Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech I. Assault. U. Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To resubmit and redesign my original idea of armor as close to Mandalorian Iron without actually using Mandalorian Iron http://starwarsrp.net/topic/18178-akovin-armor/
Development Thread: Raid on Roche (Ultrachrome objective, plowed through hundreds of droids and fought an unknown prototype mining droid with two-three unaffiliated characters, and escaped with some loot with most of the paths cleared and a map to boot)
Manufacturer: Akovin Stock Co.
Model: I. Assault U. Armor
Affiliation: Triam Akovin
Modularity: Yes (plate armor arrangement/replacement, add-on's, etc.)
Production: Unique
Material: Ultrachrome, and various common metal materials such as Durasteel; as well as a cloth cloak, though that is technically separate.
Description: The I. Assault U. Armor (Indomitable Assault Ultrachrome Armor) isn't any more complicated than it sounds. It is specifically armor intended for combat situations, and made of Ultrachrome. The armor consists of segmented ultrachrome, a lightsaber resistant material that has the weakness of melting all at once when enough energy is applied. These properties are well known, and to combat this weakness, as much as she could, she plated the Ultrachrome in order to ensure the integrity of the armor, this though also posed the weakness of a saber slipping through the chinks in the armor. She hides these targets with over-clothes, and in some cases additional armor.

The major strength of this armor is quite obviously its effective resistance against lightsabers and blasters, along with a light weight extreme durability. A major weakness however is that it has many exposed regions where if enough energy is applied to the ultrachrome, it could quickly heat an entire segment of armor, eventually to the point of melting. Additionally, due to how the helmet is made (made to retract mechanically) it has various points that could fail to protect the head as intended.

Classification: Anti-Blaster, and Anti-Lightsaber
Weight: 8 Kg
Quality: Ultrachrome=5 blaster and 7 lightsaber, All else= 3 blaster and 0 lightsaber
Other Feature(s): On the back is a built in back pack, that can also house the collapsible helmet which is mechanically brought back. It can hold up to 25 kilograms. Also, considering that the Kitty Kat Kurb Stomp Boots possible ailments to the knees and other parts of the leg, a minor hydraulic system connects the armor to the boots from the hips, to release stress taken in the knees.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Triam Akovin"] -

If you consult the Factory rules, you'll see that ultrachrome and phrik in one submission can't be approved. Please choose one.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Triam Akovin"] - Yes.

Also, do be a dear and find a name other than 'anti-death,' in order to protect you from future mockery at the hands of your enemies.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Triam Akovin"] - All right, let's take a look.

This is a pretty straightforward submission, all told. You haven't tried to cram in any bells and whistles, and I appreciate that. Segmented ultrachrome, image is clear, dev thread appears to be in order. I don't have any real problem with this and I especially don't see any real balance concerns. Approved pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom