Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech I.M.D. I.A.D MkI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cylon_CU_zps212d0855.jpeg

Image Source: http://smg.photobuck...d0855.jpeg.html
Intent: To make a war droid
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Independent Military Development
Model: I.M.D. Infantry Assault Droid MkI
Affiliation: Open market
Modularity: Weapon Carried
Production:Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, and electronics
Classification: Class IV
Weight: 500 kg
Height: 2 meter
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments: Blaster options X- 31,
Bold Rifle
Built in Wrist Blaster
Electric Shock Grip
Misc. Equipment: Electronic sensors
Atmospheric shields, which can defend against blasters
Proximity scanners, anything moves near them they will pick it up.
ElectroMagnetic boots

Description: I.M.D. Infantry Assault Droid MkI is the first in a line of assault droids, created by I.M.D. to perform a military role of assault infantry, and marine functions. The Droid has thick outer shell, giving it an armour rating of eight. The droids cpu is separated through three points of it body, head, upper torso and abdomen. This means it will still functioning, unless all three sections are destroyed. Apart from it's balster which due to contracts, she has given them option of two, she also given them a basic wrist blaster, that runs from its batteries. It also sports an Electric Shock Grip, this means it can fry someone if it touches them and is not earthed to stunning them. They also say Delete when they trying kill to kill organics, or Roger Roger when obeying an order, as well as other key phrases. The droids are designed to recognise some faces, like @sabine kurtass, and others so not to shoot them, everyone else is given a key card, to show there level of authority over dorids.
Proximity Scanners detect movement in the area, via sensor plates in there feet. So they detect movement, via the vibrations on the surface happens as things move around. Obviously this works better on solid surface, rather than an soft surface. As the harder object is the easier it is to pick up, and heavier as well. Though this can be countered by spreading the weight, and moving slower.
The atmospheric shields, are very similar to Telos ming shields. They can withstand the cold space, and the heat of musfar. Though wading through river lava is out.
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Sabine Kurtass said:
Please hyperlink this to the approved company submission.

Sabine Kurtass said:
Weight: 1 ton
This is a bit heavy for its size, but not something that I'd insist that you change.

Sabine Kurtass said:
Armaments: Blaster options X- 31, Bold Rifle others may follow
Please list the wrist blasters and electro-shock grip here as well.

Sabine Kurtass said:
Atmospheric shields, which can defend against blasters
is that the same thing as a atmospheric friction shield? Or something else?

Sabine Kurtass said:
Proximity scanners, anything moves near them they will pick it up.
Do these sensors work against stealth technology/techniques? If so, how?

[member="Gir Quee"] edited all but shielding

I want it to protect the droid from extreme heat and cold, so they can fight on mustafar and on top of a spaceship in space.
Any advice is welcome
:)

Sabine Kurtass said:
Link still looks broken to me.

Sabine Kurtass said:
I want it to protect the droid from extreme heat and cold, so they can fight on mustafar and on top of a spaceship in space. Any advice is welcome

I'd probably use a Telos Mining Shield. It's not a license to blatantly ignore all environmental damage (like wading through Mustafar's lava rivers), but it should allow them to work pretty well in a variety of otherwise harsh environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom