Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyperion Mining: Noble Intentions

@Countess Calum Teramo

Rygel Larraq stood casually in his office with has hands behind his back. Near him sat Talyn, his pet Vornskr. The beast slept soundly upon the floor, half of a gnawed bone within inches of his paws. Before Larraq was an active holodisplay, numbers and icons scrolling slowly from ceiling to floor as the the list of purchases and expenses of Mandal Hypernautics' last month taunted the CEO. From employee wages to starship components, to maintenance and equipment replacement all the way down to bribes and 'gifts', the list of expenses was extensive to say the least.

From Larraq's standpoint, the bottom line was simple enough to understand. Mandal Hypernautics might be turning a profit, but it would never be able to truly expand unless it found a way to clean house.

Larraq sighed and started the scrolling display over again. Trying not to blink, Larraq gazed at the hologram and tried to discern a pattern in their spending, oversights in contract choice, or an opportunity for military action and acquisitions.... But nothing was making itself apparent.

Larraq tried cross-referencing the gains of Mandal Hypernautics and contemplated consolodating their product catalog to reduce expenses in parts and supplies... But no option was presenting itself.

Giving up for the moment, Larraq turned his back on the display and returned to his desk where an empty glass and a bottle of whiskey awaited him. It was while he was pouring the amber liquid that he noticed a connection in the expenses...

Hyperion Mining had only managed to acquire 10% of the raw materials used by Mandal Hypernautics this quarter. Knowing exactly what changes had to be made, Larraq pressed the intercom button on his desk. "Fire the CEO of Hyperion Mining and put out a Now Hiring ad." Larraq said to his secretary. Somehow he'd need to revamp Hyperion Mining into something with a bit more to contribute to Mandal Hypernautics. He knew that the best was to invoke change was from the top down, so a new CEO for the company was where he would have to start.

Even then... It would take a years for Hyperion Mining to be able to support the entirety of Mandal Hypernautics. What he needed was another mining subsidiary to help carry the load.

Rygel Larraq sipped on his whiskey and flipped through the stock market as he searched for a new company to buy out and waited for his secretary to line up the applicants for the newly available CEO position.

Countess ship landed, it was still a bit before the ramp lowered. Standing on the top was two of her royal guards behind them was Countess Calum. Moving down the ramp stopping as both guard open up for their Lady. Each having a helmet, with the House of Teramo Emblem. Speaking to both of them before she left without them. It that she didn't want to leave but in this cause needed be this way. Flowing along as she did herself, with a long green velvet dress with gold term.
green-velvet-medieval-gothic-dress.jpg

Coming up the stairs, entering the building, as she did so, coming to where there was a young lady sitting at a desk, as it was she had already sent all her credentials before hand including some fresh ideas. Coming to stop in front of this plain looking one in front of her. Everyone seems to her to be plain under her, was this something she always seem to give off. For now it was as it was something of her nature. Being born to wealth, but also what went on behind closed doors was a different story. It only goes to show not all what it seem with this young Countess that one day would be the Head of her Teramo House. Her father the Count was still alive so now it was up to show him that she could do something with out her and earn something for herself. Greetings, I'm here to see @[member="Captain Larraq"] for an 1400 interview, please Miss..looking for a name plate not seeing one. Tell Mr. Larraq that Countess Calum of House Teramo is here. After being wave to a waiting chair, she let herself sitting with her back straight as she smoothed out her gown.

Taking a few easy breaths before letting them down. After this was the first time she didn't have either her hand madans with her or royal guards. If her father knew what she was doing it would set to pretty with him. The head of her personal guards understand what she was trying to do. Not all of it but most of it, his two oldest daughters being her hand madins. Looking at all the fixing on the walls seeing that there was a large screens with numbers rolling, along with this came names some of the business she knew very will as her House family traded with them or they had seek there wealth for one reason or another.

(OOC: sorry it took me so long to get to this, Life's been... chaotic this past month.)

Rygel Larraq sat at his desk in his typical uniform. Talyn, his pet Vornskr sat to the left of his desk, facing the door. The stains from numerous cups of coffee and pile of cigarette corpses had been cleaned from his desk and the room freshened with the scent of desert flowers native to Sundari. He and his office had been prepared ahead of time to receive the applicants for the business opportunities he found himself supplying. And while the list of applicant and appointment times had been provided for him and reviewed well ahead of time, it was not until [member="Countess Calum Teramo"] actually arrived in the building that he became aware of the status of his guest.

Larraq was not overly key on the idea of nobility. While bloodlines and family were important traditions to Mandalorians, Larraq shared the view of many of his kin that an individuals status was dictated by their actions and accomplishments, not by the blood in their veins or the name of their Father. Mandalorians cared little for the previous generation and would give everything for the next. It was simply a part of who they were, and it was an ideology that Larraq was a part of.

Even so, Larraq understood the importance of status and the potential asset such an individual could be when dealing with those outside of Mandalorian borders. As such, Larraq had given instructions for his best bottle of whine to be brought to his office for the meeting. By the time the woman had ascended the building and awaited Rygel Larraq outside of his office, everything within the office had been prepared for her.

The Mandal Hypernautics secretary smiled at the countess and told her that Mr Larraq is waiting for her. With the push of a button, the thick, ornate wooden doors of Larraq's office opened and Larraq stood at the front of his desk. "Welcome [member="Countess Calum Teramo"]. Let's get right to it then, shall we?" Larraq said as he smiled at the woman and motioned towards a large chair in front of his desk.

What was it about the Countess that made her stand out her red wavy flowing hair, the gown of fine silk or was it maybe something more mysterious. One had to be also asking the question as to why she would want an job outside of her House Teramo it wasn't like she was hurting for money. Now something more was at stake. It was to looking she wore when finally being called upon to that [member="Captain Larraq"] would see her. Coming to stand, they with all her deity she flow into his office. First bowing slightly, before Taking a seat.

The chair was very much one of great quality nothing seem to be spare for this room. Taking her seat with her frame the chair folding around her, still she held a proper poster. First thing coming in was the smell of the room. Mr. Rygel Larraq, straight to the point, this I respect greatly. Her hands was folded neatly in her lap at the moment before getting started. As you can see from the resume that was sent to you early, I have had business dealing with working all aspect of business running. From working on the floor with the common people. Pausing to take a breath more so to gather her thoughts again to the fact when that happen, the house wasn't the most idea living sutuation, her mother was madder then a Hutt, her father on the other hand supported her fully. Even so didn't like the idea of her even being around the presents or rolling up her sleeves. It when boiled down to was her desirous they both knew when it came down to come hell or high water she would do it any way.

I'm sorry where was I ...Oh yes then there is my school you find that some of the finest school and trade schools to give me rounded education. Coming to the almost end as she lend forward to take the data pad, in her hand. Her mouth drop open, knowing what else was there with the training, she must read this over before letting her personal assistant sent. There was her other training, for which another not so wonderful disagreement, of her up bring, her father wanted her to be able to defend herself. Trying to hide her blushing I apologize for the last part, I had no idea my Assistant would put in the marksmanship. Speaking no more but thinking of the word which would be said to Marigold when got back to Serenno. I have told you, now what I have read about the job listen, is there anything that it would Intel that wasn't on the help wanted ad that went out, Sir. [member="Captain Larraq"]

Larraq sat impassively as he listened to the young woman make her case. He had reviewed her credentials long before her arrival here today. A common citizen of the galaxy or a low end businessman might find them impressive, but they were fairly standard for people like Rygel Larraq. Personally, he found the credentials to be a little on the light side. And while the marksman training might have seemed impressive or irreverent to the standard businessman, to Mandalorian businessmen a background in weapons proficiency was a required aspect of any education. After all, what use was a business partner that couldn't protect himself, let alone his assets. Anywhere else in the galaxy, her marksmanship would even be considered impressive. But this was Mandalore. Here, she was about as well-trained and threatening as a kitten.

Larraq took a sip from his glass of wine and smiled at the woman a bit as he responded to [member="Countess Calum Teramo"]. "It would appear your assistant is a bit more familiar with Mandalorians than you are. Here, even my secretary could pull out your sternum without breaking a nail. To be honest, I wouldn't have seen you today had your resume lacked any form of combat training. If anything, I'll be needing you to undergo some remedial combat and self-defense training before I could fully accept you into a position within this company." Larraq said as he tapped the keypad near his end of the desk and scrolled over her resume as he spoke. "It's a good application. Your credentials are extensive and your political contacts are adequate... By anyone else's standards. Here on this planet, and within Mandal Hypernautics, we expect a bit more."

"So" Larraq said, steepeling his fingers. "What do you have to offer this company that your resume isn't telling me?"

Lending forward taking a little sip herself saying nothing for the time, until she was back in a straight position again. Letting her eyes doing the talking for the time, before speaking in her voice of speech. Giving a long breath, ​Mister Larraq, This remedial combat and self-defense would you be doing the training yourself? I could use the brushing up. Sifting her hips in the chair reaching once again reaching for her wine glass to sip. fact being very trainable open to doing what needs to be done to benefit the growth of the company. , Offering balac to show my loyalty to show you, Aliit. Giving him a look as to using a word most wouldn't understand, letting her tap another sip. House of Teramo lands are in the the mountains of the planet to boost the company.

Looking him over some more as if deep in thought as to share. Then keeping her thoughts to herself, as even those she knew what was well hide in her layers of dress would stay until one could proved to be asset to the family secret. Shifting her legs once more as she though some more to smile at him in a manner. [member="Captain Larraq"]

Larraq sat impassively in his chair and watched the woman flutter her eyelashes, cross and uncross her legs, and smile like a little girl trying to play coy. Larraq had seen other such displays by young women who thought themselves seductive. Women that had thought that all they had to do was show a little thigh and Larraq would open his wallet to them.

“I am far to busy a man to personally train an Aruetii.” Larraq said flatly as he absently shuffled some papers on his desk. “You will be receive one on one training by a member of Hyperion Security, or you'll spend a week at Clan Dem'adas's Naval Acadamy on Mandalore.”

Larraq chose to ignore her attempt at flirtation. Subservient and well-trained women were an Atrisian fetish. Mandalorians wanted their women wild and strong. “A willingness to do whatever is needed for the company is a requirement that goes without saying. What interests me is that you think offering up the lands owned by House Teramo is an incentive for me to choose you to run one of my companies.” Larraq said as pulled up a list of active Hyperion Mining facilities throughout Mandalorian space.

“We've already got dozens of productive mines on a number of worlds. Many of which with resources Serenno could never hope to match.” Larraq said as he turned to look over the holodisplay himself. “If anything, how you manage a mining facility on Serenno would be your final test. If you want this job, you must open a mine of your own and prove that you can effectively manage an operation of such a scale.”

[member="Countess Calum Teramo"]

As if the words sunk into her face draining of all color. Only to regain herself before could see, knowing that would have to choose her words, more wisely. Giving away to the fact calling her an outside, nodding to this. Which training would give me the most complete training you wanting.

Fair enough, " Letting herself shift a bit more before folding her hands upon each other in her hands. Listening but also seeing all the cam e up on the glass screen. Happening to catch a her task would have to do. Knowing this had to be a start point. Already in her mind forming what need to be put into play, getting the men power would be hard, finding that with all those under her would be a good. It was finding a manger would be the task given to her. Those where hard to come by in her book, looking at everything but most importantly someone that could be trusted on House Tamero lands.
[member="Captain Larraq"]

"While I normally recommend organized training at an academy, somehow I feel that a personal tutor would serve you better." Larraq said as he looked the woman over. "I can give you funding and supplies to help get things off the ground. A few hundred mining and labor droids and a few dozen pieces of mining equipment will get you started."

Tactfully sipping at the expensive wine, Larraq continued. "Obviously, the first thing you'll need to do is find a surveyor. After that... Well... What you do and how you do it from there on in is what I'm interested in. For now though, do you have any further questions"

[member="Countess Calum Teramo"]

Looking him over as thought deeply coming to the conclusion that there wasn't, " No I don't think so, you will not be disappointed" Reaching again for the glass that was place in front of her on is desk, bring it back for her to take another sip. "I'll like to start my training right way, [member="Captain Larraq"]. " Knowing that she could use the different style of training. Putting down her glass which would be next be and hand shake before getting up. "It was a pleasure to met you, and this opportuny to interview for this position in your company."

Larraq stood and took the woman's hand in his own and gave it a firm, friendly shake. Not the death-grip that some Vod enjoyed giving one another to confirm their manliness, but one of genuine welcome. "I look forward to seeing what you can accomplish here with us." Larraq said to her before watching her leave. Hopefully, this woman would be just the tool he needs to further his goals and advance his company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom