Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Holocron of Darth Aria

Status
Not open for further replies.
sithholocron.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: The original intent of this submission was to create the personal holocron of the 'Dead' Sith Lord Darth Aria and to create a cconcrete object for Ariealla Vareldi's obssessions, which would take place over a number of threads and provide a prize of sorts to encourage her growth even in the absence of formal instructors. The intent remains much the same, however it's uncertain if it will become a long-term goal yet.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Holocron of Darth Aria
  • Manufacturer: Darth Aria/Ariealla Vareldi
  • Affiliation: Darth Abyss and Ariealla Vareldi
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Darkside-imbued crystal matrix and weathered, blackened, alchemized metals
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sith Holocron
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 0.1 m
  • Width: 0.1 m
  • Height: 0.1 m
  • Weight: 0.5 kg

CONTENTS
  • Sith history
  • Sith code
  • Basic framework for manipulation of the force
  • Instructions in the use of jar'kai and saberstaffs
  • Instructions in the use of emotion to fuel darkside energies
  • Mostly true autobiography of Darth Aria
  • Philosophy of the Sith and Aria herself
  • Advanced Meditation and emotional focusing
  • Assassination techniques
  • Aria's secret identity
  • Force Drain
  • Force Suppression
  • The knowledge of the existence of transfer essence (but not lessons in preforming the act)
DETAILED CONTENTS
The holocron of Darth Aria actually contains three levels of knowledge it is willing to share, dependent on their proficiency in her previous lessons. Each layer is separated from the others by a 'quiz' of sorts, a test to see if they are indeed worthy of greater secrets. This is in part to protect the greatest secrets laying inside the depths of the holocron, and partly to seduce others to her way of thinking by encouraging them to study her words in great detail.

The first level is easily accessible, simply by applying a gentle amount of force into the object. Darth Aria, in full regalia and mask, appears as the holocron's keeper to greet the user either as a sith or jedi, whichever side of the force was used to awaken her. She then offers basic instructions in how the force is manipulated, as well as the lessons of history one can expect to learn from the Sith. As a scholar in her time, almost all of the holocron's lessons come in the form of history lessons, learning directly from the past. Promise and talent shown will prompt the holocron to offer the lessons of the Sith Code, as well as Aria's preferred forms of lightsaber combat, jar'kai and saberstaff. This is also when the holocron offers instructions on feeling one's emotions and using them to preform even stronger force acts.

The next level drills the user on their previous lessons, and once satisfied the user will be allowed access to an autobiography of Darth Aria that is.. mostly true. Additional lessons more focused on Aria's personal philosophy of the force are accessible, namely in the necessity of both light and darkness in the galaxy, each to fuel the other. More advance meditation techniques and methods of focusing one's emotions become accessible. The final thing this level holds is lessons in assassination techniques, for which Darth Aria was particularly famous for.

The final level is guarded by a rigorous testing, drilling the user on everything thus learned with the test requiring a consistent stream of force energy that can only be produced by Master-level force users for such an extended period of time. However, once the test is completed, the entirety of the holocron is laid free for the user. Aria will, at this point, reveal her identity as 'The Songstress', an ancient sith lord, and reveal the existence of both Tulak Hord's ritual of body possession and by extension Transfer Essence. No lessons in preforming the ritual are provided, however. Additionally, all of the previous lessons are taught without a hint of secrecy, including a genuinely true account of Aria's life from her memory, to more personal anecdotes in sith history. The last useful information contained in the holocron is the basic concepts of her most notorious skills, Force Drain and Force Suppression, though the latter is more reluctant to be taught to 'Jedi'. It notes that to properly understand each ability they must be used, to some degree, on the student, and that it cannot really be taught in any traditional sense.

Strengths:
  • Massive Library: The holocron of Darth Aria contains most of her passion, Sith History. As such, it details everything she knew in life, along with everything she ever taught her students.
  • Personal Journal: Deeper secrets include a detailed autobiography of Darth Aria herself, detailing everything she could remember of her life.
  • Sith Secrets: The absolute deepest part of her holocron reveals her true identity, along with her most powerful teachings bar the ritual for which she transfers bodies.
  • Aria's guidance: While the keeper seems uninterested in force alignment, it does seem to hold vested interest in training valuable sith of all sorts. To that end, it will attempt to appropriately tempt and seduce jedi to the order of the Sith, without destroying them completely from the knowledge they gain.

Weaknesses :
  • Null Fields: as a force artifact, nullifaction fields can render it inoperable.
  • Secret identity: The true identity, and her deepest secrets, are contained in the holocron behind its defenses.
  • Aria's Skillset: Though providing a basic framework from which to develop darkside powers, Aria's holocron is extremely limited in capability given Aria's skillset, leaving gaps in potential lessons. For instance while the holocron will explain the ways in which force lightning is applied, and what fuels it, there is very little instruction in its actual usage.
  • Force Required: the force is required to even use this artifact.

DESCRIPTION

Darth Aria was, in her time, a Sith Lord of the Sith Empire that challenged the Republic and sacked Coruscant and was among those rewarded greatly for said sacking. Sometime after the assault on the Jedi Temple of Coruscant, she created her personal holocron to contain her wealth of knowledge, as a scholar is want to do. However, the process was quite long for her, being someone not of the alchemist sort, during the time of which the Empire was suffering greatly under its own strain. Even so, she managed to create this surprisingly open minded holocron. As part of her own personal philosophy, the holocron's gatekeeper only cares about one thing: The affiliation with the Sith. It will do everything in its power to seduce them to their way of thinking, without stepping out the bounds of their approved lessons.

It also holds another warning to 'Masters' who unlock its darkest secrets. Should anyone unlock the entire holocron, they are warned never to divulge the information within, as the author considers the entire process that revealed this information a binding contract. The real Aria will hunt them down and kill them, should word of their attempt to reveal her identity show, not that anyone would ever believe them. The Gatekeeper will request a full identification, and treats them like an honored student.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Ariealla Vareldi"]

• You're right; gonna need dev. From the standardized dev thread document: "Force Artifacts or Holocrons (Not including personal holocrons)".
  • Pontite is explicitly Light Side in orientation. It has a powerful calming influence. Probably not the best choice for a Sith holocron. There's a ton of options, though.
  • Despite the frequency with which it's talked about, Transfer Essence is a really, really rare ability. Many of the greatest Sith Lords have tried and failed to puzzle it out. As far as I'm concerned, including Transfer Essence will have a bearing on the size of the required dev thread.
  • Most Sith Holocrons are very comfortable sharing their secrets with Lightsiders at an accelerated rate, though usually with a spin - it's a seduce-to-the-Dark-Side thing. So that point wouldn't belong in Weaknesses, but would belong in Description. If you're looking for another weakness, maybe a gap in Aria's skillset.
To sum up: let's call it 10 posts, 20 if you want Transfer Essence in there. Sound fair?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Well that was much faster than I expected. Thank you for speediness good sir.

Well considering Darth Aria and Ariealla Vareldi are one and the same, I wasn't entirely sure what constituted personal. So I'll get on that development thread soon as I can.

Didn't actually know that about pontite, I'll admit I thought I was reading a sith holocron's description when I put that in there. I'll fix that up once I figure out a better crystal as well.

The holocron also doesn't actually teach transfer essence, more so states that she herself knows the secrets of said ability and reveals herself as the songstress, one who utilized and practiced the ability and has been since. I think i put it in the strengths that she teaches everything she knows "bar" the transfer essence itself.

I'll adjust the weakness however, that one was pretty weak I'll admit. ^^"

So to clarify I understand, change pontite into a more neutral or darkside crystal, adjust the weaknesses, and create a dev thread of at least 10, 20 to include transfer essence? Assuming I understand it that sounds fair to me.

Ariealla Vareldi said:
Well considering Darth Aria and Ariealla Vareldi are one and the same, I wasn't entirely sure what constituted personal. So I'll get on that development thread soon as I can.

Ahhh, that's my mistake. Yeah, personal holocrons don't require dev by default. That said, it's impossible for an acolyte to know Transfer Essence, so let's talk about that, since I don't know much about your character.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Gonna be a bit of a long story...

Ariealla Vareldi was originally the Songstress, an old sith assassin from around the same time as Tulak Hord, who himself had a ritual to preform the transfer essence styled ability (not sure if they're exactly the same). In a fear of death, she tracked Hord after noting that he spent frequent time in secret, and learned of the ritual herself. She then preformed said ritual, after analyzing and studying everything she could, managing to swap bodies with a relative. From there she went about turning her descendants into a cult of personality, from which the first born would be set aside to serve as a potential host of her power.

Darth Aria is her incarnation from around SWTOR times, because I'm lame and have to go with a song theme of all things. It would've been long after she practiced, studied, and learned everything surrounding the actual power itself, along with the few others she employed. Her current incarnation being acolyte level is a mistake she made in swapping bodies with a significantly weaker descendant, who wasn't fully prepared for the ritual itself. It forced her into a weaker acolyte state, locking away the majority of her powers.

Long story short: I had made the character before and needed to make her fit the 'start at acolyte' rule. Did I explain that all well?

Perfectly. I dig it.

OK, 20 posts of dev and it's yours with the tweaks I mentioned before. You've already included a note that the holocron would only share that information with a Master, so that resolves the main objection folks might have. Tag me when those edits are done and I'll archive this until your dev's done, ok?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Edits made:

Crystal was changed to simply 'darkside imbued crystal' as I couldn't find or think of any specific kind, and after reviewing some canon approved sith holocrons they seemed to say much the same.

Weakness changed from apathy to Aria's limited skillset.

Apathy towards the student's force leaning moved from weakness to a small note in the first paragraph.

Satisfactory changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom