Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hyperwave Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperwave Generator

a9c31c35e2e5ad61ce19d5d1e6ac7c53.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Design a Hyperspace Drive utilised primarily by Avali Voidcutters.
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Hyperdrive, Slave Circuit
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Hyperwave Generators are adaptable with an optimal operating speed of Class 3 Hyperdrives, and a maximum of Class 1 Hyperdrives. Naturally higher speeds take longer to spool and require significantly higher fuel consumption. Typically increasing the maximum speed from Class 3 to 2 consumes 1/3 more fuel, and increasing from Class 2 to Class 1 consumes 1/2 more fuel.
  • Spooling - Hyperwave Generators take time to gather the necessary Tachyon particles, depending on the desired speed and number of ships this can take a few hours or a couple of days.
  • Master/Slave - Hyperwave Generators fall into one of two categories. Masters are usually the most powerful Hyperwave Generators in a particular fleet and have remote access to any 'slave' Hyperwave Generators. Generally, the Master controls Navigation while Slaves provide supplementary power necessary to achieve higher Speeds.
STRENGTHS
  • Tachyon Wave - When charged and activated the Hyperwave Generator produces a wave of Tachyon particles enabling Hyperspace travel. Sufficiently powerful Hyperwave Generators, such as those equipped on Teocalli Class Capital ships can command a dozen or so ships into Hyperspace.
  • Power Efficient - While fuel consumption is far higher than traditional Hyperdrives the actual power necessary to trigger a jump is far lower. This allows ships to have greater flexibility when it comes to power consumption.
  • Move as One - Ships arrive at their destination simultaneously, preventing ships from becoming separated from the Migrant Fleet or exposed.
  • Roads less Travelled - Hyperwave Generators aren't confined to the usual Hyperspace routes known in the Galaxy, however doing so does take significantly longer as Celestial Bodies and other dangerous anomalies must be accounted for, meaning a trip that could take hours may become days or even weeks depending upon distance.
  • Hyperspace Shadow - The produced wave can help conceal a fleet or ship's size making it sometimes difficult to accurately identify a particular fleet's composition. Similarly, singular ships may be mistaken for larger vessels.
WEAKNESSES

• Fuel Expiry - Nouverian is difficult to work with, and must be carefully maintained for the Drive to function, if damaged these systems can fail and prevent the Drive from functioning until replacements are found.
  • Exotic Fuel - Outside the Avali System of Xak Tharakus it can be difficult to find reliable sources of Nouverian Crystals that haven't been removed or made inert by local governments.
  • Indiction Fields - Interdiction Fields still affect Hyperwave Generators triggering safety features or confusing Master Hyperwave Generators. This premature break will cause minor damage due to stress exerted upon Starship hulls. However, they may be surprised to find several ships dropping from Hyperspace rather than a singular individual craft or a smaller craft than they were originally expecting.
  • Hyperspace Shadow - It's quite easy to detect the activation of this Drive a couple of systems away, usually being detected as a sudden burst of Tachyon particles not dissimilar to a Hyperdrive activation. This means it is relatively easy to track a fleet's movement through hyperspace.
  • Proportional Speed - Reaching maximum speed requires a significantly larger fleets. Meaning smaller fleets are restricted to 2.0~3.0 Rating.
  • Master/Slave Verification - For the Drive to function properly it must be equipped with a Hyperwave Generator and functioning either as a Slave connected to a Master, or vice versa. This prevents the generator from accidentally dragging other shops into Hyperspace.

DESCRIPTION

The Hyperwave Generator is a type of Hyperdrive known to be the preferred method of interstellar travel for Avali Migrant Fleets and is typically equipped to their larger Capital ships such as the Teocalli Class which was designed specifically for that purpose and equipped with a Master Drive. The engine functions by releasing a sudden and large detonation of Tachyon particles creating a wave of energy that carries nearby slaved ships into Hyperspace. This process can take days or sometimes months depending upon the desired destination and several other factors.

While traditional Hyperdrives are more reliable with easy access to fuel sources, the Avali favour the Hyperwave Generator for its predictability, freedom, and most importantly keeping the Migrant Fleet together. However, they recognise its flaws and continue to invest in researching possible solutions including attempted Hybrid engines with their most recent attempt being the Chico Science Ship.

Last edited:
Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul

Thank you for your patience, I'll be handling the review of this submission.

This is a really interesting submission, I do love when people put their own spin and flavour on technologies such as hyperdrive, however, there are a few issues that we need to look at before we can go forward.

Tachyon Wave - When charged and activated the Hyperwave Generator produces a wave of Tachyon particles that carry ships into Hyperspace. Sufficiently powerful Hyperwave Generators, such as those equipped on Teocalli Class Capital ships can carry a dozen or so ships into Hyperspace. This means not all ships within a fleet necessarily require access to Hyperdrives.

The ability to lift multiple ships into hyperspace is an issue since it doesn't just apply to allies, but also to enemies, which could be a problem in terms of balancing and use. In addition, to move in hyperspace you need a hyperdrive.

According to the wokie article on hyperspace:

It could only be accessed through molecular displacement, which was achieved by breaking the speed of light.

What I'd suggest is perhaps creating a hyperdrive that works in concert with one another to create this shift into hyperspace. Every ship in the fleet would need it, but it would allow them all to travel together in lockstep as the submissions is attempting to do.

Last edited:
Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul

Thank you for your patience, I'll be handling the review of this submission.

This is a really interesting submission, I do love when people put their own spin and flavour on technologies such as hyperdrive, however, there are a few issues that we need to look at before we can go forward.

The ability to lift multiple ships into hyperspace is an issue since it doesn't just apply to allies, but also to enemies, which could be a problem in terms of balancing and use. In addition, to move in hyperspace you need a hyperdrive.

According to the wokie article on hyperspace:

What I'd suggest is perhaps creating a hyperdrive that works in concert with one another to create this shift into hyperspace. Every ship in the fleet would need it, but it would allow them all to travel together in lockstep as the submissions is attempting to do.
Hi!

I appreciate your taking the time to review my submission and provide feedback. I will make changes within the next day and tag you once I've finished :).

Xitli Sacul Xitli Sacul

That's exactly what I was thinking, I love the idea of a slave-circuits being used to navigate a fleet.

If you could just adjust this strength to reflect these changes we should all be done.

Tachyon Wave - When charged and activated the Hyperwave Generator produces a wave of Tachyon particles that carry ships into Hyperspace. Sufficiently powerful Hyperwave Generators, such as those equipped on Teocalli Class Capital ships can carry a dozen or so ships into Hyperspace. This means not all ships within a fleet necessarily require access to Hyperdrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom