Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Humble Beginnings

Tregan Mallhane

T
Altiria was an intriguing little planet. A stunning balance between the environment and industry lines cleanly drawn across the entire planet. Two continents, each with a different civilization has evolved and developed on it. Two cultures locked in a feud thousands of years in the making. During his brief time on the planet so far, he had already spotted over a dozen cases of Altiri against Anarris violence. Most were done in secret, back alley ambushes and raids on individual homes, though two had been carried out in public. The two cultures' overwhelming hatred for the other was entirely beautiful in Tregan's mind, a fun look at the less civilized nature of species trying to live in a civilized world. Sadly, as intriguing as Tregan found the world, research and observation were not the reasons he had come here.

A tea shop. At first glance, nothing outstandingly interesting about the place. Unlike the rest of the planet that Tregan had seen so far, this little shop was old and weathered, set as it was at the edge of the forest. Instead of metal walls, there was stone. Instead of grand lighting systems, there were simply windows. Tregan enjoyed the simple look of the place, but he knew in truth it was all just a cover. A cover hiding a much darker truth within its walls. That truth Tregan had learned, through rumor and a few bribes placed with the right people. For what was truly being sold inside, Tregan could see a bright future being forged for the dream residing at the back of his mind.

Stepping out of the speeder, Tregan began walking towards the tea shop, his dark purple and blue clothing picking up briefly in the breeze. The location was secluded enough that Tregan did not feel the need to dress down and try to blend in with the locals. And it was important to set a good impression with the owner of this place. Slowing his step briefly, Tregan glanced down at the figure next to him, his voice low as he spoke to her. "This place...it is not what I was expecting. Out of the way, unassuming and simple. The perfect location for finding someone who does not want to be found, or who is selling something that should not be made public knowledge." Coming to a halt, Tregan glanced down at Xerek Xerek briefly, resting his hand on the door. Xerek was his trusted right hand in the endeavor he had set out to complete, and their opinion was valuable to him.

'Are you ready to finally begin?" Waiting for her response, he began to push the door of the shop open.

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Tregan Mallhane

Bells jingled as the door was opened. Kay had set that up after the first month of being open. There were times when she was alone in the shop and in the back room, so she needed to hear when anyone was coming inside. At this moment she was restocking some of the teas behind the counter, her back towards the rest of the shop. "I'll be with you in a moment."

The smell of the place was enough to welcome anyone. Pleasant herbs mixed with freshly baked goods. The fireplace and cozy atmosphere was enough to make anyone feel at home.

Kay finished putting away the boxes and then wiped her hands on her apron before turning around and seeing just who had walked in. Tregan was certainly not one of the locals. Nor was he dressed like one. So he was a foreigner. That could either be a good thing. Or a bad thing. She approached the counter, yet was sure to keep it between them. "Welcome to the Sphaera Tea Shoppe. May I help you find something?"

Xerek had taken an appearance already, that of a regular Chiss woman. Fairly normal appearance actually. Not one of particular intimidation nor one of abnormal attraction, regular for a Chiss. It allowed her to avoid the bias of others seeing the droid form underneath. In order to solidify this appearance though so that people wouldn't realize, she allowed the right arm to appear at the very least at the wrist down to be mechanical. This way the touch of it wouldn't completely warn off someone upon shaking the hand. If she ended up in a fight that might be a problem. But if that happened, there might be the need to kill them outright. And that she was plenty good at.

The former Anzat walked alongside Tregan Mallhane, the very reason she had this particular body. Far superior to the droid she'd had before. And someone who she now followed in a mission. One that spanned a great many destinations before the final goal could be met. She glanced up at him as he spoke about what the place was like. She hummed and smiled in agreement, "It's certainly rather unassuming. I like it, keep things quiet and you keep the wrong people off you."

She nodded as he asked about preparation, "Not just ready, but eager. This should be at least somewhat interesting" her voice was light and soft. It was intentional of course, since, afterall, the entire appearence was a hologram controlled by a system that functioned in cooperation with her brain. The only actions the voice or her hologram could make were ones that she intended them to make.

They were greeted by Kay-Larr Kay-Larr in a place which was rather subtle and warm. It would probably have been a good place to rest for awhile, if Xerek could actually feel the warmth, smell the smells. Unfortunately, there were problems with not having a body. And those joys were some of them. She held her hands behind her as she entered, swaying slightly and glancing around with a friendly smile. She glanced from around Tregan as the woman spoke to them, cocking her head in thought and letting Tregan do the talking as she simply glanced around. But kept an eye on the conversation.

Tregan Mallhane

T
Tregan nodded his head, the neutral expression on his face never wavering on his face as he stepped through into the little shop, his eyes taking in his surroundings as best they could. Ever since he was young his eyesight had been poor, likely a condition from growing up in the poorest conditions on The Wheel, the closest thing he had to a homeworld. There had been chances to repair his eyesight, even with his modest savings but he had thus far not done so. His eyesight had become part of who he was as a person, and whether good or bad, he would simply live with it. He had survived for three decades so far without too much trouble.

He took a step further into the shop, his hands coming up to smooth down his clothing. The appearance of oneself was very important to Tregan, especially on the first introductions. He approved the form that Xerek Xerek had chosen for this meeting, something Tregan was secretly quite pleased with. Despite their history, Tregan rarely showed any open signs of affection or approval towards the actions of his trusted compatriot. Such things did not come easily to Tregan, having had to spend most of his life hiding behind different personas to survive. Now that, at long last, he could finally be himself.

Tregan nodded his head to Kay-Larr Kay-Larr briefly as he began to walk around the tea ship interior, running his hand on a few of the tables as he made his way around the room. "My thanks for such a warm welcome." Tregan's words were quiet as he continued his path around the room, eventually coming to stand a few feet away from Kay, his hands folded comfortably behind his back. He inclined his head to her as he pulled out a chair, taking a seat at one of the tables at her question.

'I certainly hope so. Xerek, please watch the door and let us know if anyone else comes this way." He turned his head slightly to address Xerek, his eyes never leaving Kay as he folded one leg over the other in the chair, his height making the furniture nearly hilariously small. "I have heard...rumors about your tea shop, rumors that have piqued my interest greatly. Especially your more...selective stock." The final words were delivered with the barest smile, a show of expression few would ever get to see.

Kay-Larr

Xerek Xerek Tregan Mallhane

It took a few seconds for Kay to notice Xerek. The Chiss woman's blue skin didn't so easily stand out in the shop full of shadows. Her silence gave Kay the impression that she was a bodyguard of sorts. That fact was verified even further once the man asked her to basically keep everyone else out.

She placed her hands on the counter and leaned against it. The man was obviously a businessman of sorts. His tactics, his behaviour; all of it suggested as much.

A brow was raised as he revealed some of his purpose in coming here. Word was spreading about her shoppe. Well that was good for business, certainly. "Oh? And which particular products are you interested in, sir? If you're wanting to find out information of my suppliers for certain ingredients, then I'm afraid that you're out of luck."

Xerek knew there were Falleen who didn't show emotions as often as others. But who was she to judge? She didn't even have a proper face. She accepted that Tregan Mallhane may not ever really show her much about what was going on. It was just how things were going to be. She had her problems, he had his. She glanced at them sideways as he took a chair, and the woman set herself against the counter.

Xerek was told to ensure they were not going to be watched, she gave a smile and a sort of mock-salute, "Will do." she answered simply before heading to the door. It would admittedly be rather difficult to sneak up on her, afterall the sight of the droid was much superior to that of a human. As was the audio-sensors. Speaking of which, even as she hung out at the door, leaning against the wall, she could hear what was going on behind her.

The discussion on certain products of particular interest. Or as he called it the "Selective stock." Shame she couldn't try any of it. But that was just another thing she'd had to get used to, one of her plenty of flaws.

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Tregan Mallhane

T
"Two of your products, in particular, the Lightside Fudge and the Dianogan Tea. Quite specifically, in this case, I am interested in how you make them." Tregan had to try fairly hard to hide the slight twinge of embarrassment he felt when he began talking about bakery products and tea. He knew what his end goal here was, and the true hidden value of the products he desired, but it still felt slightly ridiculous. Grimacing slightly, Tregan shifted in his seat, beginning to gesture idly with one hand as he spoke.

"You see, I am looking to create a new kind of product, one that will be of great interest and value to the greater galaxy. Something to help...take people's minds off the troubles they face in their daily lives, and allow them to find peace. I believe that combining and working with the two products I mentioned can give us this end result. The question then would be if you are interested in such a venture, and whether or not it is even possible to combine that which I seek.?"

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr Xerek Xerek

Kay-Larr

Tregan Mallhane Xerek Xerek

Kay's eyebrows lifted as he asked on how she made a couple of her products. Who was she to reveal the secrets of her products? Doing so would give everyone the means to make them. And then she'd lose her business. "I'm afraid that a lady never reveals her secrets...."

As Tregan continued on, she shifted her weight on her feet. Combining the two was...unusual. But certainly not impossible. Kay also knew first hand about the woes of the Galaxy and the desire to be at peace. It was the main reason that she drank so much tea.

"Such a combination...might be possible. However it can't be done in a liquid form. But in a baked good...that could be doable. I'll have to experiment on it. Nothing goes to market without full knowledge of side effects is known. I have to keep liabilities in mind." For that she'd need people to test on.

Xerek stood almost completely still aside from the occasional swiveling of the head, and occasional slight sway. The reason was simple. There wasn't really much pain the body could feel, so naturally, since it took a mental effort to move it, she just didn't bother. Only doing just enough to keep it lifelike. Keeping an eye out, but mostly just thinking and listening in.

The conversation went on, the question about the products, and the answer. She wasn't really surprised, of course the woman wouldn't reveal how to make it. She'd be out of a job. But that didn't mean she wasn't useful, after-all Tregan Mallhane had caught the interest with the explanation of what they were trying to make. And while not open to the secrets, Kay-Larr Kay-Larr would certainly make a useful asset to get those special tea's. Or baked items as it sounded she was headed with this particular idea.

She glanced behind her for a moment, thinking about interrupting but deciding against it. She'd let Tregan do his thing, at least for now. He was good at that part. After-all she was the one who ended up in a robot body wasn't she.

Tregan Mallhane

T
Tregan inclined his head, waving his hand briefly as he leaned back in the chair."I had to try, you understand. I am certain that we can come to an arrangement on the product, with your supervision and approval of the end product, of course. I would never intrude on your creative freedoms." While Tregan's words were cordial enough, inside he was slightly frustrated. He did not expect Kay-Larr Kay-Larr to simply agree to give him the recipe for her work, but he had held out hope an arrangement could have been made. The finality of her words ensured Tregan would stay away from the topic.

"Baked good, or in a powder form. Perhaps a topping for baked goods. It would naturally be the producer's choice. And I understand the need for certainty, especially in a business such as this. Small, isolated, and entirely dependent on your own effort. While I understand all of this, I am sure you can understand my interest in a...expedited process. I can provide funding and an added security to whatever product you are able to deliver, protecting you from potential blowback. I am sure no such thing will happen, but having the added protection for one such as yourself would be...comforting."

Tregan delivered his words carefully, each phrase punctuated precisely as he stared Kay in the eyes, never once shifting his gaze. He knew who she was, who she really was. He never would have entered a deal with someone he had no background information on. It had been a tricky endeavor, but he had found what he needed to know about this woman. She was more than what she appeared, and far more dangerous than one might expect at first glance. Xerek Xerek had actually been the one to find the information on the woman, something he would need to thank her for later.

"Further, what I offer is the chance to see your product shipped in bulk across the galaxy, both what I ask to be made, and what you already have. More markets, more connections, more everything. I only ask, in return, for a faster rollout process."

Kay-Larr

Xerek Xerek Tregan Mallhane

Kay glanced over to the Chiss every once in a while. She didn't want any of her customers being scared away. Fortunately this little meeting was occuring during a normally slow time of day.

She turned her attention back to Tregan. His gaze never wavered and Kay found that to be a bit unsettling, although she chose to hide that fact.

Her arms folded across her chest as Tregan noted her lack of security. Just how much research did he do? It was enough. Kay hoped that he wouldn't dig in too deeply.

"I will need to experiment and see what form will be best and what I can accomodate in my lab. I'll draft out the funding required for additional equipment and get back to you on that. Just give me a couple of days." How long Tregan was willing to wait, she wasn't certain.

A promise of aid in order to create the product. She knew that there should be some temptation for the woman to accept this. Extra guards, extra product, certain payment. Well, certain payment if nobody backstabbed. There was always that possibility with people. It seemed unlikely she or Tregan Mallhane had any intention of such thing, that would only cause problems. But she didn't fully understand the intentions of Kay-Larr Kay-Larr . However, she seemed to small style to have the need to try and backstab. Except out of fear.

Xerek glanced out again, she thought she saw someone heading their way but they ended up in conversation with someone instead. The woman explained she'd figure out what was needed, after a couple of days. Xerek glanced back at them, considering the statement as well as what it might involve.

Mainly, if she decided to get some kind of authority onto them. Hide all her real things and call in someone who was after smugglers. It was a very low chance. Very low indeed. But she reminded herself to mention it to Tregan after they were finished here.

Tregan Mallhane

T
Tregan nodded his head, rising to his feet. Turning, he carefully pushed the chair back to the table where it had been before, adjusting it slightly so the angle was perfectly in line with the rest of the table and chairs. After his work was done he turned back to Kay-Larr Kay-Larr with his hands folded behind his back. "You will have all the funding you need for this endeavor after I have personally inspected the final product here. As well as any other items you might request to ensure everything goes well. I will be in touch. Thank you for your time."

Inclining his head slightly, Tregam turned and began walking towards the exit of the building. Just before he got to the exit, he paused midstep, turning his head to the side slightly, his nose twitching for a moment. He said nothing, turning back and continuing out of the building. He spared Xerek a brief nod, before letting the door close behind him.

Kay-Larr Kay-Larr
Xerek Xerek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom