Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunting on Trandosha

Trandosha...

This was not the sort of place that Triam Akovin would normally expect to be. As a businesswoman, she often found her in places that were not of particular interest to her. Especially since it was filled with a bunch of lizard breathes. However, she had gotten some info from a contact that there was a pretty good trandoshan for machines... and a second hand wouldn't be too bad a thing to have.

So she landed in the spaceport of Hsskhor, and awaited for something interesting to happen. Along for the ride, she had a simple humanoid droid in a poncho and a cowboy hat, which carried some of her other gear. However, Triam was armed to the teeth, as always, but had no real intention of using any of her gear for battle. Though, it was probably a good thing she was armed, given the powerful nature of the Trandoshans. She'd need a lot of protection as a pink soft skin.

Hopefully she would be able to meet with one @Chacku-Kirshan

Chacku waits at the port. He stands patiently, staring at the ground. He murmurs to himself, thinking over some important details of a project he is working. Every now and then he looks up to check the time.

Triam stands at the spaceport for a bit, trying to distinguish an individual out of all of the Trandoshans. It was difficult, considering that they all looked the same to her, but given the seemingly smaller and more intellectual nature of the lizard she was looking for, eventually she would have to find the right one. She held out a hologram in her palm to cross reference the features of the alien, and eventually she came across a trandoshan that was mumbling something to himself.

"You there, I'm Triam Akovin. I'm looking for someone by the name of," She quickly glanced at the hologram, "Chacku-Kirshan. You all look the same to me, not being speciest or or anything. Do you happen to know of him?" She asked.

[member="Chacku-Krishan"]

"That would be I. I've been anticipating your arrival for some time now, of course, this planet does little to entertain me." He smirks a little, and lets out a quiet chuckle. "Forgive me, I do not wish to bore you with my words. Let me guide you to my workshop. I believe that you may find at least one things of interest" He turns around and walks at a slow, comfortable pace, hiding his eagerness to leave the port.

[member="Triam Akovin"]

Triam smiled under her helmet to find that her search for the lizard was finally over, and nodded in approval at the mention of his workshop. This was a good thing, to finally see just how adept at his craft the reptile was. Hopefully, he would be interested in making money. At any rate, she put her holographic projector back into her belt and followed him at his own slow comfortable pace. Until they reached his place... which looked to be an overblow garage.

"Well, I guess we all have to start somewhere..." She said out loud as the bay doors were being opened, to reveal the dark damp mess of a workshop. She thought on it again, and remembered that her ship wasn't in any better condition, so she sort of chuckled to herself.

"So this is your workshop then?" She asked the obvious question.

"Yes. I like everything out in the open, so I don't have to go digging around in boxes for a part I need. I'll trying to come up with a new system to keep track of everything, so I'll tidy it up once I get that done. But I digress, would you like to look around?" He walks around, tightening loose bolts, screws, etc. and repositioning everything that he had missed before.

[member="Chacku-Krishan"]'s workshop was certainly impressive, though she couldn't really tell what was going on in it. It appeared as if a huge tornado had suddenly washed through the place, picking up mechanical debris and deposited it everywhere in the room. The mention of designing a new system was fairly interesting to her, but decided it was probably a conversation for another time.

"I'd love that. Show me around, pick out some of your favorite... things, and tell me how they work, etc. etc. If you wanted, I might be able to show you some stuff that I can do. Feel free to tell me about yourself as well, I'm all ears." She retracted her helmet back into her armor, so that she could take everything in with her own eyes.

Her hand reached down to pick something up and examine it up close.

"Feel free to check out whatever you like, just don't pull anything that looks like a trigger. A lot of the weapons and such have not been tested, or are unpredictable." He looks around for a minute, and finds that [member="Triam Akovin"] is holding what he was looking for. "Ah yes, that is my most recent project. I'm developing a small blaster that can also function as a heat based tool, such as plasma cutters, soldering irons etc. The weapon component works very well right now, but the tool's output is still too high for any other practical use." He picks up a small rifle-like weapon and examines it closely. He adjusts some of the screws and bolts before adjusting the sights.

Triam was fairly impressed by the prospect of creating a hybridization of a multi-tool and a standard blaster. Conceivably, it was be quite useful if put in reverse, by making a multi-tool that had a blaster function. It would be quite concealable, but the concept on its own was very handy.

"That's is a very interesting prospect. Have you ever considered perhaps going in reverse? You may find it easier to take a tool's output, and increasing its output for the weapon function, though you probably know more about blasters than I do."

Triam set the thing down, and looked over to the Trandoshan.

"What are you working on there?"

"This is just a standard blaster rifle. I find that I like homemade things better than the ones you can buy. It's nothing that special, though I have made it more comfortable for my hand and body shape" He puts the tools down and slides the sling of the weapon over his shoulder, brandishing the weapon on his chest. "It's good for dealing with the occasional.... unwelcome guest, shall we say... that decides to show up" He squints, and stares forward, recalling past intrusions.

"I myself only trust my own gear, though sometimes it is beneficial to look for the ingenuities of others." She said recalling as she remembered her Bodo Baas Gunblet, a semi-mystical item, with so many pockets it literally could contain more items in it than she remembered placing in it. It certainly became advantageous for her to wear in a firefight, as she stored copies of all of her ammunition there in its safe place.

However, she was brought back to the conversation as it seemed to take a slightly darker turn.

"I take it then, that you may have some enemies here?" She could certainly see why, given that this Trandoshan seemed to be far more intelligent than his brethren, and as she spent more time around him discovered his more nimble features. It likely made him look weak, prompting their aggression... or something. Other than though, just the prospect of stealing his creations, may be enough to have some intrude in on his privacy.

"My, um, "brethren" are not too fond of me. I am an outcast from their conventions. And wookies make no distinction with that, so I have still have to worry about them. Also, some other tinkers are not too honest with the way they retrieve materials. But this weapons keeps them at bay" He loosens the strap and walks to the door. "Would you like to try any of these weapons?"

"Certainly I would. Do you have any suggestions for one I should try out first?" She asked enthusiastically, as the prospect of new technology was always intriguing, even if simple and mundane. She looked around at the selection of choices she could take with them. Then she started to hatch an idea, since they were going to be firing guns.

"I'm always for some sport. I know that you aren't like the rest of your kind, but do you still harken to that... religion? With the Scorekeeper and all that? Personally, I like to gamble. So if we're going to be shooting guns anyway, how's about we have a friendly contest, eh?" She smiled broadly.

"Sure, why not?" He smirks. "Pick anything from the wall over there. Those are the most reliable. So, what's the contest, and what's the price?"
He checks over his weapon, looking for any imperfections that could destroy his chances at victory. While the gambling aspect meant little to him, he appreciate a competition.

"I'm thinking that we should go shooting some big game, see who's the better marksmen. We could make a simple wager, how about... a thousand credits says that I'm better?" She said, as she finally decided on some sort of rifle. It was relatively light and compact, and it looked accurate. She was a fair marksmen, though admittedly her specialty was more in close quarters combat with Jedi and Sith, her equipment specially designed to take care of them, and it worked most of the time too. The best in the galaxy perhaps.

She figured that the Trandoshan was likely to best her, but she didn't mind. She had a bit of money to spare, especially on such a small wager.

[member="Chacku-Krishan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom