Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunting upon the Sands

Knight Farmanus

"The Old times have ended, now I begin anew"
[member="Cylus Jest"]​
_________________________________________________________________________________
The sands of Geonosis swirled through the dusty air, sending grains of sand within every direction, spraying over the ground. The wind blew harder and lifted more sound upwards into the air spreading it through the air to land once again back upon the ground. Hot air pounded upon the ground with the loud clangs and clicks of a black landing shuttle as landing clamps extended outwards and buried themselves into the sand, trying to find firm grip holds. A ramp extended outwards from the back of the shuttle and it clamped with a soft thud onto the soft and grainy sand. A armored figure walked out of the shuttle, clad in thick medieval looking armor and a helmet with antlers extending outwards from it. The figure took off the helmet and held it under his free right hand and then he brought up his left hand and knocked some hair out of his eyes. Upon his back lased a small assortment of weapons, a crossbow, a sword and a wrapped up rope with a hook at the end. At his sides were two hatches and a strap lased across his chest and shoulder filled with some steel bolts and attached to his belt was a small vial of poison to dip his weapons in. Farmanus's cape flayed out behind him due to the heavy and dusty wind of Geonosis.

Cylus Jest

Servant of the Inquisition
Entering a planet's atmosphere was always a little harder than just flying through space. Especially with a dusty atmosphere like Geonosis. The Lambda shuttle shook slightly as it roumded about, circling another shuttle far below before coming in for a landing beside it.

Cylus was curious as to who else was out here. Perhaps they were here to hunt as well. That would be good.
He stepped out of the shuttle as it gave a mechanical hiss, bowing his head and flicking his hat to the other figure.
"Good greetings, I am Cylus, who are you?" He asked, his eyes locked coldly on him.
[member="Knight Farmanus"]

Knight Farmanus

[member="Cylus Jest"]
Farmnaus turns around suddenly and stares towards Cylus. He keeps his helmet tucked under his arm but rests his free left hand upon the hilt of his thin but strong sword. He swallows deeply before responding.
"I'm Farmanus, founder of the Soon-to-be Templar Order."
He still didn't know who he was or if he was trustable but for the moment, Farmanus trusted him, he released his grip on his sword and then looked outwards, away from the view of Cylus. He looks towards the ground before speaking again, still staring back down at the ground near him and at it extending outward, something or someone was recently here.
"An Acklay recently came through her roughly_'
He kneels down and scoops up a handful of sand in a indention within the sandy ground. He the stands back up before speaking again.
"_it passed through here roughly__twenty-six minutes ago"

Cylus Jest

That was interesting, acklays were not indigenous to Geonosis, that meant it had escaped an arena. Did Acklays hold anything of value? Perhaps their skin would make a fine cloak.

This stranger was a fine tracker, probably a rim worlder based on his sort of primitive gear.
"You hunt as well then. Perhaps we may hunt together and share the spoils?" He asked courteously, acklays were large game to go after alone.

Knight Farmanus

[member="Cylus Jest"]
"I guess so. I don't have a choice do I. Will, let's go.....don't use any means of travel except walking, it could alert the Acklay to out presence once we get close enough."
Farmanus put his helmet back on and walks off, following the footprints. It wasn't the first time he went on a hunt with a outsider to his people but it was one of the few. Most of the time his hunting partner would get wounded and Farmanus would of course, take out the creature. He looked to his left and caught a glimpse of a thin white feline creature before it ducked behind a sand dune. Farmanus assumed it must have been some type of predator, but of what sort, he didn't know. Farmanus reached his hand back and pulled a long barreled rifle from his back. He took a high-zoom scope from a bag slinged over his shoulder and he fastened it to the top of the rifle and then clicked a glass and metal piece into place and then loaded up some steel armor-piercing bullets into the rifle. Sure, a rifle was louder then a crossbow but it did pack more of a punch and could probably pierce a Acklay's hide easier than by using a Crossbow.

Cylus Jest

Cylus stopped moving as the man looked at a small group of rocks, he didn't see anything of interest for a few moments until he saw the flicker of an animal, of what kind he could not tell.

Perhaps it was simply a scared prey animal, although it was just as likely that it was a stalking predator, and nothing like that was ever good to have behind your back.

His hand moved through his cloak, grasping around the E-11 he kept under it and removing it from it's hiding place. He checked that it was in good condition and loaded before aiming it towards the rocks and nodding to the other man.
"Any idea what it is?" He asked firmly and without much feeling.

Knight Farmanus

[member="Cylus Jest"]
"It must be a predatory feline creature of some sort by the way the color of it's skin looked. Not native to this planet so it must have been a Nexu. I heard those make remarkable pelt capes and other objects crafted from it's pelt and claws."
Farmanus threw the barrel of his rifle over his shoulder and then held it in one hand tightly, so that it would both be quickly accessible and not fall on the ground. With his free hand he drew out a iron dagger with a ornate design running down the handle, the blade part had a few scratches across it along with dried blood but for the most part it was sharpened to it's maximum to inflict the most damage. He holds it tightly with the blade facing behind him so that he could draw up the blade in one swift motion and dig it deep within a enemy. Farmanus walked over the sandy hill, sand spraying across his armor as a large draft of sandy wind whizzed through the air. Farmanus tasted the air with his tongue for a hint of the weather. Within a few seconds he knew it, a sandstorm might be coming due to how sandy and how powerful the winds were.

Cylus Jest

Cylus simply shook his head once as the strange fellow put away his ranged weapon and drew forth a dagger of some sort. Perhaps he hadn't heard, the greater weapons of humanity were those which had been forged...for example, blasters.

Maybe it was simply part of his culture, maybe it was a cultural thing to act like a fool and take out a weapon which equaled in strength to only one claw of a beast which had many and many times the ferocity in combat. Perhaps...but that wasn't how Cylus liked to play things, he much preferred technology. Still, if this fellow wanted to fight like that he wouldn't object.

He leveled out his E-11, watching the rocks with it for a sign of movement which would indicate the other man was being mauled to death.

Knight Farmanus

[member="Cylus Jest"]
Farmanus strapped the rifle to his shoulder to stop it from falling upon the ground. He walked over to the rocks where he saw the strange white creature and tightened his grip upon the Dagger. Out of nowhere, a Nexu pounced upon him which was strange. Usually it would taunt and tease it's prey but this was different, it must be desperate for food for it to act so strange from it's natural behavior. Farmanus was thrown to the ground wile the Nexu climbed onto him which gave Farmanus the opening he needed. He stabbed the knife into the side of the neck of the Nexu causing it to scamper away from Farmanus with blood leaking from the creature's neck where it was stabbed. Since the knife was buried into the neck it would stop major blood loss but it would weaken the creature more. Farmanus pulled a machete from his belt but this was longer and sharper than the knife. Farmanus ran towards the Nexu and then it ran towards Farmanus in response, Farmanus threw his helmet off and onto the sandy ground. The Nexu stroke at Farmanus causing a large clawed gash to appear upon his face, in response Farmanus stabbed the machete repeatably into the Nexu's chest and then into it's eye killing it. Farmanus pushed the dead creature off of him and stood up to access his damage. He pulled the knife from the creature's neck and flicked it easily and then sheathed it, he struck his machete back in it's sheathe.
"It's Dead, I always loved fighting Nexu back in the Arena's....but do I have the scars from it..."

Cylus Jest

Cylus watched the little skirmish quietly, looking for opening to use his E-11 to support the fellow whom he had just met. They both fought like beasts, moving so rapidly that even he had trouble seeing where blows were landing upon them.

Finally he watched as the machete glided through the air and landed with a slight thunk of flesh in the creature's eye, downing it an instant later and send a fair amount of blood onto the blade and the ground. He couldn't help but give a quiet clap as he put away the E-11.
"You must have been a very good arena combatant indeed, where are you from?" He asked curiously as he shifted his gaze to the corpse.

Knight Farmanus

[member="Cylus Jest"]
"Will, I'm from the planet Zeus...if you haven't heard of it here"
Farmanus gave Cylus a datapad holding the information on his homeworld. Farmanus wiped some blood off of his chest and face while taking the knife from the neck of the Dead Nexu. Farmanus walked back over to his fallen helmet and picked it up and strapped it to a strap on his belt. Farmanus wiped blood from his armor and walked over to the dead Nexu. Farmanus knelled down to the Nexu and laid a hand upon it's head and closed it's eyes and began to chant something under his breath.
"Oh, Nexu return to your creator....your founder, return to Raxius and then you can reborn"

Cylus Jest

Cylus tilted his head in a vaguely curious motion before accepting the datapad and scrolling through it. There was a world, one with a rich history of events. Sort of like every single other inhabited world that had ever existed. Still, it was good to know where people were from and what they were planning on doing and why they had left.

Speaking of which, this didn't quite explain why this fellow had left his homeworld. "What made you leave Zeus and begin to travel the galaxy?" He asked simply, not wanting to try and beat around the bush with eloquent wording and fanciful guessing.

Knight Farmanus

[member="Cylus Jest"]
(( Sorry been using my other rp accounts ))
"I needed to get away from being prince and just live life on the edge, will of course my dad always checks on me every now and then........also do you want anything from this Nexu?"
Farmanus stood up from the dead and grabbed a rag to wash his hands off from the thick gooey and red blood of the Nexu. He then threw the bloody rag to the ground while wiping some sand off of his eyebrow before taking out his sword and begging to sharpen it with a wetstone. Farmanus didn't talk much about him being royallty, it would always drag too much attention......attention he didn't want or need....ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom