Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle HPCB-High Personnel Combat Buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015-07-16(163227)_matthias-develtere-Allied-Vehicle.jpg

Image Source: http://www.3dtotal.com/admin/new_cropper/gallery_originals/2015-07-16(163227)_matthias-develtere-Allied-Vehicle.jpg

Intent: To create a combat buggy to protect high level personnel.

Development Thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Battlewell Security and Arms

Model: HPCB-High Personnel Combat Buggy

Affiliation: Battlewell Security and Arms, those who purchase

Modularity: Yes, parts can be replaced and upgraded

Production: Mass-produced

Material: Durasteel, vehicle parts, machine gun turret,

Role: Combat Buggy, High Level Personnel Combat Buggy.

Height: 3 meters~

Length: 9 meter~

Width: 2-2.5 meters~

Weight: .5 metric tons~

Minimum Crew: 1 driver

Optimal Crew: 1 driver, 1 gunner

Propulsion: Wheels

Top Speed: 180 km/h

Armaments: 1 machine gun turret

Squadron Count: 24

Passenger Capacity: 3 inside passenger, 4 passengers that can hold on the the outside rungs.

Cargo Capacity: (Not including passenger weight) 500-600~ kilograms. (Including passenger weight) <100~ kilograms.

Misc. Equipment: Machine gun turret, cargo racks, anti-ramming/anti-mounting roller, heavy duty tires, reinforced durasteel.

Description: The HPCB is perfect for quickly, and safely, transporting important military members such as generals. The HPCB is also almost completely impervious to Ion blasts since it runs of fuel, gasoline by default. The HPCB's only down sides is that it isn't good over rocky terrain and isn't very heavily armed. The anti-ramming/anti-mounting roller nullifies the affects of one ram. It is also very useful should an enemy decide to attempt to mount to vehicle from the front.

Impervious to ion blasts
Highly armored
Anti ramming
Very fast

Runs off gas
Not all terrain, has trouble over rocky terrain
Can't hover like speeders

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="KeCholo"]

OK, here's the deal.

In order for your buggy to be immune to ion/EMP, we're talking 50's car technology or earlier. And for a boat like this, I'm no classic car expert, but I seriously doubt you're going to get 180kph on that tech. So what you could do is give the sucker two drive systems, one advanced but ion vulnerable, and capable of hitting 180, and one slower backup analog system. I don't know how that'd work from a technical perspective, but it'd let you keep the uniqueness here without damaging plausibility too badly.

Jorus Merrill said:
In order for your buggy to be immune to ion/EMP, we're talking 50's car technology or earlier
I'm not quite sure I understand why I need to change. It simply looks like a 50's car, it's systems however are state-of-the-art.
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="KeCholo"]

I'd be happy to see the precedent that lets 50's analog car tech push a quarter ton of metal to 180kph. Like I said, I'm not a classic car guy. If such a precedent exists, we can run from there. If not, you'll need to lower your top speed or remove the ion immunity.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

This is not a 50's car, it just looks like one.

I'm sure following several thousand years after lightspeed was achieved, the companies in Star Wars would be able to create a powerful and fast engine that could roll 180 kmph. Mind you, this is only 112~ mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom