Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hope is Conflicted

[flashback]

Adzatsmam was a child, a few years old, but as a Sith Pureblood, his life was shorter, and he was nearly similar to a teen. He was afraid and worried on this day, as his mother had just passed, and his father was nearing his final stages. He ran to the Ships Temple to hide from the others, as the Massassi were more prone to quick judgement and the priests showed little emotion, but they wouldn't look him the wrong way. Some even would show affection if they felt they could help, or if they weren't busy tending to the Viae. Adzatsmam hid in one of the corners and a Priest hovered over to him, crouching down to comfort him. Alone on this ship, Sith had a better chance of surviving well into old age, but with its small size.... just about everyone, knew everyone. Adzatsmam, however, his family was special. Chosen by the last Viae to birth a child who would grow into the new leader of the Shahku, so he was much more well known compared to others.

"Young one, what is the matter? Is it because of your mother?" the priest asked, pulling him into an embrace. This Priest was female, so perhaps she was having motherly instincts, but then again, she was quite young. The Priests were kept with the duty of protecting their tribe and its history, while the Massassi were charged with physically protecting them, the Priests ensured their health and happiness, and the Zuguruk ensure the environment was safe and welcoming. So it wasn't like it was expected, but it wasn't uncommon, for a priest to console a fellow tribe member. "I am afraid, Priest. What if my Father dies, too? What if my friends die, or I die?" Adzatsmam said worriedly, rubbing his eyes. The Priest shook her head and gave him a comforting squeeze, "We have survived for so long, young one, for so long! Your mother felt it was her time to go, so do not be afraid! Everything will be fine, I promise you."

"Young one, do not be sad. I hear your mother even now." A voice spoke up from out of sight, the two looking up to see who was speaking.

"Oh, Viae!< The Priest spoke. "W-wait... you hear my mother? How... what does she say, miss Viae?" Adzatsmam urgently requested. "Yes, I speak to many of the spirits of our tribe that have unfortunately departed," She said, raising her arms. She closed her eyes and hummed, the other Priests in the circle becoming louder with their rituals to influence the Viae's power. Soon, smoke started to swirl around the Viae, and then a voice projected itself.

My dear, precious boy. Do not be saddened by my passing.
Adzatsmam perked up, the tears on his face beginning to dry up, his eyes widened. "M-mother?"

Please, be strong for the Viae, be strong for your family.
"B-but mother, I--" Adzatsmam nearly cried again, curling up into a ball, he thought he was disappointing his mother, as he had no idea how to be strong like the warriors of the tribe, or strong like his father. "I don't know how to be strong, I don't think I am strong, Mother..." The Priest that held him smiled and reassured him. "Your mother and the Viae know your strength, young one. It is why we, it is why everyone, believes you will lead us on the path to the truth." The Viae took a calm breath and looked down, also smiling, "Do not lose faith, young Adzatsmam. While your destiny may be intimidating, your mother knows everything you will do is to save our kind. Because your heart is so large, your heart and mind combine to know what is best. You are much stronger than even the best warriors, which is why they bow to you. Everything you do is empowering and inspiring. Just now, you bring our family together, to give us strength and hope that we have not lost our ways for our family." The Viae spoke to Adzatsmam as a caretaker, someone passionate for everyone in the tribe. But what Adzatsmam didn't realize, was the Viae was more literal than he thought.

My boy, you are so strong, you do not even realize it...
His mother spoke again, which prompted Adzatsmam to look beyond the Viae, to see what his crying had done. Massassi, Kissai, and Zuguruk, kneeling and facing Adzatsmam, all behind the Viae. "You will be Vazir, mighty Adzatsmam." "Your strength is dominating, Vazir." "With us, your power is infinite, Vazir." The Viae lowered her hands and the smoke began to dissipate.

Be happy, my son, make your people happy...
As the rest of his tribe spoke, Adzatsmam was in awe at how the tribe respected him, even as a child. Truthfully, Adzatsmam's amount of force sensitivity was nearly that of the Viae's, just untapped and uncontrolled, and could even surpass if he trained... but he wasn't ready yet. And it was his emotions that strengthened the dark side, and brought the tribe to him, as his aura even outmatched the Temples aura when he wasn't calm, which could tumble him into a spiral if he never trained to contain it. Which was why the Viae chose his family, chose him before he was born. He could save their people, but only the Viae could lead him in the correct path.

"But why me? Why do I have to take this path? How do you know I am strong enough?" He looked up at the Viae, concerned still for his strength and knowledge. Correct, he was but a child, but a fast learner and one strong in the force. "Because your power even surpasses mine, young Adzatsmam. And I will be the one to help you tame it into something you can use, for better or worse. To lead your people as a beacon, and intimidate your foes like a weapon. Please, stand up, young Adzatsmam." The Viae asked Adzatsmam, the Priest holding him softly helping him up.

As Adzatsmam began to stand, wiping the tears from his face and taking a breath to calm himself, the tribe members that were in the room also stood, however, still with their heads bowed. "Reassure to our people, young Adzatsmam, we will find our home. Tell them you will lead us back, and revive our culture so we can be free to live out our lives and seek adventure and happiness." As the Viae spoke, it was to instill hope and faith in the people and Adzatsmam. With five thousand years of pain and misery of struggling hope and nothing to do but watch loved ones pass on, the Dark Side had grew within the ship, and the ship eventually became tainted with the Dark Side, empowering the Shahku Tribes Priests more and more as time passed, and with Adzatsmam, when he was old enough, the Viae knew it would be the right time for their people to emerge. It would be time for them to come out kicking and screaming, fighting for their right to live. They were strong enough, as a family, to take on whatever tried to stop them.

Adzatsmam wiped his face once more, taking on an angered face with determination. "If my mother believes I can do it, and the Viae believes I can do it, and even the tribe believes... then I must be able to. But if I have so much power, Viae, can you really help me to tame it? What if I can never control it?" Adzatsmam was becoming brave, but still full of doubt. A trait that he would forever hold... but it was better to be doubtful sometimes, to think harder, rather than being arrogant, and possibly endanger his family. "Your mother, the past Viae, and your Father, the leader of the Warriors, Adzatsmam...." the Viae took a breath. "As long as you are here for your people, I will always be here for as long as you need me. I will train you, keep you safe, and follow your lead, however long it must take to make sure you trust in me that I will stay by your side and make you the beacon we need."

Adzatsmam appreciated the Viae's words, and reached out to hug her, as she reached down to brush over his head. But still, second thoughts loomed, and he looked up at her. "But what if I can not make my father proud, Viae? I am not a courageous Warrior like him... I disappoint the other Warriors..."

And with those words, the devil himself entered the Temple, the Warriors immediately bowing. "My son," he spoke, walking over to the Viae and Adzatsmam, the Viae turning, holding the boy so he would turn with her. "I am proud of you." Adzatsmam was ecstatic, his father came all the way down here, even during the trials of the Warriors to comfort him. "F-father?" he whispered. "My son, to be a great warrior is not to be the strongest spear thrower, or best swordsmaster, but to have the passion for what you are fighting for." Adzatsmam's father continued, walking towards them as he took a knee by his son, the Viae growing a large smile as the scene hit her very spirit. "Your love for our family outweighs every warrior here combined. To risk ones life to ensure our families safety is the greatest sacrifice one could possibly give, and you have the power to do," the father emphasized, "even greater!"

His father reached out to Adzatsmam, slowly pulling him towards him and Adzatsmam gently let go of the Viae and went to his father as they both embraced. "Just as your mother has always said, you are far stronger than even I, you are my role model, son. I envy your power."

"Father why do you say such thing! The warriors look at you like the father of our tribe, the Viae like the mother of our tribe, do not falter because of me!" Adzatsmam exclaimed, "I might be strong, but I can not control my power yet, okay? I will promise our people the right to our home, but until miss Viae has trained me I can't. So until then you do not give up, you must be strong, okay? Do not die before I am strong enough, father, will you promise me this?" The pain of heartache grew among the tribe and everyone began to lose their composure just slightly by Adzatsmam's words, words he was not told to say, but words from his very aching heart to the last member of his family that he cared so deeply for. This act ensuring the bond between his people and himself for years to come, knowing that Adzatsmam would never give up on his people as long as they never gave up on him. "My son, even now, your power overwhelms me," his father said softly, shedding a tear. Now even the chanting Priests still doing their rituals feeling the sorrow and ache from the boys voice and feeling their stomachs becoming hollow and sensitive.

The Priest that had comforted Adzatsmam started a silent chant, giving Adzatsmam power, to feel strong, to feel bold, to lift his spirit up from the sadness. "You have to promise me father you will not leave until I am ready," Adzatsmam now ordered, pulling away from the embrace but his hands on his fathers shoulders, looking at him. "Yes, son. I promise. I will do everything in my power to stay here and lead our people until your journey begins," his father ensured Adzatsmam as they hugged again.

----​
Adzatsmam remembered his past like it was yesterday, even stronger now since the day had come. Kneeling beside his father, his hand on his fathers chest. The Viae, the priests, the Massassi, and even the Zuguruk had come for this. "Father please, I am not ready." Adzatsmam slowly said in his calmest voice ever. "I need more time, my power is contained but I can not use it. You must stay." Adzatsmam was containing his emotions as strongly as possible. The Priests weren't even chanting, everyone was silent. "I forbid you to do this, father. I order you to stay with me."

By now his father had grown old and withered, far more older than the Viae was now. His father had become the Vyres after all this time, and he was the last, only the Viae and Priests being closer to his age than others. "Listen to me, Adzatsmam," his father urged him closer, resting a hand on the hand of Adzatsmam's that rested on his father's heart. Adzatsmam could not prevent himself from leaning in to listen to him. "I have extended my life as far as I can, and I have only chosen today, because I knew your power was strong enough." Adzatsmam shook his head, "I can't do anything without you father, it's because of you I can do so many things now!" The Viae approached, resting a hand on Adzatsmam's shoulder. Unbeknownst to Adzatsmam, the Viae and the priests had been extending his father's life far past his time, very far. Perhaps so it could make a more dramatic scene to empower the dark side, or maybe the Viae felt it was the right thing to do. It would never be admitted out of greed, but Adzatsmam would have to experience loss and sadness long before he was the leader of his tribe. Better he breakdown with his family, than out on some battlefield with his family laid dead. It was for this, the Viae always had second thoughts about extending Adzatsmam's father's life.

"Adzatsmam, you will learn your powers in time. You must learn them with the rest of your family. You must... learn them while living in our home. Our real home. You will learn them searching for it, when you rebuild it, when you fight for it. You are the warrior I wanted you to be... but your are the son I had hoped you to be." His father reached both his hands up to grip Adzatsmam's hand with increasing strength, and Adzatsmam reached his own hands in to also squeeze back. "Father I don't know if I can lead my people without you, you don't understand!" Adzatsmam shouted, but it was too late. His father already slowly closed his eyes. "I have trained you well, and you must take our tribe into the next step, my son. The Viae will be here to guide you," she spoke, releasing one of his hands to brush against Adzatsmam's cheek, "And it is because of your doubt, I know your decisions will be right and Just when you solve problems for our tribe. But it must be without me." His Father was taking his last breath as the grip softened and the raised hand began to lower.

Adzatsmam began to grow angry with sadness, tears falling from him as he squeezed his Father's hands harder, upset and enraged that he wasn't strong enough to keep his father alive. "You can not go father! I won't let you! I will harness the force on my own and keep you alive, the Dark Side will be my own hand, and I will use all of it to save you! Don't go, please, just, don't go!"

Adzatsmam's father began to exhale as he started to become motionless, but not before his final words. "Remember, my son... always Seek The Truth" And Adzatsmam knew, he immediately knew those would be his fathers last words. They had been words his whole family ever said. They were the words the Priests said to each other, the words the Viae and his Mother said to him, they were his mothers last words, and they were even the words his Father said to the Warriors. But there was no one that was told these words more than Adzatsmam, by his father. His family was essentially the monarchs of the tribe in their prime, and they lived by this code. Leaving it up to the family to work with the truth in their own way. Adzatsmam could not control himself and bursted, curling into a ball again over his father, hiding his face on his chest. "This destiny is too great for me, father! It's too much! This burden is frightening without you! I can not do this alone!"

The Viae held firm, clutching her own chest as she leaned down, giving a firmer grip to Adzatsmam's shoulder as she did become upset by Adzatsmam's father's passing. "Adzatsmam, you are not alone. Do you remember what I told you?" The Viae asked in a soft tone with closed eyes, trying to comfort him. Adzatsmam had hid his face as he couldn't let his people see him fall in such a way. "I can not, my Viae. I can not." "Then please," she asked once more, "please, look." And with that, Adzatsmam looked up to see what the Viae wanted him to see... and again, the tribe that surrounded him had kneeled towards him. "Your family will never leave your side. They will follow you until the ends of the galaxy, they will follow your very word, they are with you always. And your mother and father watch over you, protecting you. Your people are your people. You are now our Vyres, but you are even more than that. You will be our first Vazir. We need a leader, Adzatsmam, will you lead us home? Take us to a place where we may raise our children on soil, and not metal?"

Adzatsmam was in shock again at how much his people were there for him, even in such a time as this. They could be off training, practicing, anything but worry about his emotions. But they were here, showing their allegiance and how they cared for him. But Adzatsmam was too weak at this moment to shoot up and be strong, even as the Priests began quiet chants to empower him. Adzatsmam fell silent, and strugglingly stood, panting and breathing hard as he wiped his face. "It is time," the Viae said as she stood with him. "Will you allow us to put your father to rest?" she asked. Adzatsmam, as silent as he was, he gave the smallest nod as he stared at his dead father, turning to look the other way as he listened and closed his eyes. The Viae rose her hands as she began chanting, the other Priests joining in.

Part of the cargo hold was the Temple, and this was why it was their temple. The Viae and the priests rose his Fathers body and hovered it over to one of their sarcophagi, slowly lowering him inside of it. This was the reason their Temple felt so thick in the Dark Side. Their temple was the burial ground, and they used it to generate hope and anger for their Tribe to empower their strength in the Dark Side. Eventually, hopefully the Viae could harness the power of the Dark Side in their Temple to help Adzatsmam if there ever came a time he was in desperate need, or to even perhaps give him the power to live forever. These were the hopes that the Viae had, to ensure their people could return home, and so they would not be lost or die off again. Adzatsmam knew their heritage and goals were more important than anything, and grew to understand that not everything is perfect nor godly. He wanted his father to stay alive, but he needed to become the man his Father and the tribe needed him to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom