Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honey, I shrunk the Lizards

Myrkr
Miri Farm HQ

Mia moved quietly through the lines of olbio trees, planted in uniform fashion to allow for easier harvest. It was oddly comforting to be blind in the force, with no threat of attack she felt more relaxed than she had done in a long time. She passed a scanner over the the nearest ysalamir to her, the datapad in her other hand flashed up with a series of readings; heart rate, size, estimated weight and a series of other factos. She was not alone in this task. The task of taking stock of what they had was a big one, and with her out of touch for so long, the board of directors had simply had things ticking over.

War was on the horizon, she could feel it in her bones. With a new mand'alor in place the clans were buzzing with anticipation of his next move. In the wake of stagnation, they were coming together, greasing their guns and dusting off their armour. Training of young troops had intensified and Mia wanted to make sure they had the best chance against whatever enemy they faced. The clans as a whole shared an intense dislike of forcers, born from years of warring with the sith and it was time the playing field was evened out. The Bral had proved effective on Coruscant, but its size was an issue. Nutrient tanks were large and made fighting tougher, hindering a forcer and mando equally.

To better prepare for what lay ahead, she needed to establish what she had to work with and this was the best place to start.

[member="Sera Spar"]

[member="Mia Monroe"]

What a weird place.

Kiran sat calmly in an oddly comfortable chair, a knife balancing gently in his palm, it's tip gently digging into the glove that surrounded his hand. It was a game, something to keep him entertained while he waited for the Mandalorian woman to show her face, or...helmet. He was never really quite sure which one he would get when dealing with them. Sera tended to wear her armor at all times, but he'd met more then a few Mandalorians who preferred the open air, even during combat.

It was strange, but Kiran had learned simply not to question it.

Questions like that would easily lead to madness.

A yawn pulled from his lips as he caught the handle of the knife and leaned backward in the chair, stretching. Today's visit was all about the job, pushing Death Watch and the Mandalorians into new capabilities. That was what Sera had told him anyway. She herself had refused to go, if only because she had no idea about anything technological. She was like a sword, not born to create, but simply made to kill. There was no other purpose in the woman, and thus this visit would have been lost on her.

He supposed many would make the same argument about him, but Kiran was slightly different. Unlike the head of Clan Spar Kiran had developed technologies before, working alongside the scientists of Vanir Technologies. That, and he didn't have an insuperable hatred of Force Users, which was the other reason Sera hadn't come.

"Monroe," her comm called out and she paused in her work, tugging it from her hip. "Yes?"

"There's a visitor to see you, someone from the Death Watch."

"Sera?" she asked turning back towards the HQ and handing her equipment to the scientist next to her with a nod. "Negative. His names Kiran." Mia frowned slightly, she was certain Sera was supposed to be assisting her. "Alright, I'm on my way."

It took her ten minutes to reach the headquarters, stepping through the doors she glanced to the left of the waiting area where a Zeltron sat playing with a small blade. Mia shrugged her coat off, folding it over her arm. "Kiran?" she asked. She would step forward as he looked up, offering her hand "I'm Mia. I must say, I was expecting Sera. Is she well?"

[member="Sera Spar"]

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"She's fine." Kiran said with a smile. "Very busy."

He could have told her the truth, but there was no need to start anything.

Clan Spar was known for it's...distaste of Force Users, but over the last couple of millenia they had mostly been forgotten by the other Clan's of Mandalore. Their inactivity and relative lethargy had made them something of a leper within the Community, and thus it was no surprise that Mia either didn't know, or had forgotten that Clan Spar didn't take too kindly to what she was. Either way, Kiran knew that it was best not to bring it up, especially since it wouldn't serve to get anything done.

"Don't worry though. I'm much better suited to this sort of thing anyway." He tapped the side of his head.

"Got the brains for science." He was only half telling the truth. "Or so my old boss told me once."

Alric had always insisted that Kiran had a hand in developing technology for the Sons of Titan. His argument had always been that a first hand knowledge in production would be a grand thing, mostly because Kiran could input his own ideas and the needs of his soldiers as everything went along. Perhaps that's what he would do here as well.

Mia searched Kiran's face as she replied, there was something in that smile that was meant to mask the truth. She contemplated digging for a moment, then settled with a simple smile in return. Why create problems where there weren't any? So long as Kiran was up to the job it didn't matter what was wrong with [member="Sera Spar"]. "Very well." she gestured down the corridor, inviting him to follow her.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, we're in the middle of a stock take. Seems in my absence things were a little lax. No matter, though we'll get back on top of it soon enough." She led them down a clinically white corridor, through two sets of double doors and veered off to the left. Her office though just as white lacked the harshness of the corridors itself. Its walls were covered with various holopictures, some of family and friends, some of ships and hounds. The desk itself was chaos, dataslates and chips piled in what seemed to be complete disorganisation. She dropped her jacket over the back of a high backed leather chair and gestured at the one opposite for Kiran to take.

"Did you and your boss discuss much with regards to why you were coming her?" she asked, rummaging through the chaos and selecting a couple of pads before settling into her chair.

[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Boss?" He seemed amused by that.

"She mentioned some of it yes." He wasn't exactly privy to the goings on of what the Clan's were doing, but Sera had given him some details before she left on her own little trip. Kiran was still very much involved with Clan Spar, giving them weapons, manpower, and guidance. There weren't many in the galaxy who were as experienced as Kiran was in fighting wars. Sure there were a few Jedi, a few Sith and maybe a handful of Generals, but Kiran had a special kind of expertise.

Years as the head of a band of Mercenaries saw to that.

"Weapons." He said plainly. "Of a sort anyway."

That was the bottom line here, no denying that.

If Mia noticed his amusement, she didn't show it, her face remained impassive, eyes cold and calculating. She nodded once, weapons was exactly what they were making.

"In terms of anti-force user weapons we actually don't have a great deal. Everything we've made had been centred around defence, even the force breaker grenade is a defence of sorts, disabling he force users capabilities long enough to make a fatal strike."

She handed Kiran a datapad, it's files containing the list of everything they had. "I want to go back to the drawing board, look at the basics of what we've got and refine it. I've a partner whose made a few pieces dedicated to disabling sith. Minor production, but we can look at what he's used as well."

[member="Aryn Spar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom