Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship I.M.D Fury MkIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
500px-FurySchematics-TOR.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Classification: Personal Transport
  • Length: 100
  • Width: 88
  • Height: 33
  • Armament: Low
  • 4x Precision laser cannons
  • 4x Proton Rockets
  • Defenses: Average
  • Hangar: 0
  • Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
  • Speed Rating: Moderate
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Stygium cloak
  • Gravity Modulator
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Advanced Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
Strengths:
  • Stealth
  • highly maneuverable
  • Can do boarding action, on bigger capital ships
  • Strong hull
  • Weaknesses:
  • not very good against capital ships, in toe to toe combat
  • Faced with multiple star fighters, it could become overwhelmed
  • Shield is down, when stealth is up
Description: The Mark 3 Fury was redesigned by Independat Military Developers, as a home from home for sith. As it designed more like an apartment, for the sith and a few crew members, a maximum of ten and the sith themselves. The ten people who crew the ship for sith, are usually a cook, cleaner a pilot, mechanic and few marines who double up as gunners as well as a medic. This aloud the sith who resided here, to go about their business where ever it should take them.

Due to weaker fire power, against any assult class corvettes or bigger, it is simply not designed to win that fight.

Thanks to a cloaking field as well as gravity modulator, the ship was nearly impossible to spot. The biggest thing that could give it way, is the sith on boarded it, if some had ability to sense them. The power needed to power stealth field and the gravity modulator, meant the shields to protect the ship could not be activated, this meant the ship was a little more vulnerable, in stealth mode.

​Thanks to it good maneuverability and speed, it could take on fighters though they could still outmaneuver them. Though thanks to combination of hull plating and shields, standard fighter weapons had little impact. This allowed the ship to shoot them as they passed was made, though bombers did have some effect. However if faced with a concerted attack, by star fighters squadrons of two or more, then ship shields would soon become over run, and then it would just be the outer hull.

Though when came to capital ships, they where better at strafing them and possibly taking out the odd gun emplacement. Battlefield support role, was what it was best at. As it could landed inside some carriers, with a squadron count of over six. This boarding could be forced. allowing them to try to place a strike team aboard a ship.

Thanks to extremely strong outer hull, and good shields. It had good chance of surviving the battle as well.

[member="Darth Banshee"] - Having looked through your submission, there are a few issues that I’d like to address and clarify before I’d feel comfortable giving this the green stamp of approval.

It seems there’s a missing portion of the template, which appears to have been combined with the Affiliation line. Please remove the Limited portion from the Affiliation line and create a separate line underneath detailing the Production value of this vessel. I’d also recommend that Closed Market be applied in the Affiliation section, so only approved individuals may use this submission in Open RP.

However, while we’re on the subject of Production level, I feel as if this submission isn’t going to work at Limited. Please drop this to Semi-Unique.

For your Armament rating, I feel that what you’ve listed isn’t enough to warrant the Moderate rating. With the 4 Laser cannons and the 4 rockets, I feel as if Very Low would be more suitable for what’s listed. If you want this Corvette to be at the Moderate rating, I’d suggest fleshing out the gun count with a small selection of turbolasers, and various weapons of your choice. For example, I’d recommend using the CR90 or the CR92a as an example for a Moderate loadout.

For the Defences - I’ll have to ask that you remove the Advanced Deflector Shield Generator from the Special Features and list it under your Defences, as well as the Turadsteel Hull Plating. Also, I’ll have to ask that you up the rating to Moderate due to the inclusion of the Advanced Shield Generator.

With the Maneuverability Rating and Speed Rating being Very High, I just want to make sure that you’re aware that this is relative to the Corvette classification; meaning that vessels in the Starfighter classification will Outpace and Outmaneuver this starship. So, with the “Can dogfight” I feel like that’s not a genuine Strength and would request that it’s removed and replaced with something else.

Please add a Hyperlink to the Cloaking device article in the Special Features section, and please expand the corresponding strength to encompass what the Cloak can do; if you’re ambitious feel free to describe the process of how it’s able to cloak your vessel. For the Gravity Amplitude Modulator, this will have to be listed as a separate strength, and sadly doesn’t entirely negate Crystal Gravfield Traps, so that portion will have to be removed.

To balance this submission out, I will need two additional weaknesses to add onto the inability for this vessel to combat capital ships. As your armament is currently very low in comparison to other corvettes, I feel like an example weakness for this ship could be that it’s able to combat Starfighters - be can quickly be overwhelmed.

That’s all I have for you at the moment; please feel free to make any comments, questions or concerns and @mention me when you’ve completed the myriad edits.

[member="Darth Banshee"] - As we don't technically have 'Dev threads' anymore, this restricted mission thread is more of an acquisition-based affair which varies depending on the Judges reviewing a submission, and the quality and effort put into the thread by the submitter. So, if Limited is what you're after I can't quantify a set number of posts for you to complete the mission, I'd recommend fleshing out your thread with more posts until you're happy with the result and believe that the additional replies would permit a Limited rating.

When it comes to what I'd consider a Moderate armament, I'd say anything between 5-10 turbolasers with a missile tube or two, followed by a number of laser cannon turrets sprinkled across the hull. Please feel free to look at the vessels I've mentioned in my previous reply, as those are what I'd consider being a rough average/ moderate rating for Corvette's that are around 100m in length. (The CR-90 and the CR-92a.)

[member="Otto Shule"]

okay increased gun count, but decreased count to average, and increased defensive structure
decreased production, will do some other threads later to try and increase production.
added some more about star fighters, and did a little fleshing out on cloaking device.
Also linked stygium crystals

[member="Darth Banshee"] - Okay, thank you for making those edits, however, there are some small concerns I'd like to address before giving this the go ahead.

The first is the layout of the template itself. I need you to separate the Semi-Unique and Closed Market into two lines and have the Semi-Unique listed behind the "Production:" section. So it should look like this;

"... Affiliation: Closed-Market.
Production: Semi-Unique. ..."

The second, is your listed weapons are still what I'd perceive to be Very Low / Low. Since you've doubled the laser cannons, perhaps taking away the singular and most likely hardpoint mounted Proton rockets, and exchange them for Two Proton Torpedo tubes loaded with four torps per tube would suffice for an Average rating. If the Average rating is what you're going for, I'll have to ask that you lower the Speed rating to High to compensate for the larger loadout.

I'm afraid that the Forcing a Boarding isn't an acceptable strength, as to whether or not you can actually board an enemy vessel depends entirely on the person you're writing with/against. I'd also recommend removing that portion from your description as well.

Just for clarification's sake, what classification of Capital Ship do you believe that this vessel wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with? Would we by chance be talking about everything from Corvette's upward, or...? For expediency's sake, whatever the answer may be, I'd request that you add that little nugget of information into that particular weakness.

[member="Darth Banshee"]

If I took an example template:

Armament: Low
Defenses: Low
Hangar: 0 Squadrons
Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
Speed Rating: Moderate

If I balanced this for semi-unique it would look like:

Armament: Low
Defenses: Average
Hangar: 0 Squadrons
Maneuverability Rating: High
Speed Rating: High

Now I might permit more than this with some suitable weaknesses, but not with a Stygium cloak. Please change your ratings to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom