see, Father, or the being who we only call as father, died. In his dying breaths, he created the galaxy. One where all of his children could live. However, to see that these children were looked after, he created Inari the Reviver. Mother and Healer of the people. Neth the Keeper to provide knowledge, and Thral the Beast Tamer. Caretaker of all the living creatures. They are the three oldest of his children. Without intervention of the Aesirs, The beings of the universe began to quarrel over knowledge and power. With that, conflict. Springing forth for the desire to smite those down who wronged others, I was born. My twin sister Salee was born opposite of me. To protect those within the conflict."

Turning away from her, I looked at the strewn bodies across the floor. the fallen building and its crumbling ruins. Continuing on as I did so.

"The other gods followed after. Ithari from bloodshed of war, Liad from the plagues and injuries festering in wounds, Aatrox from the lies and subterfuge of avoiding an all out fight and using sleuth to win wars, Hali from the nobles who partied and desired the sins of the flesh over the bodies of those who served them in the mud. It was from all of this, that the final breath of our father, seeing the breaking of his children. Erebos born to destroy us all. We ten divines then found out that with our father gone, only three of our powerful souls could be in the mortal realm at a time. The very fabric of our existence would tear asunder should any more than three live. Many may blame the Netherworld event upon us as the worlds itself tore themselves apart. A being Called only Akala was in some ways, proposed to be a new God. Yet as she had died, it was proven wrong."

Turning around to see parts of my older self within the woman, I felt sad, yet also excited for her. Maybe she will get the shot of a normal life that I never had. I was born into this kind of world. Birthed to rule over the very children my father created. However, there was much I saw in her. Potentially as a powerful ally, or even more.

"I know much of you. While I do not delve deep into your thoughts and give you privacy, I am not afforded such. My people know exactly who I am. I bring you here, so then you can discover who you really are. So you can find the mold you were meant to fill. Even I, a being who was given a divine purpose, do not know of yours. And as such, it is my purpose to aid my brothers and sisters, children and more to find their purpose. However, You are no sister of mine. You do not have my faith. You have my friendship. Something that... I have never really had. I had allies, but never someone who I could confide in."

While this was getting a little long winded, I was going to sum it up just a little bit more.

"Umai. I have been growing closer to you. You are dear to me. For once in my life, I want to help someone with genuine effort. So, for you, I will teach you a power for which you can do many things. A power that Neth himself used to create these beings, as well as others. Maybe though this, you can find your purpose, and find your mother, as well as free yourself from servitude or any bonds you do not wish to have."

[member="Umai"],

Valgærd

I listened as Kalee spoke.

She answered all of my questions, I could see the nostalgic melancholy on her face as she did so. It had never truly clicked with me what Kalee was. She was a goddess, or at the very least, an avatar of one. Of course, in my life, I’d treated her with more respect than I had anyone… but that really wasn’t saying much. To me, she was a friend, a close one. She was someone I looked up to, but never had it really clicked with me that she was so much more than that.

She told me of the history of this place, of the galaxy as a whole. I’d had no idea that this Neth that she spoke about as if she’d known him, had been such an ancient being. And she’d had a twin, a sister. As Kalee turned away, I felt a slight pang of… envy, maybe? I’d never regretted being an only child… not before now, at least.

She kept going. As she spoke, I realised the true extent of all that was Kalee, my friend. She was an ancient being, one that deserved, and indeed was likely accustomed to worship. I felt my cheeks burn a little, a creeping sense of inadequacy taking me over. I’d never bent a knee to her, nor barely even acknowledged her station.

Her answer to my final question caught me off-guard, one phrase in particular sticking with me as she finished.

“Discover… who I really am?” I repeated quietly.

That unsettled me. Did I… really want to know? Burying that thought, I turned to face Kalee, standing just in front of her. I’d never really cared for things like friendship and the like, but now, I found myself drawing nearer to Kalee. I wasn’t sure whether I should bow, or kneel, or just… continue not worrying about it.

“I… want to thank you, Kalee.” I said softly, “for all of this. Whatever you have to teach me, I would be honoured to learn.”

That, while sincere, didn’t really sound like me, so I managed to grin as I reached out to brush a little rogue leaf from her shoulder,

“I'm glad you're here, goddess only knows when I'll need to be patched up again."

She was conflicted on many levels. Even as I spoke to her, I could see it in her face and her actions. More over, I could feel the emotions slowly falling off of her. She seemed to almost shy away from me as she finally realized how important I was to my faith, to my people. Umai was a young woman who was still learning, and traveling through the galaxy to discover who her mother was. When in the truth, she was scared of who she herself is and will become. She wanted to find some cookie cutter mold that she could use to shape herself. What easier way than to find her mother? However, while I knew this now, I could not tell her of her own mind. She had to discover that. Smiling a little as she removed a leaf from my shoulder, she thanked me and spoke of willing to learn.

Gently I placed my hand upon her upper arm. Looking directly at her and just holding it. She reminded me so much of someone I knew. Someone who I had once known, yet have lost.

"You only ever need to thank me once. As much as I am worshiped, I don't need more."

I chuckled a little at the statement. I had many followers, and many who sought to become my chosen, or my hand. However, I didn't have any choice for who I wanted to be at the moment, nor did I want any. Let alone, I would not have my own friend thank me or worship me. Honestly, I didn't want people to worship me. I didn't like the idea. It felt like I was forcing people to follow me. For Umai, I would never force her.

"Not for the Night, Lets focus on the task at hand."

Crouching down next to the body of the Vali who had long since perished, I indicated for her to follow suit. Reaching out, I pulled it's arm away from the chest. Holding the creatures arm out to Umai, I would allow her to simply hold it for now.

"You know how to feel living beings through the force correct? I would like you to do the same here, only with this Vali in particular. Feel for what makes it different than everything else here."

Considering the Vali were Technobeasts created with a mix of Sith Alchemy, and Mechu-duru Vitae they would feel very dark within the force. However, they would be well complicated beyond her own skill now. As she would do that, I would speak softly about them.

"Neth was a Knowledge keeper. He had all of the knowledge within the galaxy. As such, he was formidable in many aspects. Including the creation, and manipulation of life itself. It is this secret, this ability, I will teach you."

[member="Umai"],

Valgærd

Kalee was… gentle with me.

Not patronizingly so, no. I knew very much that she wasn’t passive, she wouldn’t let me get away with being immature or bratty… but she wasn’t harsh with me like William was. I couldn’t help but smile as her hand moved to my arm, nodding at her words. As she turned to focus on the task at hand, it occurred to me that I’d missed her, in the time we’d been apart. So much had happened, much of it I still had yet to make peace with, and all I wanted to do was share it all with her.

Following her direction, I knelt beside the goddess as she reached out and held the arm of the creature towards me. I stared at it for just a moment before taking it, feeling its ancient skin in my fingers, the weight in my hands as I listened.

“Alright,” I replied as she instructed me to feel through the force, “I think I can manage that.”

I closed my eyes, concentrating on the sensation of feeling the creature’s arm in my hands. At first it was simply physical, feeling it resting in my grip as Kalee continued to explain. As I focused on it and her words, I reached out through my magic, searching for whatever remnant of a signature remained of this beast.

Darkness… that was the first thing I felt. Sith alchemy, I could recognise it only because my mother’s ring used the same alchemy in its creation, and I’d meditated on that quite a bit. But there was more than just the alchemy in this beast, as I expected; it was a very complicated construction indeed. A shiver raced down my spine before I could stop it, that now familiar coldness of the dark side washing over me as I felt this creature.

I opened my eyes and looked to Kalee,

“Whatever you’ve got… I want to learn.”

A pause,

“Where would we even start with something like this? It feels… dark. But there are layers to it I can’t even decipher. It’s… incredibly intricate.”

I smiled as Umai was catching on. Her face was different now. Slowly finding an understanding. Her turn to me was unexpected. With quite a bit of conviction within her voice, she spoke of wanting to learn whatever I could give her. Nodding mine head, I was about to speak when she came up again. Not interrupting, but just simply speaking before I could. Asking how would we perform such as task considering it's complexity. it was deep and much like a maze. One that she had no clue how to see through. I smiled and asked one question that simplified it all.

"How do you clean up a messy room?"

I paused only for a moment. Letting her think it over. Mulling in her head what process she would have to take. The rhetorical question was there to get her mind moving in the right direction. Not to stump her, or to make her think poorly of her own question. Most often, a large and complex question, or problem, can be solved by utilizing smaller questions that can more readily be answered, or solved. This is the process of life. No one understood their purpose in life. But to find that answer, they had to answer smaller questions of their own.

"One piece at a time dear. One piece at a time."

Reaching down, I curled my hand underneath the body of the long dead creature. Picking it up to sit upon my lap. Followed swiftly by standing up, I turned around and started to walk deeper into the complex. Leading past the main hall and to one door off to the side. One of the few that still stood. Kicking the door, it fell off the hinges and upon the floor. Moving in, it led down a stair case. Suddenly, a little ball of light began to float around my head. Brightly lighting up to provide a source of light for us as we walked down the stairs.

"You see, These creatures, the Vali, are created through a combination of sorcery, magics, and the force. Many who call the magic and sorcery as simply that. Sith Magic. A dark and very corrupting side of the force. One which the greatest desires, and your greatest fears can be real. Alchemy is a specific term for the branch of magic used to alter metal, beings, creatures, and even life itself to change. Neth, was a master of this art. He created these creatures through use of this alchemy and another branch of Magic. Mechu deru Vitae."

Once reaching the bottom of the stairs, I turned around the corner. Revealing the room with the bright floating light, to be one of a laboratory. Rather large for just us two people, but with many uses housed within here. Old relics that had once been here may have been plundered, or simply taken during the fall of our crusade. Setting the body down upon an examination table, I turned to Umai.

"I neglected to ask, but how was the ceremony for your bond with the Lylek?"

Honestly, the question I was interested in, yet it was also to keep Umai talking. To have an interaction with me. I would never admit it to her, but I enjoyed her company greatly. It was nice to be reminded that age is just a number, and that you can act however you wish when not in the eyes of public view.

[member="Umai"],

Valgærd

How do you clean up a messy room?

Kalee's response... made sense. This all seemed overwhelming to me right now, but of course, if I took it slow, did one thing at a time, just like when my uncle had made me clean my room on his ship... it would eventually all come together. I smiled at the woman, a genuine smile. I had forgotten how nice it could be to be around her. Even though we hadn't spent as much time together as I'd have liked, and even though she spent more of that time correcting me than I'd like, she was perhaps the only girl friend I really had. Was that sad?

As she scooped the body up into her arms and stood, I took a step back to allow her more room. We walked deeper into the compound, the sunlight disappearing as the ruins felt as if they were swallowing us up. My thoughts seemed to crash in on me as the silence resumed. They turned to what I could do with this knowledge. If I managed to learn to create something like this... could I use these beings to protect myself? Could I turn them on William to... I paused for a step, why did that thought come into my mind? Likely no one knew how deep the bond between the Crime Lord and myself went except the two of us. Why, then, was my first instinctive thought to turn these things against him?

Shaking the thought from my mind with a shudder, hurrying to catch up to Kalee.

The cool of the ruins, protected from the sun, turned colder as the darkness descended upon us and we delved further in. I was thankful for my cloak, tugging it around my shoulders to protect against the cool air. I squinted into the darkness as suddenly a ball of light appeared above us. To my own dismay, a yelp of surprise escaped my lips before my eyes adjusted to it. I cringed as I began to follow my friend down the stairs.

"The Vali." I repeated softly, committing their name to memory, "how can someone practice this art, without being corrupted?"

The question was more to myself than to Kalee, I assumed... no, I knew that she would have the answer.

My eyes grew wide as we rounded a corner and entered some sort of aboratory. The little light I assumed the woman beside me had created lit up an intricate scene of equipment and tools, much larger than what the two of us would have required. Perhaps once an entire team would have worked here. I kept my sigh of awe as stifled as I could, following Kalee as she placed the body upon an examination table. At her question, I glanced up to meet her gaze.

"... Eventful." I answered finally after a pause. "There was a witch who helped me, his name is Asher. We faced a Lylek, a um... a physical one. Those things are horrendus. The only way was to forge a... I dunno, a bond of some sort, so we could work as a team. Well, it worked. Then we met with Lylek himself, and the nerf herder decided to make that bond permanent. So... the witch and I are linked now. Hells, I wouldn't be surprised if he can sense what's going on right now."

I stopped, realising my answer had turned into something of a ramble. Smothering my cringe with a shrug, I approached the table, placing my fingers upon the edge. In truth, it was nice to have someone to tell all this stuff to. My diary had a couple of entries, but it wasn't the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom