Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need an adult! and by that a good factory judge CX

So I started my company a while back and after getting it up to tier 3 and creating two subsidiaries for it shortly there after I began to think a little as I saw other companies had mining operations that allowed them access to restricted materials for use in their limited products.

So my question is this, how does one go about getting such a mining operations and what are the requirements? post count and the like as well.

Thank you very much ahead of time for any information you are able to provide me with CX

Its just like making any other subsidiary. I SocMin Fed that I have is just a fancy way for us at Justice Shipping to get the resources we have. I mean we could do it technically without the subsidiary, but I wanted to make SocMin Fed a sub. It works just like any other dev thread; just hit the minimum post count for whatever operation your doing to acquire your resources. :) Hope that helps!

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Darth Erebos said:
So I started my company a while back and after getting it up to tier 3 and creating two subsidiaries for it shortly there after I began to think a little as I saw other companies had mining operations that allowed them access to restricted materials for use in their limited products.

So my question is this, how does one go about getting such a mining operations and what are the requirements? post count and the like as well.

Thank you very much ahead of time for any information you are able to provide me with CX
The subsidiary has nothing to do with having access to restricted materials. In order to utilize restricted materials in your products, you must complete a development thread for each submission (if multiple different restricted materials are used in a submission, then multiple threads must be completed. At least one for each material.). These development threads can range from going to Aeten II to physically mine for Stygium, to spending an entire roleplay hidden by a hologram and following around other characters and watching them do... things.

Subsidiaries are more for... "I want to make guns and also train mercenaries that I will then supply with my guns." or "I want to make starships, and also be a privateer using my own designs" or "I want to make droids and other tech, but I want to be able go out and mine my own Phrik and such"

For example... Mandal Hypernautics produces ships, ship components, and a few other odds and ends. They have a Mining Subsidiary (Hyperion Mining) and a private military subsidiary (Hyperion Security), and they even have a legal subsidiary (Hyperion Consulting).

For a real world example... Walmart may also own several farms, several trucking companies, and a pharmaceutical company all under its belt.

For SW Chaos and the Factory... Simply owning a mining subsidiary has nothing to do with being able to utilize restricted materials in submissions.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Well I suppose it depends on how big the mine is, honestly. I personally try to hit at least 15 per thread to make sure we more than met the standards. However, owning the mine does not mean you don't have to do individual mining runs for each product. You still do, you just have an easier place to do it. For instance, we are garnering a stygum mine and have 20+ posts on it. However, if we want to make a stealth craft, we still have to dev the mining operation for the stygum to make said craft, now we just have a place where we can do it without someone raising a stink.

You will still have to do development for each submission and if it is in a major faction's space it will need to be a public thread. Creating mines, i.e locations, is a codex thing, and it would be best to ask there about that.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom