Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Master The Basics?

Oops, so I haven't been busy and forgot about this, not at all, sorry.

His one good eye blinked, not quite believing. He thought that this alchemy thing was going to grant power, he wasn't quite aware that it was going to begin burning at the pendant he'd just made. The mask blocked out the smell, but from the look on the Sith Lady's face it was clear something out there was bad. He watched the shadows like a child for a moment, fighting his body to keep a grip on the chant and the living force. The shadows were dream like, like a child dancing. They filled him with hope lightly, but they filled everything with dark, the embodiment of the darkside was in those shadows.

He blinked again. The force was giving him his answer, he was sure of it. It was everything the Sith Lady had explained, and he blinked, nodding to the Lady. It was her call, he wasn't sure what he was to be doing now that the force had answered him. He shuddered lightly, still pushing the living force onto the talisman like instructed. He hadn't been told to stop, and he didn't really want to stop if it meant his death.

"I have my answer. What then, is the next step my Lady"

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

We can probably round off the thread. You can describe how Novus performs the ritual for the next few days and perhaps something concerning the fasting, but otherwise, it's good.

She looked at Novus as he glanced about the room, and at her, and gestured to the talisman for him to continue and complete the ritual as described. Usually, it involved sending sparks of lightning arcing between oneself and the talisman, but it had an option of individual interpretation. Darth Ophdia was not one to judge, as long as the requirements were upheld. She had witnessed different ways of performing the alchemical ritual, and the one she had shown [member="Darth Novus"] was simply the one she had been taught in her days as a Knight.

"Do not let it get the upper hand over your mind. Focus Darth Novus."

The ritual would have to be repeated, and each time would be a trial. Novus would also have to faste, meaning he could not eat, and therefore grow weaker as the faste progressed. By completing all three rituals while fasting, he would prove himself strong enough to master the talisman. He would be it's wielder, not vice versa. It was a lesson worth noting about all sides of the dark side of the Force: It would consume you in a moment of carelessness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom