Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt to the Death

ReTRAKKS

ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ
ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴄɪᴘᴀɴᴛs - [member="Chase Spiros"] & @Gav Arwell

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▬▬▬▬ sᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ▬▬▬▬▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Ylesia; a tropical world consisting of three small continents. Upon one of the three, and near the ocean, a part of the jungles are inhabited by two hunters, which both are present for the same thing: to hunt. Though they do not know another is in the area, they do know that there is game to be hunted. Or is there?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▬▬▬▬ ᴀ ʜᴜɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ▬▬▬▬▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The sounds of the jungle's natural life inhabitants filled Gav Juniper Arwell's ears, in which was a good tool for hunting. Sounds could tell someone if there's prey nearby, or if they've alerted them. Those sounds could be easily identified, and she'd heard both sounds in the last few hours of her silent hunt. Since she'd left Grieak, which had been many months ago, Gav hadn't been able to hunt- due to being cooped up in a metal box that could fly. Gav didn't understand those who've lived around such environment. How did they exercise? How did they manage to keep their mental states sane and satisfied? It was a question that would remain without an answer.

Gav's fingertips brushed along the grips of her bow, in which an arrow rested on its string and metal base. The weapon was something she'd dragged out of her father's things before she'd left Grieak, in which she assumed it was her father's secondary weapon- next to the lightsaber in which she called her own. The set fit almost like a glove, which was kinda weird in a way. The bow wasn't a glove- so it couldn't possibly fit. She'd heard the captain say the phrase while in the star ship, which he had explained to her why it made sense. Though, she didn't see it as a very logical statement. 'It's a saying, it ain't suppose literally mean 'it fits like a glove'. It's just a way of saying an object feels right, and works perfectly amongst it's first uses.'

Ya, totally makes sense.

Shaking the thoughts from her mind, Gav snapped back to what she was currently doing. Hanging onto the past was bad, and caused bad things. 'Moarning causes distractions.'

The old saying from her tribe hung in the air, which aggravated Gav quite a lot. When she talked, she used the same wisdomful sayings and words to correct someone, or she'd try to explain why something doesn't make sense, even around those who think she's crazy. But she wasn't, pretty level headed actually. What they needed to understand was- well- inexperience with space people.

Sitting in silence on her branch, which was leveled with the forest canopy, Gav moved her eyes downward, looking to see if she could kill anything. Gav remained silent, using her dull hazel eyes to spot anything that moved.

Ah, Ylesia. I remember the first time I had been here, when I was 18 and father was trying to entertain some of his business partners with a little hunt for Reeks. Not my first hunt, but one of the more memorable ones as I had to save Father's friend when he froze up at the ideal moment to shoot. To this day I don't see why he was so hesitant, not like the Reek wasn't going to run him down if he didn't shoot. *sigh* Those were the days. But this was today. And today I was trying to find another Reek to add to my trophy collection.
The previous one I'd shot we only took the horns. I was intending to get a nice head to mount on the wall. That would make for a nice piece to put in the den back home. I had landed on my personal ship but left it a ways back, guarded by my droid "Benny". Of course he'd insisted to come along for the hunt but I had to remind him over and over how he needed to stay with the ship while I was out and about. He always was ever the nanny for me, ever since I was little too. At least he'd be able to warn her about anything at the ship, and she would have someone to contact if things got dicey out here.
I went deep into the jungle, armed with mainly my hunting blaster made for taking down large animals. Along with that I had a smaller pistol, a dagger, and even a handful of grenades. Just in case. *chuckles* I'd found tracks earlier on leading me deeper into the jungle to find the Reeks that made them. Sure enough, after an hour or so of tracking, I found them.
A small family pack of about 6, including 2 calves. I ducked close enough before seeing the males, including the buck. A nice healthy looking boy that had horns and fine and sharp as the Alpha. I'd have taken him but even I knew the pack would need the Alpha to survive, and I was that cruel. I waited and lined my shot. I was going to get one chance before the heard would be spooked. Getting hi right in my sight I waited. And then...
[member="Gav Arwell"]

ReTRAKKS

ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ
After about a few minutes of silence, A series of Reeks- wild ones- made there way into the brush. She brushed her eyes alongst each one, deciding which she would prey on. Two were calves, which they were out of the question. She slimmed down her choices to the four: two females and two males. Judging by structures and size, one was old and withered, while the other was strong and mighty. Seeing how the young one still had a life- unlike her- she decided the old one would be her target.

Silently, Gav raised her bow and arrow to shoot the male. Though, this was when she noticed another hunteress in the underbrush, targeting the male. Alarm and surprise filled her mind, causing her to change targets and go for the male. She would not allow one to kill something with potential, which was something that still hung from Grieak. It was wrong, to kill something with a life ahead. That was why one would kill the old prey, the ones that had lived a long life.

​Releasing the duralium headed arrow, the non artillery weapon rushed from the bow and into the air, crossing the other hunter's crosshairs and into the Reek. From shock and surprise, the Reek shrilled in pain, causing the rest of the pack to flee in a cloud of confusion. The Reek would not be able to leave however, which another arrow came shooting for it's back leg, striking it in the joint. Now with a dislocated hip, the Reek would stumble with three legs.

Then, Miss Chase Spiros would only be able to witness the short, swift movements that finished the kill. A dark clothed figure came shooting out of the trees, performing a front flip. The energy from the fall, combined with the figure's weight, made enough force to pratically break the Reek's spinal core around it's neck, which had been enflicted by a downward kick to the neck. Both of the figures hit the ground, but only the Reek remained near death.

Turning to see the Reek alive, Gav had crouched down to watch the animal die, using her hand slowly close it's eyes. "Unk'roo Re Montah." She said slowly, just as the Reek released it's final breath. Within silence, Gav then turned to the two arrows she'd used, taking them out of the large animal. She didn't bother to acknowledge the other hunter, which she was quite sure she'd say something.

What the hell? I'd not even made a shot before a flurry of arrows came from what seemed like nowhere. In all the confusion I was trying to see who had fired them, not realizing that the Reeks were making a run for it. And so was my buck. By the time I tried to line the shot on a moving target it was taken down by more arrows. I cured under my breath before seeing the cloaked hunter practically break the beast down with her own strength. A force user then. Ha. What a cheater. I stood as the woman said something in an odd tongue to it. Some last rites I suppose, but that was MY kill she just stole.
I walked out of the brushes towards her, obviously not happy, as I said "You ruined my shot, girl. And my kill. I saw him first." I pointed at the now dead Reek.
[member="Gav Arwell"]

ReTRAKKS

ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ
[ Note: When I mentioned force in my post, I meant the force of her movements, or the momentum she was carrying. I wasn't referring to the actual force XD Sorry for the confusion. ]

Gav didn't bother to turn and look at the huntress, who was throwing a fit over who owned the kill. She nearly rolled her eyes, but that would have been rude, or disrespectful. After Gav had removed her arrows, and turned to the Reek's head and examined the horns. She remained silent and didn't respond. She merely listened.

'This one is interesting..' she thought silently, keeping her reference anonymous. 'I might as well play along- In a more calm matter.'

[member="Chase Spiros"]

Oh, silent treatment huh? Was she really going to be like that and try to act as though I wasn't important? This wild girl, at least she looked and seemed it, had already insulted me by taking away my perfectly good kill and now she was doing this? Well, not that I was one to go to such lengths, but I wasn't going to have any of it. I drew my smaller blaster and fired a shot just passed her head. Not enough to scar or the like but enough to let her know I was serious.
When she turned I said aloud "Now do I have you attention? Or should I put one between those pretty eyes of yours."
[member="Gav Arwell"]

ReTRAKKS

ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ
"Your chances of getting another kill have slimmed to none, now that you've shot that gun." Gav suddenly spoke in a calm tone, not bothering to turn her head. So far, Chase had only been able to see the back of her dull brown hair. When the hunter had fired a shot, Gav didn't flinch. The sound however rung in her ears, due to her inexperience with such weapons. The sound to her virgin ears was deafening. One of her many reasons why she didn't like the Space People's guns.

"Besides, you never actually had a chance at killing something. Your wearing white for the love of Rahk'nam. You don't bother to look down at where you step, and you chose the worst spot to hide. No offense, space lady, but you need to get out of that metal can of transportation more often."

After her speech, Gav silently examined the main horn on the Reek, seeing where she could cut the base at. If cut wrong, she could make a pretty bad mess. And that was something she hated: messes she had to clean out of her clothes. Bringing her small back from her back, she opened the string top and revealed a ceremonial knife, one that her father use to own. She assumed she could use it on the Reek, where as it's soul would be offered to the gods for eternal remembrance

[member="Chase Spiros"].

"I don't need to find anything else. I want that one, that you stole from me." I insisted before she finally started speaking to me. She breaded my gear, which was my favorite after all, and then trying to tell me to how to hunt, I was in a perfect spot, she just thought she did better. Cheeky little pain in my ass she was turning into. With a sneer I insisted "That 'metal can' is my personal ship. And my gear if fine enough. It's when I have someone like you who ruins a good hunt that it becomes a problem. And you've officially become my problem."
[member="Gav Arwell"]

ReTRAKKS

ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ
"A dispute such as this should not result to violence." Gav stood up from her position, turning around to look at Chase Spiros. The 5'10 female tribesman looked at the bounty hunter with two dull hazel eyes, her glance almost filled with a stern, yet calm aura. The war paint surrounding her eyes only amplified the glace, which normally struck a sense of fear amongst her own people. But now it made her look like a foreigner.

"I wish to not engage in physical combat, not at this point in time. But unless you're stating that you will come to harmful standards, then I will have no choice to but to engage, but only in self defense."

I gave a little huff and her response before saying "Well at least you're being civil about it." I still had my gun in hand before an idea began to formulate in my head. "Tell you what, you claim to be a good hunter, right? Your tribe having something to do with your skills? I propose a contest then. We both go out into this jungle and we hunt the most dangerous thing we can find." I playfully looked around while saying "And it seems to me, the only things of any real danger around here are me...and you." I gave her a look that basically implied what I was saying, smirking at whatever her response would be.
[member="Gav Arwell"]

ReTRAKKS

ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ
( on mobile)

Gav looked at the huntress in silence, swiftly darting her eyes over her apparel and weaponry. She wore white, with white hair and pale skin. This would be a very easy kill.

"We hunt thought the night. If one doesn't kill the other by sunrise, it is a forced draw."

Gav's words resided after speaking, seeing that nothing more would be said. If this girl wanted Gav dead over a kill, then so be it. But she was determined to see the light of day again.

I smiled greatly before holding my hand out to shake, saying "Then we have an accord." Despite if she shook it or not I turned, making back for my ship while calling "I'll see you tonight then, my dear. I believe this is going to be one spectacular date we'll have." As I continued walking I didn't look back, knowing that this girl had as much honor as I did. We were going to give each other a fair enough chance to start. The only thing was I was more confident. She had bows and arrows, I had blasters and a number of other things as my disposal. I could already see who had the upper hand.
[member="Gav Arwell"]

ReTRAKKS

ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴛʏᴘɪɴɢ
Once the game was established, and agreed upon, Gav waited for Chase to take her leave. She documented the direction she went, which would help her tonight. Once Chase was outside her eyesight, Gav turned and made her leave. Though, rather than going south, Gav went east. Making sure she left no tracks, Gav disappeared into the trees, and claimed up the base of one shortly afterwards. To travel by trees was good, it left no tracks, and made it easy to stalk prey. And tonight, that prey would be Chase Spiros.

[member="Chase Spiros"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom