Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech I.M.D. Lighting Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo%2BLight%2BRifle.jpg

Image Source: http://naughtyzootdesign.blogspot.co.uk/

Intent: To Kill things
Development Thread: Here
Manufacturer: Independent Military Developers
Model: I.M.D. Lighting Rifle
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced

Material: Aluminum and Electrical generator

Classification: Electric
Size: Handheld
Length: 1 meter
Weight: 4kg

Ammunition Type: Power cell
Ammunition Capacity: 50
Effective Range: 25 meters

Rate of Fire: Single action

Special Features: rechargeable

Strengths: Sends of a powerful electrical charge, that is attracted to metal

Extremely effective against droids
Weaknesses: Kills user if used in water

Slow firing

Description: This is designed to give off a bolt of electricity, through the rifle. As the the rifle fires lighting at its opponent, it has ability to fry circuits in droids, and people encased in too much metal, unless appropriately earthed or protected. Though anyone using this in water, will kill themselves, seriously you have been warned. The weapon gives of a short range but powerful blast, but as such the power cell takes 5 second to be ready for next blast. The weapon was made out of aluminum, so it would not be attaracted to it self, and not leap back and hurt the operator, as long as they were not in water.

Primary Source:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_Rifle

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Darth Banshee said:
The weapon gives of a short range

Darth Banshee said:
the same effect as force lightning

Darth Banshee said:
Effective Range: 100 meters
I'd recommend decreasing range to fit the description, and the general concept of controllable lightning (there's potentially a lot of things that could be metal that'd show up over 100 meters of range). Essentially, this would trade range for damage and sort of an inherent aiming system.

I'd recommend 20-30 meters.

If you're looking for something with a bit more range, I would consider looking at the Electrobolt assault rifle. A bit longer range and controllable accuracy, but not as powerful or as instinctive as a lightning rifle.

Darth Banshee said:
This is designed to give of the same effect as force lightning, through the rifle.
This needs to be removed from the submission. Under no circumstances will a rifle that fires force lightning be approved, and especially not at mass production. Please tag me when changes are made.

Darth Banshee said:
give off a bolt of lighting

Darth Banshee said:
Sends of a powerful electrical charge
While electrical charges and electrically charged plasma (see: Plasma Casters, "Lightning" Rifles in canon, and Plasma disruptors) are similar to lightning in appearance and effect, an actual lightning bolt is immeasurably more powerful (see: over 30 kA and 15 coulombs of electric charge and over 500 megajoules of energy). Rephrase your description to accurately describe what is used in canon - plasma/electrical currents - and remove any indication of actual lightning.

A rifle that fires actual lightning bolts would be a superweapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom