Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honor Long Overdue (Gaila'Rae)

[member="Gaila'Rae"]

Ah, Coruscant...this was a destination he has been waiting for, for quite some time. As he walked across the platform, blending and moving with the crowd, he could feel the buzz and hum of the planet for the first time. His reception to the Force was growing, and with the Sith having taken the planet, it would only be a matter of time before he found them. Now, however, was a time for something else. The mercenary group of the YT-2000 he stole got their instructions from off this planet, and it would be like looking for a needle in a haysack to find the one who had sent them the message. A nearly impossible task with the lack of information Sorin had obtained, but it wasn't looking that was the problem. No, that was just the icing on the cake, and he didn't know how large that cake was. For what he would find, that was the problem. He didn't know anything about the client, and with that, he could not yet determine how over his head he was. Or maybe he wasn't, and he was just over thinking things. In his line of business, however, it is better to overestimate the enemy, and kill them completely and utterly. Obliteration.

Now...where to begin? The captain of the YT-2000 he killed wore Mandalorian armor, but was not a true Mandalorian. It would be best to ask them directly, because if there was one thing Sorin could rely on, it was that Mandalorians will fight to the death and to the ends of the galaxy to honor their fallen. And so, Sorin headed to the districts they most frequented, and hoped he didn't get shot in the process. He eventually found himself in an armory, and when he stepped through the door, the room went silent. Or as silent as could be, with the sounds of machinery, droids, and men working on armor. There were several people in the room, men and women, of different races, and different sizes, and all of them very, very well armed. 'Careful, Sorin, or you'll be leaving here in a body bag.' As skilled as Sorin knew he was, this was going to really push it. An advantage, he does not have. He strode over to the counter as confidently as he could, and the one at front had a smirk on his face. A Togorian, from the looks of it. His stance was slouched, unworried, but he was ready, a wall of muscle and skill in his arms.

"What brings an aruetii to our aliit? Assuming you know what I mean." He said gruffly, and laughed, causing a similar outburst to echo through the room from the others there. Apparently some of them thought it was funny that there were many who were ignorant of their culture. At least that would be the standard person.

"Aliit ori'shya tal'din." Sorin replied, and he was confident of his pronunciation. The Togorian's eyes widened, and he immediately straightened up, making Sorin distinctively aware of how tall he was compared to Sorin's height. There was no more laughter in the room. Good, he had made his point, so that they knew that the one who stood before them was not an idiot. Sorin withdrew a datapad from his obi top, and placed it down on the counter, the image being of the Mandalorian armor back on his ship, minus the person of course. "I need to know who this armor belonged to, because the one who had it was not Mando'ade." As the Togorian looked over the datapad, he grimaced, and scowled, angry over this information, but he continued to view the image, looking it over. "I tracked his last destination to be here on this part of the planet, but I know little else than that. I want to know where he came from."

"What does it matter to you?"

"Because we both know the fallen deserve more respect." This made him think, looking back and forth from the image to Sorin, and then back. His features softened momentarily.

"I would need the armor to be certain."

"You'll have it within the hour."

"I might actually be regretting this decision more than I thought I would."

Gaila'Rae spoke to herself, staring up at the ship she'd just stepped off of as flew away, leaving the woman behind on a landing pad "But, I knew I would regret it at some point, it happens with everybody... I think it does at least." It wasn't as if Gaila'Rae could do anything about it anyways, even if she wanted to return to the ship, since the woman had told the mandalorians that brought here here that she had made up her mind. So the mandalorians, their ship, and her home was gone, at least two of them for the time being though, as houses and starships could be replaced.

"Probably should've asked for a cloak or something too," Gaila'Rae said aloud again, frowning as she stared down at the form-fitting armored body-suit she wore "definitely don't want anyone staring, or getting the wrong ideas." The woman chuckled, feeling quite confident in her ability to shoot someone if she needed to, despite no actual experience. Sighing, the woman walked off and away from the landing pad with high hopes for the events in store for her. Pushing through the crowds of Coruscant Gaila'Rae attempted to find a place to settle down, as she knew staying out in the streets was not a great idea, especially for her.

[member="Sorin Vanado"]

[member="Gaila'Rae"]

"What do you mean my ship is gone?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but that's all I know. I've already notified the authorities, but there is little more I can do."

"ARGH!" Fuming over the most recent development, Sorin's glare became like daggers, piercing the space of wherever he looked. Yet, he knew he could not expect more from the lady at the desk than he could for the guards to have done something about this crap. When he landed and went to the Mandalorian shop, their system encountered a mysterious "short" in their monitoring devices. And lord and behold, this lapse in the system also effected everything else. By the time they got the system rebooted, back up and running, Sorin's ship was gone. Vanished, disappeared, nevermore. While he had not been expecting to keep the YT-2000 for very much longer, this was just stupid. Right when he needed it, this happens. Now here was the next interesting question: who did this? He would be willing to bet that this wasn't any coincidence. There was no such thing in his line of work. Whoever did this must be related in some form to the mercenary group he killed with the help of the Amaran, Triter Zone, and this unfortunately is where Sorin should have known better. He should have known that the ship would be flagged the moment it came into this part of the planet. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

'Think, Sorin, think...' He continued to fume to himself as he left the docking port offices, frustrated at his inability to have thought of this before hand. Eight years must have dulled his brain, because this was unacceptable to Sorin. The next course of action could be just about anything, but one of which he would have to put on hold, unfortunately. As he walked, the crowded streets filled with vendors, hover-cars, and all manner of creatures, the back of his neck tensed slightly as a feeling of urgency overtook him. He felt the need to sprint forward, and just as he picked up the pace a bit, an explosion went off some distance behind him. While small in nature, it left a ringing in his ears as he glanced behind him, seeing people scatter, and smoke everywhere. This didn't seem...good. And just as he thought of that, a few Mandalorian armored warriors walked out into the space around the smoke. One pointed to Sorin, raising his rifle in the process.

'No, no, no, no, no, no, NO!' Even as he wished he could deny that this particular part was happening, he ran as much as the crowd would let him, hearing the sound of blaster shots being let loose, and most likely at Sorin. This was not what he had in mind! As he passed and slipped through the different venders, trying to keep as much as possible between himself and the Mandalorians firing at him, he made another mistake: he collided into someone. It seemed he had a nack for meeting people like this. Though he lost momentum, he rolled into his fall, quickly getting back to his feet, but unsure of the state of the person he had just collided with. Whoever they were, they wore body armor...

It hadn't been that long since Gaila'Rae had started searching for a hotel of some kind, but she still hadn't found anything up to this point, and the affects of fatigue from not much recent sleep were slowly setting in, and anything would soon seem like a suitable bed to the woman. After some short searching though, Gaila'Rae found a place take a break where there weren't to many people nearby, so she sat down on the duracrete and attempted to take her own mind off of finding a place to stay for the moment, instead thinking of her original home of Bandomeer for a short time.

Sighing again, Gaila'Rae felt the weapons on her person, making sure that they were accessible before standing up, taking a moment to audibly pop the fingers on both her hands, something that had yet to turn into a habit luckily. Starting her trek again, Gaila'Rae was yet again pushing through crowds of people, only this time no one would be very calm, and they'd be pushing against the woman too. An explosion went off nearby, and almost instantly everyone within sight jumped before turning around to see what had happened, then blaster bolts started flying into the crowd, making everybody panic and start fleeing from where the shots had originated from. Attempting to keep stable footing as person after person shoved past her, Gaila'Rae tried to look over the heads of each person in the crowd, something that was very difficult for the woman, as she only stood at five foot five, relatively smaller than most of the civilians that rushed past her.

Finally attempting to remove herself from the area, someone else slammed into the woman, knocking her down and taking the air from her lungs, and stopping her from immediately getting up "Hey!" Gaila'Rae managed to cough out "I know I may be small but I'm not that hard to miss!" Speaking as she gestured with emphasis at the pink armored bodysuit she wore, taking a moment to finally looking up at the person that ran into her.

[member="Sorin Vanado"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom