Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle HMC Heavy Mining Utility Walker Mk. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://orig07.deviantart.net/d525/f/2013/053/f/2/mining_mech_by_nickperrotta-d5vvlmq.jpg

Intent: Start Hansol Mining Corporation's beginning into the manufacturing market, and build a strong mining walker for large strains of ore that would take much longer otherwise.

Development Thread: If necessary

Manufacturer: Hansol Mining Company

Model: HMC Heavy Mining Walker Mk. I

Affiliation: Hansol Mining Corporation; open market

Modularity: Yes, each jointed piece is modular, upper arm, lower arm, upper leg, etc.

Production: Mass produced

Material: Dirasteel

Role: Heavy mining walker

Height: 10m

Length: 3.5m

Width: 8m

Weight: 20 tones

Minimum Crew: 1pilot

Optimal Crew: 1pilot

Propulsion: Comes bipedal

Top Speed: 12km/h; 25km/h with tread attachment

Armaments: None, all attachments have no weapons, and are not easily modified

Squadron Count: 5

Passenger Capacity: 0

Cargo Capacity: 2 tones max load, 3x7x7 bucket attachment to back optional

Misc. Equipment: Right arm drill, left arm hand, two bipedal legs

Strengths:
Maneuverable: The pilot has a neural interface device that lets him control the walker through his thoughts allowing for very fine movements of the walker (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Neural_interface_device)

Modularity: With an easy to remove joint system it is easy to outfit a walker to any required mining circumstance

Weaknesses:
Weak Joints: While it is highly modular the joints themselves are weak, they have some protection but any direct hit could easily do damage to it, cutting off power to the following module or making it so that it cannot move.

Not for Battle: There are no available modules for weapons, and if fired upon, would be ripped apart by any concentrated fire; it can take hits from rocks, not blasters

Not Good for your Mental Health: While the neural technology used has been refined and thus not impossible to use, after about 5 hours it can be mentally exhausting to use.

Description: Galven Hansol noticed that many of his expenses were the buying of entire walkers because the ones he currently had couldn't do a specific job. He disliked how he would pay for them and then they would be put into storage and never used again. So he hired a team of engineers to create a new walker designed specifically to be multi use. The result was a large, strong walker that, with a direct pilot to walker connection, is able to maneuver into any situation quickly as no reprogramming is needed.

Primary Source: N/A

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Galven Hansol"]

This sub fits into the defintion of a mech, which are not in the spirit of Star Wars and not allowed, as per Rule #7 of the Factory.

7. All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundam Wings, no Transformers.
That said, a Mining Droid or Utility Walker is well within grounds, and I recommend re-subbing something along those lines.

[member="Galven Hansol"]

The issues with this sub are twofold, of which the name itself is not a particular problem.

1. The control method. This looks like Pacific Rim in Star Wars, which as mentioned earlier is a violation of Rule 7.

2. You have here what is ostensibly a mining mech but mention the possibility of extensive modularity. If there is any intention of using this for combat and not just a big mining bot, please don't make us read through the lines and instead state that clearly.

The rule regarding the difference between Mechs/Walkers (allowed) and Mecha (banned) is not hard and fast but comes down largely to concept and how the submission is perceived. Right now this looks like a mecha, but it would not take a lot of work to change it into something acceptable. If you would like further clarification or assistance, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

[member="Galven Hansol"]

Please tag the judge reviewing your sub (me in this case) whenever you've finished edits.

Alright, I'm much more comfortable with this sub as it stands now. At this point all I'd like to see is a note regarding the canon neural interface. According to the wookie it was something of a failed project, being particular strenuous on the user. Now given that controlling a mech is a lot less involved than controlling a ship I think it's reasonable to allow, but I would like to see some sort of note in the description relating to the canon problems with the technology. Something along the lines of how piloting one of these walkers for several hours at the time is abnormally exhausting and mentally straining or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom