Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Don't Think the World is Sold (Moira)

[member="Moira Skaldi"]

"I'm sure she does have her uses, but however someone like that is useless to me and my works. They hold no place in scientific discovery." She said crispy.

Madeline watched and listened as Moira spoke of her safety and what would be guaranteed. "Then since all that is covered, and my government can be assured that their heir will return home safely then I have no reason left not to sign on." She said as she took a pen from her pocket and shifted through the papers signing her name where it was required. With all details covered, everything she felt tied up neatly, her own government could not have complaints on it. Her safety ensured, what did they have to complain about. After all should something happen to Madeline, the results following it would be undesirable for all. "I'm glad you are so understanding of my needs." She said with a smile as she came to the last page, signing her name neatly.

Carefully organizing the papers once more she tucked them neatly back into the folder and handed it back over to Moira. "You have yourself a first class scientist. In all due time you'll have the results you desire." She paused for only a moment, "The question that remains now, is when do we begin?"

[member="Madeline Kahoshi"]

"I understand that you have a genetics Q&A scheduled for tomorrow, yes? Assuming you have no engagements beyond it we can leave after, so as not to arouse suspicions. It is a complex project after all. I shall pick you up," Moira responded, accepting the folder and putting it back into her briefcase.

"I look forward to working with you, Doctor." In this she was genuine. Moira was quite capable of appreciating talent, despite being what most would probably consider a sociopath and a narcissist. She was just incapable of actually caring. If you stared into her eyes then they might be curious, but in their depths were nothing but a fathomless void. Some said that eyes were windows to the human soul, which admittedly was needlessly dramatic, but there was none to behold here.

[member="Moira Skaldi"]

"Yes, annoying panel, but this being a conference featuring the best and brightest of Coruscant, I always end up on at least one panel with at least one speech. This year, getting off easy as it's a five day event and only I am needed for the first two days." She smiled, actually happy about that. These conferences in front of her peers were just annoyances that needed to happen for new research opportunities to appear before her. And considering this brand new one before her, it was working out quite well if anyone was to ask her.

"Well, I will see you tomorrow afternoon then. I have no intentions to stay beyond the panel anyway." Yuri looked annoyed, but a glare ended that. What she was doing might have been a dangerous move but the Protectorate and Atrisia were not at war with one another so there was little to truly worry on. And if all went well it was unlikely that anyone beyond the research facility would even know she was there.

"Forgive me but I must retire for the evening. Sleep an unfortunate necessity that I just can't seem to get rid of." Still smiling, as she rarely did these days. "I look forward to our work together. It should be interesting certainly. See you tomorrow Miss Skaldi." She said as she rose and personally opened the hotel door, to let her guest out. "The panel is at noon, should run for about two hours. So I figure, around four I should been done completely and have escaped all the after questions and people wishing to speak with me privately."

[member="Madeline Kahoshi"]

The minion looked annoyed but Moira paid no attention to him. Presently the Protectorate and the Atrisian Empire - if this writer has the timeline correct, this thread would occur prior to the name change - were not at war. Of course, Moira would not be surprised if at some point the Ithorian Treaty did attempt an invasion, but presently nothing had happened. More to the point, she found herself not caring much. Allegiances were fleeting, temporary and she was doing this just as much for herself as for the Protectorate.

Probably more for herself. "Likewise. A pleasure. I wish you a good sleep, Doctor," she said politely as she departed, noting the polite gesture as the princess personally opened the door for her. Sleep. When she had last slept herself? Somehow she found that she was never really tired. Whenever she found herself questioning this state of things it seemed like her mind switched back to whatever pressing matter was at hand. But then Moira seldom questioned anything she did and the opinions of others mattered not to her.

"Until tomorrow, Doctor," with those words she walked out of the room and would depart from the hotel. Calls had to be made, she had to check the progress already made at the research facility. Of course, her minions knew the price of being behind schedule with their preparations. Moira might not be allowed to purge them, but she had ways to make their life very unpleasant for them if they failed to meet expectations. There was also a memo for the Lady Protector that needed completing, but that should be easily accomplished.

And so soon it was the dawn of a new day, the Princess would have had her beauty sleep and once the panel was done they could go and do fun things. Like experiment on murderous, flesh-eating monsters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom