Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home, Sweet Home

Home... haven't seen it in years.

B'arin kept his helmet tucked underneath his arm, breathing in the crisp air. He was waiting for Rawnie and a few other of his vode to go out on a hunt. He hasn't been on a hunt in a long time, so it feels good to get that little bit of nostalgia.

Hunting. The appeal of it had initially been totally lost on Lorane, until the day he, Rawnie, and Ydrin had gone wandering through the forests of Mandalore. Unlike the last time, though, this trip involved a man he'd never met before. Some Fett or another. Also unlike last time, the happy old strill Lord Cabur was following him around instead of Rawnie. The Chiss and the reptilian-looking hunting animal had been sitting under a tree, playing a little bit and waiting for whoever was going to show up to come.​
[member='B'arin Fett'] [member='Rawnie Tal'verda']​
((OOC Note: When you start a thread, you should type out the tags for whoever you intend to include. :)))​

B'arin looked over his shoulder, and spotted what seemed to be a Chiss and some sort of reptilian creature. No sign of any Mandalorians yet...

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"su cuy'gar!"

A mandalorian female stepped out from behind a cluster of trees. Rawnie finally showed up, carrying a single bow and a quiver full of arrows. Her white beskar'gam almost made her blend into the light dusting of snow. She smiled warmly at lorane, knowing full well that he wouldn't be able to see it behind her helmet. Didn't matter. He knew.

"Thanks for waiting," she said, "but really, the best game doesn't come out for another hour or so."

@B'arin Fett
[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor smiled back at Rawnie, trying not to laugh as old Lord Cabur leapt over to her.​
"Well, the old lizard was happy enough to distract me, visahot."
His endearment for her was in Cheunh, so he was fairly sure nobody around them would understand. Hell, he was pretty sure she didn't know specifically what it meant. Didn't matter much. He nodded towards the silent guy in the other corner of the clearing.​
"So, who's the talkative one?"
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member='B'arin Fett']​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Her love for Lorane was a simple one. He made her smile, and she... she kept him safe. She laughed at the strill as it clambered to her through the thin dusting of snow as fast as his old legs could take him.

"Daab, daab," she laughed as the leathery creature tried to almost climb up her legs. He was too big for that. He almost knocked her over.

She pat the strill's ugly head, then looked up to where Lorane was indicating.

"Suc'uy, Vod!" she called to the other mando as he approached, "I know you."

@B'arin Fett [member="Doctor Azure"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
A Fett. She knew from the armor. A distant cousin. A few generations back. A few marriages back. Old family, old name. Famous name. Not like Tal'verda. People knew her father, but aside from him and his brothers, Tal'verda had not done much of note lately. Rawnie had been hoping to change that. Bring some glory to the clan once again.

Her eyes followed to her companion, her friend, her soulmate.

"Vhey," she nodded, then held out a hand for the chiss to take. "Lor'ika, come meet someone. This one's a Fett. I'd bet my armor on it."

Lor laughed at the man when he addressed him as vod. A pretty common mistake, given how much time he spent around Rawnie, but a mistake all the same. He grinned at her.​
"I never know whether or not to feel bad for these guys. They always seem to think I'm Mando'ade."
He looked at the man and raised his eyebrow, still grinning.​
"Ch'ah cart nah ch'a Ch'in'bitusein, my friend. And, Lord Cabur is Rawnie's. He's simply taken a bit of a liking to me. Probably because I let him eat one of my boots at some point."
Of course, the meaning of his first statement was most likely lost on the man, as it usually was when he spoke Cheunh. Rawnie could probably guess at it, as she almost always did, but he felt like he'd defused an awkward situation without directly doing so.​
"Name's Lorane."
[member='B'arin Fett'] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

B'arin heard the first line, and gave him a confused look.​

"Apologies for not saying that in basic, I was referring to her. the ner' in ner'vod means my in basic."​
He nodded​
"I see." He simply said. He learned a bit of Cheunh when he was a lad, so he only understood "not" and "Mandalorian".​
"Name's B'arin. B'arin Fett."​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"A Fett. Called it."

The blonde grinned, reaching a hand down so the strill would come up to her and nudge it with his ugly head.

"Tal'verda," she said nodding in introduction, "Rawnie Tal'verda. I think we might be cousins. Distant cousins, but cousins all the same."

All the families were connected somehow. It wasn't a stretch to assume they were family in some way.

Lor shrugged at the man, who Rawnie had now definitely identified as a Fett, and held out a hand to shake.​
"I'm used to people mistakenly referring to me as Mando'ade. I'm not used to people understanding Cheunh. That line has become a bit of a personal joke."
He gave the blonde Mando a gentle poke in the side and chuckled.​
"Showing me off has now accidentally included extended family, huh?"
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member='B'arin Fett']

He gave Rawnie a grin, followed by a firm shake, then giving Lorane a firm one as well.

"I've heard of our clans interacting with each other at times... sometimes lovers I hear... but it's still great to have at least a distant cousin. Aliit ori'shya tal'din, after all...."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She gave Lorane a playful punch to the arm at his quip.

"Aliit ori'shya tal'din" she repeated, shaking his hand, "This noisy blue thing is my husband. Or he will be soon enough. If I don't kill him first."

She laughed, then she looked up at the sun, doing the calculations in her head. By the time they reached the best hunting grounds, the sun would be high enough in the sky that most of the best game would be out and about.

"We were just about to head out on a hunt. Would you join us, ner vod?"

"Of course... wouldn't sit around doing nothing at home, now would I?"

He gives her a smirk, before putting on his helmet and sliding out his beskad. The bladed weapon has been in his family for generations... and it still cuts through bone like a knife through butter.

"Shall we?"

Arla was near the vesok forests the shatual were on the run and meat was needed for the upcoming months. She had been tracking a few of the larger males based on size, but a recent hunting tip had come that the smaller females at this stage of hunting were more tender not as stringy as the males.

She would hunt one of them. She could hunt with her blaster but she preferred to hunt with the cross bow it seemed more of a challenge. She was waiting now, for the right moment to walk into the forest.

Hunting gave her time to think. time to reflect, and consider what she should do next.

"You sure I'm the noisy one, visahot?"
Lor teasingly poked her again and then drew one of the repulsor razors he carried around on these trips. Except for a low whirring when the blade was thrown, it was pretty much silent. The Chiss spun it on his finger.​
"Alright, then. Let's get going."
[member='B'arin Fett'] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Arla Balor"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
The mando took the poke to the side with a smile that he couldn't even see behind her helmet. She was no good at showing affection in public. It was weird enough just admitting they were a couple to other people. Rawnie snapped her fingers and the strill sat up straight.

"Oya'karir!" she snapped, and the strill went running.

She pulled an arrow from her quiver set it lightly on the bow and went running after.

"Follow the strill. He knows where to go."

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Arla Balor"] @B'arin Fett

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Doctor Azure"] [member="B'arin Fett"]

The hunt was on, Arla walked slowly down the trails that were left by the shatual on their daily walks. They followed the trails religiously knowing them to be safe, and out of instinct. She had a stand up ahead in a large tree that would allow her to watch the trail.

There was movement that she had not expected, were they other hunters in the forest today? It had been sometime since she had seen hunters in these parts. She'd have to be careful not to shoot when they were near. No one needed an accident today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom