Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request How to Write capoeira

Argos of the East

A
If youre going for realistic fighting weaknesses and strengths, there isn't much to say about capoeira. As far as I understand, it is great exercise and good fun - but its practicality in combat leaves something to be desired, and has a very long list of weaknesses. Not dissimilar from mcdojo Krav Maga.

However, if you dont mind the rationale (as you shouldn't, this is a fantasy world afterall) then consider reading some of the free pdfs on it. Im not sure which show fighting diagrams and breakdowns, but I found a few (specifically Capoeira: From Slave Combat Game to Global Martial Art) that could look up. Otherwise, YouTube will have a number of breakdowns on how it all works!

Good hunting!

I don't know if I have good resources to go to as far as for RP, other than having studied it some IRL and having an interest, watching stuff on YT.

I would be happy to discuss it more in PM or on Discord, of course.

The Regional or selected Angola should be applicable. For Regional many of the flips and high kicks might be effective and given the writing is done good like. For Angola, many of the sweeps and takedowns might be effective too, but again its dependent upon how its written.

Just saying....

PS - Youtube some Capoeira and the various moves from the various styles of Capoeira.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom