Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Seregwaur o Retalik

This thread is a look into Kendrix past and will expand 11 years to the time just before she becomes a sith. The story starts with Kendrix being 12 years old and will be headed like this again when i jump to another age. I hope everyone enjoys the series!

Ned Laer oin Enegaemen Tolochaenen Minui Idhrinn
Deer.png

“Neledh... Tâd... Min.”

The string snapped back the the bow as the notched arrow left its cradle. the arrow whistled zipping through the forest air towards its mark. The sound didn’t give away its presence however. The tip impaling the side of the deer in front of the hunters startling the creature before it bounded away through the dense foliage. A young Kendrix, still just a girl, drew another arrow getting it in the string only to watch her father grab it before she could draw the string.

“Vá!” Kendrix threw her head back dramatically. Her shoulder dropped as her she watched her target escape. She beat her hand on the ground then forced herself up into a run. “I aras ú-dregath!”

“Baralissel! Avó noro. Aphametath i Fui’agar,” her father shook his head as she ran after the deer then smiled at her enthusiasm. He stood up quickly as well his feet padded after her as they ran through the forest. “Baralin! Avó renio hae!”

Kendrix followed behind the deer sprinting after it as it’s hoofs carried it between the trees and over logs and mounds. The force, or what she called ingóle, gave her extra speed to keep the deer in her sights. Nothing else mattered to her except for getting the deer. This was her second trip hunting, but the first where she actually managed to land an arrow. Her young heart wanted nothing more than to make her father proud. She wanted to take up his trade and be the hunter and peace keeper he was.

She followed the deer into rocky crags then watched as it dropped out of Kendrix’s sight. She slid to the ground as she attempted stop her sprint. The rocks pressing into her and creating a temporary pain. The forest behind them seemed quiet all of the sudden. Kendrix slowly returned to her feet pausing for a moment before creeping forward. She found the deer laying in the shade of a rock formation.The creature was easily twice maybe three times her size. It surprised her considering it did look nearly as large when she took the shot. Its legs bent under it as it breathed heavily. Kendrix’s hand went to her heart. Through the force, she could feel the deer’s heart beat slowing. Even if she were to show mercy in this moment the deer would not live. The deer would not be able to even stand again. The deed had to be carried out fully. As she reached the deer, her hand lightly pet it’s back. It shuddered as Kendrix made contact. The movement forcing her to draw back before carrying out the action.

“Posto Vâ. Savo hîdh nen gurth,” Kendrix drew a knife from her belt pouch and held it in her shaking hand. She then used her other arm to lift the deer’s head while she drew the knife across. “Govano in nothrim în adh i mellyn în mi Mannos.”

Kendrix laid his head down then exhaled the breath she held in. She smiled lightly. A light giggle left her mouth only to be interrupted by a thunderous roar. The ground beneath Kendrix shook. She gripped her knife tightly with both hands as she stood back to her feet. The ground still moving slightly. She raised an eye brow then lowered her knife slightly.

“Baralissel!” Her father called for her in the distance. The sound faint compared to the sound of the roar and the shifting rock under her feet. Her heart pounded out of her chest as she waited to face the beast near her. Her father was too far away to help her now.

During summer of the 681st year (833 aby and kendrix's 12th year of age)
1: “Three… Two… One.”
3: “Don’t!”“The deer will not flee!”
4: “Baralissel! Do not run. We will follow the trail of blood.” “Baralin! Do not wander very far!”
7: “Rest well. Have peace in death.” “May you join your friends and family in the afterlife.”

Another sound replaced the roar. The sound of a creature drawing air into its lungs. The earth raised beneath Kendrix's feet. She dropped the hand and her knife to her side then glanced down at the rock and soil under toe. Her heart raced for another reason now. Excitement.

"Baralissel!" Her father called for her again.

"Adar!" Kendrix returned her knife to its pouch then ran the direction she heard her father.

The two nearly ran into each other when they met. His hand went to the back of the neck of his daughter holding her in place as he made sure she was alright. His sword drawn to protect them. His sword of peace also know as a tëlgåir. He prepared himself to fight however Kendrix held no fear for the situation. Even at such a young age she was fearless.

"Ada, i Belegorod yanga," Kendrix grinned at her father placing her hands on his wrist as she slipped out of his grasps.

She followed the crags back to the edge of the forest. Only then did she notice how suddenly the grass and trees changed to stones and dirt. From there she followed the edge towards the sound of the creature. Her father followed close behind her. A smirk reached his face as he realized what exactly they stumbled upon. Kendrix found the large head, it’s mouth still gaping with the yawn. This was a god to the Theowei and their treant ancestors. A revered creature which brought a symbol of peace to the planet, Retalik.The Weethrak paid no attention to the small girl approaching. It exhaled the air in its lungs blowing Kendrix hair off her ears. She closed her eyes and smiled as she held her breath. When the Weethrak finished, it shut its jaw to and then laid its head back down.

“Ú ídhra echued!” Kendrix laughed as she glanced over at her father. “Carog inc lornant and?”

“Meneg,” her father chuckled.

“Û men!” She shouted as she smiled. The eyes of the Weethrak opened slightly before shutting back to.

Her father put his finger to his lips then motioned her to go to the massive creature, “Sen na agloron an min arthi neth sui ech. I Belegorod ista laew tern. An galu ai carfog, I Belegorod le pedith torn.”

She gulped then nodded to her father before creeping over to the god inching slowly to it. She prepared herself for it to open it’s eyes. She would leap back if it did. The last thing she wanted to do was upset a creature that could swallow her in a bite. She took the last few steps to it then when it got in her reach she put her hand on it’s head. She didn’t even have to ask. Visions flooded her mind. Visions of a past long before her time. The imagines overloaded her mind for a moment she couldn't tell when one began and another ended. Then the Weethrak settled on a memory for Kendrix. She tried to remember every detail.

“Cenon lhûgdîr a dîr ar pint bo del dîn,” she began to recollect the memory gifted to her. “Maethar i Theowei a ti Gwedhir din vi engwidh. nastar edl pengathr na thin. Ab san, in lhûgdîr adh pintdîr mapir nossenc bo a raud aew a ti reniant athan i aiwenor.”

“Se goeol, ach ú-iston pent hen,” her father’s brow furrowed as he tried to make heads or tails of the strange vision. He had never heard of such a story. Kendrix drew her hand from the Weethrak then returned to her father’s side.

“Gadin arassenc, ada,” she lifted her chin then smiled. “Te beleg, a caratham iuith od rass dîn.”

The father grinned then laughed his hand wrapping themselves around her jawline and patting her cheek. “Carathog beleg feredir fergar, iellig!”

3: “Father!”
5: “Dad, the Great Mountain yawns,”
6: “It does not want to awaken!” “Do you think he was asleep long?”
7: “A mellennia,”
8: “No way!”
9: “This is a great honor for one so young as yourself. The Great Mountain knows many secrets. By chance if you ask, the mountain will tell you a secret.”
11: “I see lizard men and men with tails on their head.” “They fight the Theowei and tied them up with chains. They point strange crossbows at them. After that, the lizard men and tail men put our kind on a metal bird and take them beyond the sky.”
12: “It is terrible, but I do not know this story.”
13: “I caught our deer, dad,” “He is large and we will make use of his antlers.”
14: “You will make a great hunter soon, my daughter!”

Her father made a sled out of weaved branches so they could drag the deer back to the city of Crovhana. They wouldn’t be allowed inside with the large beast however. Purity and cleanliness was of great value to the Theowei and dragging the bloody deer through the streets wouldn’t have been pretty. They stopped instead by a freighter on the outskirts of the city.There weren’t many starships on Retalik most of the off-worlders were quickly rushed off by how the Theowei people turned their noses up at them refusing to trade supplies and some even vandalized the off-worlders ships and belongings. Most Theowei were only starting to learn basic. The upper class could hire the off-worlders to teach them. Those of the lesser classes didn’t even have a basic grasp of it. For the most part the Theowei were told to avoid the off-worlders. They didn’t fully trust their strange guests.

Her father,Thangur, held the same boldness and bravery as Kendrix. Kendrix inherited it from him no doubt. He was one of the few Theowei who would trade with the off-worlders. Unlike the Theowei who are vegetarians, most of the off-worlder enjoyed their meat and jumped at the opportunity to purchase from Thangur. Often times he would get help from one or two to clean and cut the creature or creatures in question. From there, payment usually came in the form of coins or these things the off-worlders called “credit chips.” Occasionally a few would offer gadgets and crystals as well.

Rather than learning the names of all of the off-worlders Thangur and Kendrix assigned them names in their native tongue that usually described their appearance. A favorite of Kendrix’s was Polkthír which translates to “pig face.” Unlike most of the off-worlders, he made regular stops on Retalik specifically for the meat from Retalik’s native deer. He would bring a variety of different items from his homeworld as payment for the whole deer trading almost as much as what he receives.

“I have something for you, sweetheart,” Polkthír drew his hand from behind his back and with it showed her a stuffed toy of a creature she had never seen before.

“What is it, Polkthír?” Kendrix’s brow furrowed as she stared at the strange white toy.

“Why it’s a tauntaun toy!” Polkthír squeezed the toys stomach letting go it mimicked the sound of a tauntaun’s cry.

Kendrix grinned at the interesting toy and eagerly took it after the odd sound it made. The only things kept from the deer were it’s large antlers and it’s pelt. Thangur and Kendrix headed home with their arms full of the bags of their trade. Tools. Trinkets. Different nonperishables. Crackers. cookies. Cans of already made soups. Boxes of dried fruit. Previously, Polkthír gave them these cans of “soda” but the beverage only upsetted the two Theowei’s stomachs.

Before they left, Polkthír bidded farewell until his next time he would find himself in need of the venison from Retalik. Completely clueless of the nickname the two natives gave him.

Natalie-Dormer-Gif.gif

Just inside the noble quarters in one of the smaller houses, Kendrix and her father returned home. The walls were an eggshell color of stone decorated with different lace and knot designed tapestries. Most of the furniture made out of wood and curved for a fluid and elegant design. They weren’t a rich family but the home gave a false sense that they were. Kendrix laid their “payment” out on one of the tables going through it as her father left to another part of the home to put away the pelt and antlers. Kendrix helped herself to the bounty finding crackers to have with cheese. She sliced the cheese and ate it with a cracker. As she chewed, her hands found the tauntaun plush giving it a squeeze and listening to cry when her father came back.He made a shushing noise putting his finger to his mouth.

“Emel lîn lorna eno,” he replied as he walked across the large living area to join her in the kitchen.

Kendrix paid him little mind and put the tauntaun down at least. Her hands prepared her another cracker with cheese.

“Baw. Baw. Baw,” Thangur joined his daughter coming up behind her and shaking her shoulders playfully. “Esgeril mait lîn.”

Kendrix giggled offering him a cracker with the sliced cheese, “Ni feredir hîreb i baurin bellas.”

Thangur grinned at his daughter holding her out from him to admire her, “Feredireg!”

Kendrix grinned at her father. “Gi carog ceno taith Húnir i adar dîn annant?”

“Adh i ered,” Thangur fought the urge to belt out a laugh. “Medlinor ni nara e tarlang o ion dîn i cor harn lath i de annant galu i e ion Medlinor. Húnir thia be e phelen bo dol dîn nastad tîr na nem dîn! Sa faeg hên.”

“Car!” Kendrix said a little loudly and her father hushed her again, “Harthon ni nidhil annad daer taith.”

“Ú,” her father held her shoulders again. This time holding her out to inspect her twisting her shoulders then grabbing her chin and turning her face.

Kendrix’s defiant eyes bore into him when she realized what he was planing. Her mother would have another fit over it. She already ignored her father for a month because of the two marks over Kendrix’s left eyebrow. Any more marks on her daughter’s face and she threatened to castrate Thangur. It wasn’t a fun argument to watch. In this moment however, the defiance was for her mother. She was excited to finally get the markings that made her more pronounced in the eyes of the Theowei.

Thangur smiled as his daughter kissing her forehead, “Iellig, ‘wen toltho nen.”

“Athon, Ada,” she gave him a nod then went to the pump getting a large bin of water for them and carrying it to the table.

From there she waited sitting down on one of the cushioned chairs as she waited for her father to return. He didn’t take long. He returned with a knife and sharpening stone along with his kit of thin bone needles, the ink and a towel. A family heirloom or so he told Kendrix the first time one of the needles jabbed into her face. Kendrix wasn’t sure this time what the event would in tell. He didn’t have the knife or water the last time. Thangur sharpened the knife as Kendrix washed her hair. After that she used the towel to dry it slightly then her father parted it on a certain spot on the left side. After he had it to his liking he put the towel around her shoulders and then the knife touched her scalp. Her eyes bulged as the first lock of auburn hair fell off her shoulder. Kendrix’s hand clasped over her mouth and her father stopped at that moment. She wasn’t upset however instead a giggle left her mouth.

“Emel nastatha doll gîn bo ceber a sen,” Kendrix grinned widely at the exciting moment.

“De carathon, ach e írui ceber,” Thangur smiled back at her then brought the knife back to his daughter’s head and continued to shave the side.

2: “Your mother is asleep still,”
4: “Don’t. Don’t. Don’t,” “You spoil your appetite.”

5: “I am a master hunter who needs strength.”
6: “My little hunter!”
7: “Did you see Húnir’s tattoo his father gave him?”
8: “By the mountains,” “Medlinor tells me he was proud of his son for making a leather helmet that he gave him proof that he is Medlinor’s son. He looks like an arrow is on his forehead pointing right to the boy’s large nose. That poor boy.”
9:“It does!” “I hope you do not intend to give me such a tattoo.”
10: “No.”
12: “My daughter, fetch us water.”
13: “I will, dad,”
15: “Mother will put your head on a pike for this,”

16: “She will, but it is a lovely pike,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom