Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hold on, cause this is gonna get rough! (Open, past RP)

[SIZE=10pt]@[member="Barrett Haskins"] @[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Vincenzo Palminteri"] @[member="Karen Roberts"] @[member="Thane"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“All, please buckle your seatbelts, we’re approaching some turbulent…space.” Iced-azure gaze glinted with excitement as the tray table and seat shook on the mid-sized transport. The part-Galan turned to the passenger next to her. “Turbulent space my eye. We’re entering imperial and sith occupied territory. I bet they put of a blockade.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]This was so exciting! And the best part, her parents didn’t even know she had jumped planet![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Craning her neck, blue-tinted haired head peeked up the aisle of the transport, getting a glimpse into the cockpit. The pilots seemed more than a little nervous. The transport made a sudden lurch to the right and worried gasps echoed through the cabin.[/SIZE]

Rhurek Thane

Dr. Cantanker0us, M.D.
Thane had been chosen to ride along in the transport along with a few others for some random mission he was sure they had informed him about, except he had probably had his attention on something considerably more interesting....like a new scuff on his right running shoe....which was ironic seeing as he was unable to do very little running at all. He had thought about trying to get some shut eye along the way, but the light refraction off of the passanger's head he was sitting next to was nearly blinding. Kids and their odd ways of expressing themselves. She had leaned over to him and shared her insight of their current situation with him, which was very observant if he did think so himself. "Seriously, how old are you? Did you have to forge mommy's signature to get permission to ride along?" He asked the....the...the girl sitting next to him. He leaned back over to her and tapped his left side of his cheek with his forefinger, "Also, I think you got a little something....right there." He turned his attention back to his datapad.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

Darren Onyx

D
Onyx was chosen for something. He didn't know what. All he knew was that he was on a transport. He didn't care. He would be leaving planet and hopefully get one step closer to Korriban.

He saw two other sitting next to him. The two were talking. He sighed. He decided to ask if either knew what was going on. "So where are we going?" He asked the two as the shuttle jerked around.

@[member="Thane"] @[member="Dark Onyx"]

[SIZE=10pt]“I’m…old enough,” she insisted, downing the rest of her water and pushing the one bag of peanuts they gave her to the side. Who knew transports offered free drinks and a snack!? Even if she had no idea what pee-ah-nuts were.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Mister, haven’t you ever seen scales before?” His forwardness still caused heat to rise to her cheeks and a self-conscious hand to run through short strands of hair as if she could pull the short crop lower across her scale-speckled skin. “You gonna finish that water?” Iced-azure gaze looking longingly at the unopened bottle next to the cantankerous older man.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Head jerked to the other side at the stranger. “This is the shuttle to Balmorra, right?” Suddenly, they jerked backwards as a transmission cut through the cabin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“This is Grand Moff Wheesby. There are reports of a rebel aboard this transport. You will be boarded immediately. We expect full cooperation.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Called it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Galan-teen shifted uncomfortably in her seat, hands going to unbuckle her seatbelt, clearly ignoring the flashing seatbelts on sign. Worried whisper carried to her assigned seat companion, “Oh, no, no, no, no. Do you know what the plastics do to people like me? People not all human?” Unsteady legs were already pushing up as she rose from her seat, clearly violating F.A.A. laws.[/SIZE]

Barrett had been traveling around the galaxy a lot recently, his father and mother had been fighting more than ever, and with their large amount of money and their lack of attention to their son, he was able to slip off for weeks at a time before they would notice he wasn’t in the huge mansion. Balmorra sounded like somewhere fun for him to go, so the fifteen year old found himself sitting amongst the talkative old man, the eclectic haired girl, and the brooding guy across from them who seemed a little…darker than the others.

Barrett had just tuned them out and started to drift to sleep when the com came on and the words boomed across the transport, Barrett knew he was going to have to find a way off of here, if the Empire found out he was the son of a well-known retired general in the Republic they would attempt to ransom him for as much money as possible. He quickly joined the younger girl in getting out of his seat.

Rhurek Thane

Dr. Cantanker0us, M.D.
Thane simply indicated the water to the obviously dehydrated youngster with his eyebrows. The flight attendant had placed it on his tray and opened it for him. He had only taken one sip while the strange mermaid gulped hers down. The situation reminded him of why he was such an introvert. He rolled his eyes as she took his water but then his attention immediately snapped to the announcement of the ship being boarded. While he was no rebel, he was a Jedi, and weren't the Jedi in league with the rebels? No matter, if they were here for Jedi, they would have announced so.

Suddenly, the girl next to him and another kid got very fidgety with their seatbelts. The girl had asked him what the "Plastics" did to people like her. Whoever they were. He assumed she meant those boarding the aircraft. "Oh, I don't know....chop you into sushi? Dress you in seasonings and serve you up in a zingy lemon sauce?" He said sarcastically. "Sit down and put your seatbelt back on before you make a scene of yourself." He pulled out his carry on and produced a ballcap. Next, he grabbed a blanket and pillow. "Tuck your hair into the hat, cover up your scales with the blanket and pretend to be asleep." He said placing the pillow between the seats and his left leg. He was a doctor and was sure he could come up with an excuse to have them not want to touch her.

[SIZE=10pt]@[member="Thane"] @[member="Barrett Haskins"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]She hesitated and traded looks with the other boy who was standing that shared the look of fight or flight. A frown on aqua-lips deepened as twinkling lights outside the passenger window caught her attention. They were being pulled into a massive hanger. The jolt backward must’ve been a tractor beam.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Trading a worried look with @[member="Barrett Haskins"], she sighed and conceded with the adult’s suggestion. Sitting down, her fingertips began hastily pushing up her hair beneath the cap. Grabbing the blanket she wrapped it around her lithe frame and curled up in the seat, resting her head on the pillow next to Thane’s leg. “My name’s Thessa,” she whispered to the oddly interesting man. “Just make sure you tell them I prefer limes and not lemons,” she offered him a scared wink and squeezed her eyes closed as the passenger ship came to a shuddering halt, clearly landing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Cracking her eyes open, she couldn’t help sneak one last peak at the rows and rows of storm-troopers lined up outside the window. She still couldn’t believe the pilot let them get caught in the tractor beam! Amateurs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Hey Mister,” the silence of the passengers onboard was unnerving. She still didn’t know if they would board or if they would make everyone exit. “Why are you helping me, anyway?” Iced-azure eyes remained closed as the whispered question left her anxious face.[/SIZE]

Barrett quickly retracted to his seat, realizing that inciting the wrath of the Empire was far worse than getting caught by your parents. The stormtroopers lined up outside the transport, this wasn’t going to be good.

Rhurek Thane

Dr. Cantanker0us, M.D.
@[member="Thessa Kai"] @[member="Barrett Haskins"]

It did not take long for the ship to come to a complete stand still. Stormtroops lined the hull of the ship securing the perimeter. Thane could hear from where he sat the whine of the hydraulics as the lift lowered to allow the Imperials their forced entrance. The corner of his lips curled at her joke despite the circumstances, "It's Dr. Thane, not Mister, assuming I didn't waste thirteen years of my life in med school." He whispered to her as he kept an eye on the curtain that entered their section. "And let's just say that I'm helping you because you remind me of someone."

Just then three stormtroopers ushered themselves in followed along by some kind of ranking official with two more troopers in tow. They had been asking everyone to see their boarding pass and ID. As they reached Thane, he handed over his information and the trooper glanced at Thessa. "If you'll notice, it'll tell you that I'm a doctor. This is my patient, and she is in my care. We're en route to Balmorra because we've heard that they manufacture an anti serum to counter attack the Scale-actic Pox that she has caught. It's highly contagious, and deadly, unless you've had the vaccination, of course. Have you been updated on your shots recently, Trooper?" He asked with a curt smile.

[SIZE=medium]@[member="Barrett Haskins"] @[member="Thane"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Pursing aqua-lips closed, the young teen tried to maintain a clear view on how serious the situation was despite her strong desire to snicker at the Doctor’s made-up disease. But even rebellious teens were affected by real fear. Her shiver beneath the blanket was real and only seemed to aid in the threatrics.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The Trooper like any minimum wage worker, turned to his superior, communicating the Doctor’s orders. Unfortunately, the ranking official was well-above the minimum-wage scale and seemed to be overly persnickety. “Doctor was it? You’d like me to believe this transport service allowed you to carry on a highly contagious individual? That’s it. I want a bio-hazard containment unit set-up and everyone off this ship. Now. Start with these two.” The ranking official stared down the doctor, ordering the trooper to pull the blanket away from the hidden passenger.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Bracing herself, she blinked as the blanket was tugged-off, hand gripping the handle of the small-fishing blade she always carried with her as she slowly sat-up to face the muzzle of a blaster rifle. With a small amount of satisfaction, she noticed the trooper flinch away as her scale-speckled skin glinted in the cabin-lighting. Her grip tightened around the hidden knife as she was forced to stand with the doctor and ushered forward.[/SIZE]

Rhurek Thane

Dr. Cantanker0us, M.D.
As Thane and Thessa were ushered up from their seats, the small knife had not gone unnoticed by Thane, whom had placed his left hand over hers that held the knife as if to warn her that only an idiot brings a knife to a gun fight. The time for using such a weapon was wrong, and he'd hate for a trooper to use his blaster and compromise the structure of their possible escape craft. Although it only looked as if he was leading her by the small of her back. As they approached the officer, Thane hesitated, "Alright, I may have stretched the truth, but only because you people are wasting our time. It may not be highly contagious and deadly to us, but it is to her race. The longer you delay us, the more likely it is that she will die. Now I know that you don't want that on your service record, unless they promote officers who let innocent little girls die on their watch." He said coldly to the officers face. Suddenly he was pushed forward by a troopers blaster rifle. His blue gaze turned to meet dark mirrored eyes, "Dude, easy....cripple." He said holding up his cane, which earned him another shove in the back. Thane hadn't even bothered to see how the other fidgety boy had fared, he only hoped he was looked over as well as the others.

Once off the transport vessel, they were sat away from the rest of the group. Thane took this time to produce something from his back. Being a Jedi in league with the Republic had it's advantages. One was the tech they provided both in and out of the doctor's office. He cracked the seal on a small package and handed her a tiny transmitter as he held onto the receiver. "It's made to sit in the back of your mouth, just don't swallow it." He made a gesture like he was itching his ear, only to conceal the placement of the receiver. "I'll be able to hear everything you say. They are more apt to interrogate a young girl over a seasoned doctor. We just need to keep our stories straight." His eyes shot over to the approaching troopers.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

[SIZE=10pt]Like any hot-headed teen, she was still fuming that the Doctor caused her to miss her opportunity with the knife. But she was too scared to stay mad and a deeper part of her realized the dude was probably right. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Adults.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“How am I supposed to not swallow it, if it’s in my mouth…,” her terse whisper was cut-short as a masked trooper approached their position. She quickly placed it between her cheek and back tooth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Fish girl, up,” the cold voice filtered through the faceless helmet. Crossing skinny arms over her chest defiantly, iced-azure gaze stared coldly up at the imperial until the felt the sharp jab of a rifle at her back. Standing, she wobbled a bit, the young teen note used to be out of the water for this long.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I’m not a fish,” she growled as she trembled at the same time and was rewarded with another sharp shove to her back, which sent her sprawling on the floor. She made no cry of protest as she hit the ground but calmly stood, brushing herself off as she was ushered away from the Doctor and the other unlucky passengers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Sitting on a cold metal chair in an interrogation room, she was met by a superior officer, wearing a mask. “Your ticket says Thessa Kai. I hear they start rebel spies younger and younger these days. How long have you and the old man been traveling together?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Defiance flashed in her gaze as she stared straight ahead.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Oh, we’ve got a spunky one.” With a curt nod from the officer, a trooper raised the end of his blaster and brought it down into the side of the teen’s face without hesitation. Her head knocked forward as the device was launched from her mouth and onto the floor. Luckily no one else seemed to notice. A shaky hand rose to her throbbing and ringing head as her fingertips drew back blood.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Let’s try this again, shall we?” Cold-grey eyes stared at her above the mask. After a series of questions, which she answered, the signal was given to bring the Doctor.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A pair of troopers approached the cripple without bringing back Thessa Kai. “Your turn. Up. Now.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]@[member="Thane"][/SIZE]

Rhurek Thane

Dr. Cantanker0us, M.D.
Thane sat patiently in the waiting room, waiting to listen to the young teen's answers. They were lucky they all had matching uniforms, though Thane was keeping a mental note of the trooper's voice whom had shoved Thessa to the ground. His eyes closed as his head hung into his hands. He appeared to be resting. Instead he was trying to block everyone else out and concentrate only on the words he was hearing through the communicator.

"Oh, we've got a spunky one....SCHREEEECH!!!"

Thane's hand instinctively went to his ear as the sound made his right ear ring for a few seconds.. He looked around for a moment to make sure he wasn't being paid attention to. He tapped his ear a few times, That's what the Republic gets for outsourcing. He thought to himself as he dug the earpiece out of his ear and let it drop into a busshy plant next to his seat.

The next momemts went by agonizingly long. How was he going to get out of this one now? More importantly, what would they do to the girl? Just then, two troopers walked into the waiting room to fetch their next victim. He sighed as he reached for his cane and stood. The troopers didn't make any movements, so Thane made a few steps and as he began to walk between them, one of them kicked out his cane causing him to fall and meet the floor very quickly. The two troopers got quite the chuckle out of it. Thane half smiled, knowing there was nothing he could do currently about the situation. It took him a moment to stand, the pain in his leg elevating to a record high. His pills, he needed them. His hands searched desperately for them as he attempted to pull them from his coat pocket. One of the troopers stopped him. "Not so fast." The other trooper reached in and took the vial from him. "The doctor's special candy?" He taunted. "Maybe you will get them back if they clear you." He chuckled again. That voice. Thane would surely repay the jerk before their departure from this wretched place.

The doctor was ushered into the interrogation room and was sat down in a chair. He held his cane in front of him. "My troopers tell me they found a vial of medicine on your person...." The officer started.

"They did. Illegally, without a warrant." He shot back, coldly.

The officer raised a brow, "That so? They tell me they felt threatened and wanted to make sure you had no illegal products that could be used against them. You do have a prescription for these, I presume?" He asked in an uppity tone.

"Sure," Thane responded, "Hold on, I got it right here...." He said as he dug into his pocket. The officer looked to the troopers who shrugged knowing that they searched him thoroughly. "Here we go," Thane said as he pulled his hand out and gave the officer a very rude hand gesture. The officer sneered and nodded to the trooper behind him. Thane received the same blow that Thessa had gotten not too long before him. He grunted as he too pulled away a bloody hand from the back of his head. It would seem the doctor and the spunky teen were a lot alike in many different ways.

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

@[member="Thane"]

[SIZE=10pt]Pressing her ear against the wall, she thought she could just make out the Doctor’s voice and his interrogation unit in the room next door. With a swoosh, the door to her holding cell opened. Small fists clenched at her sides as she turned and glared at the trooper that entered, followed by a surgical-looking droid.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]She felt herself slink back against the far wall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Needles![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Mandatory blood test. Time to see if the cripple was right. And the Captain is looking for a new pet to bring home to his kids. Thinks you’d make a nice addition to the aquarium.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Iced-azure gaze narrowed beneath wispy-glowing hair. “Frak you, you piece of shtako, if you think I’m letting you come near me with that thing,” voice gave an involuntary trembling lilt at the end. A cold chuckle escaped the trooper’s helmet as he came forward. Knife was already in her hand and she lunged forward, going for a spot between his armor. The surprised gasp was unmistakable as her knife met flesh and he staggered backward into the droid and seemed to knock himself out cold. Kneeling down, she pulled off his helmet with trembling fingers and tried to deepen her voice as she used the comm.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“All officers are to report to the briefing room. We have news of the rebel spy.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Who is this on the line?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]She hesitated. “Uhh…this is Chuck.” This was a bad idea. “Orders from the Admiral.” That would at least provide some sort of distraction for the Doctor and herself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Adrenaline pumped through her system as she slipped free from the containment room, after she saw the officer with the grey eyes march by. Lugging the downed trooper’s blaster rifle at her side, she opened the door to the room with the Doctor, immediately raising the rifle, or trying to, to fire off at the lights. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Those things were heavier than they looked![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Sorry, I didn’t have time to find a uniform my size to rescue you,” despite her fear and aching head, she managed a quip to the person that was becoming less of a stranger.[/SIZE]

Rhurek Thane

Dr. Cantanker0us, M.D.
@[member="Thessa Kai"]

Trying to suppress a very large satisfied smile, Thane listened to "Chuck" announce the sham debrief. They wouldn't have much time before the officers realized what had happened. "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" The lone trooper turned to find a large blaster rifle pointed at him. "This is a surprising turn of events. I had them right where I wanted...." He mentioned to his rescuer. The trooper that was left behind to guard Thane was the one he so eagerly wished vengeance upon. Thessa had caught him off guard, and Thane stood and waved a hand across his helmet. "You are to check us out of here. We have been cleared by your superior officer. After we are out of site, you will tell your superior officer we escaped because you needed to take a potty break." Unfortunately, they weren't able to witness first hand the dim witted look stretch across his face, but he sure repeated the words with sincerity.

Thane smirked, if all went to plan, that trooper would be to blame for their escape. Trooper after trooper ran by and asked their trooper where he was taking the prisoners, and he would reply the canned response. Things were going well until they reached the main checkout in the lobby. They reached the security counter, and Thane whispered to his pawn, "We will be needed their effects, please." And the trooper reiterated his words in his own. The trooper behind the cage looked wary, but did as he was bid. When he came back with their things sealed away in a plastic bag, he informed them he'd have to get their departure cleared from an officer. Thane leaned over to Thessa, "Got any more ideas?"

[SIZE=10pt]@[member="Thane"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Aren’t you a little short to be a stormtrooper….I had them right where I wanted them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Sure Doc. And this fourteen year-old just saved your skin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The Galan couldn’t help but stagger back a few steps as the Doctor turned into more of something like a Witch Doctor. “Whoa…how did you…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Force user?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Shifting back and forth on her feet uncomfortably, she took a step or two back from the Doctor out of fear. She was being silly. He was trying to help her, right? Not all force users were like the ones in the stories…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Got any ideas?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Pushing up on her toes, she whispered back to her escapee partner. “What, the hocus-pocus hand waving thing isn’t gonna work? This probably will.” Hefting the heavy rifle, her small finger pressed down on the trigger as a stun bolt erupted and hit the trooper behind the cage. “I’ve been itching to try flying one of their fancy new transports.” Dropping the rifle and trading it for a gun more her size, she tugged on the Doctor’s hand as she lead them forward with the zombie trooper in tow. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“C’mon,” iced-azure gaze remained alert as they wound their way back to the hangar. “Also, they took my kelp chips those stormpoopers.” Stopping abruptly, she noted there were only three troopers guarding the closest shuttle. They needed a distraction.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom