Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homesteading

Lynette Lykova

L
ogIB9Ws.jpg
Naarl Valley
Kashyyyk

Just west of Silver Rest there lay an open river valley called The Naarl. Once used by the Wookiees as a boat workshop and fishery, it was now home to a single family of Wookiee homesteaders and associated mostly with small river traffic. It was also the perfect place for Jedi Knight Lynette Lykova to build her royal cabin. Having already purchased the land from the locals, she was free to move as much air traffic through the valley as she needed to have her concrete palace built in record time.

Already she stood on the old river pier looking up at the moderate duracrete foundation at the top of the hillside. A perfectly spacious location with an incredible view of the valley. Billionaires of Coruscant, eat your heart out. Her royal highness really knew how to pick em'.

"How we doing Tony?" Lynette turned and asked the silver servant droid standing at the foot of the pier.

"On schedule madam. The walls should be finished by the end of the week and the roof merely days away. I'd say this is the fastest I've ever seen a royal condo built, ever. Magnificent."

"Ha! That excited are we? Funny. I thought you'd hate backwater Kashyyyk for sure." She smiled.

"Oh?" The droid turned sharply. Clearly offended. "And just why would you assume that? I'll have you know that Silver Rest is really quite palatial in it's own glamorous way. I've never seen marble floors so clean. Or, did you think that I've never set my sensors on real mud and grass before? Bah. ...As if."

"Hehe. Oh calm down you old frown. I was just teasing. You didn't think I was going to spend my whole time on-world confined to some Temple Dormatory too, did you? Please. There just isn't enough space for all my furniture! Honestly now. I tried to like it. I swear."

She broke into a teasing smile and the silver droid simply waved her away with polished metal hand.

"Bah. Royals!"

Lynette smiled again and turned to gaze up at her new home-away-from-home. Once completed, it would truly be a home worthy of a king. Or... Queen, should I say.

"Oh! Before I forget madam. There was one more thing." Tony-6 double-backed and held a sole finger in the air.

"Hm?" Lynette shrugged.

"Captain Anderson of The Redoubt was set to arrive rather earlier today than expected. As such, I've redirected him here to the valley floor here rather than back to The Rest. Seeing as, well? Seeing as you'll likely be finishing your afternoon lessons with Jacob nigh until evening anyway."

"Oh. Perfect. The ambassadorial landing pad was finished days ago. He can park his shuttle next to my Starfighter nearer the end. I doubt Jacob will mind the company either."

"Very good madam. Now. I'll return to my trailer and plug-in, if they're is nothing else?"

"Nothing. Thank you Tony." Lynette waved her assistant away. Returning her gaze to gentle hills and soft flowing grasslands of the fertile Naarl valley.

"Well Lynette." She smiled back to herself, "It's money well spent and an investment in the future of the Jedi. Ha. All the way out here. Planet Kashyyyk. My my. Who would have thought I'd ever leave Denon proper for here. ...Funny. I guess you just never know how life is really gonna turn out. Mm."

A warm breeze blew up from the green and flowing river. Taking her mind to far away places. Well. Maybe she'd just stand here on the pier awhile and take it all in. She wasn't expecting guests for another hour anyway.

Destiny and new beginnings could wait just a moment longer. She had time.

ooc: Light Social for visiting Silvers. Thread closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom