Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech I.M.D. Stun Torpedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomahawk_Block_IV_cruise_missile.jpg

Image Source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Tomahawk_Block_IV_cruise_missile.jpg
Intent: To make a missile that stuns people on mass
Development Thread: None but if you wish one
Manufacturer: Independent Military Developers
Model: I.M.D. Stun Torpedo
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: no
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, electronic components
Classification: Torpedo
Size: Ship-Mounted
Length: 2 meters
Weight: 5 ton
Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 1
Effective Range: Starfighter
Rate of Fire: Single action
Special Features: computerised guidance system,
Strengths: does not kill deliberately
Weaknesses: does not affect people who are insulated from electrical effects
Description: I.M.D. Stun Torpedo is designed not to kill, though accidents do happen. They designed to knock everyone out in a fifteen meter radius, using an electrical discharge. This is good for many things, as such capturing slaves, stopping terrorist without harming the innocent, as also if you wish to bring people to justice. So this designed to be non lethal, as such it gives out 0.02amp hit to an area, via a dc current this will incapacitate most people, some unfortunately with pacemakers may die. Though the user has to way this consequence up when use the weapon or not.
This weapon is useless against people who have layer of insulation, and are properly earthed. However if you're wearing metal armour with no earth, then your going to get hit. It use an echolocation system of 33htz similar to bats, to guide it way through area to it's target point.

The computerised guidance system make the weapon more accurate, as it will move around buildings, and other obstacles. This means it can be fired from behind an obstacle, and in dense urban areas, and still hit it's mark.
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Sabine Kurtass"], to clarify, this weapon produces a large electrical shock that "stuns" people much like a modern-day stun gun?

Sabine Kurtass said:
Special Features: computerised guidance system,
Could you expand on this more? It doesn't have to be super detailed, but does it differ in any way from a standard guidance system in any way? How are targets set? Does it use any special sensors?

Sabine Kurtass said:
They designed to knock everyone out in a fifteen meter radius, this is good for many things.

For clarity's sake, I'd recommend adding something in here about using an electrical shock to knock people out.

Sabine Kurtass said:
The computerised guidance system make the weapon more accurate, as it will move around buildings, and other obstacles. This means it can be fired from behind an obstacle, and in dense urban areas, and still hit it's mark.

I'm guessing this uses a camera or some other sensor to avoid obstacles?

Does the user visually pick out the target, point the weapon at it and then fire? Or does it use a different targeting system (image recognition, heat sensor, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom