Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History and Tourism

[SIZE=12pt]Alderaan the home of denizens from across the galaxy, how many names that were synonymous with the Rebellion against the Empire had ties to Alderaan. Faith often contemplated such things quietly as she attempted to be a politician.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Right now she was sitting listening to the Finance Minister, Security Minister, and the Tourism Minister on issues that needed attention. And they wanted her attention pretty much now. She smiled and tried to stand, pregnancy was not her best friend right now. The three before her immediately went to rise, Faith motioned for them to stay seated, “I need to stretch some” they had been sitting for two hours.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“There is something we can do, that might help with all of this” Faith walked slowly as she tried to pull her thoughts together. She looked up towards the Juran Mountains right now preparing to open was the Mountain Palace.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Mountain Palace she had been going up there to check on the progress for months. Having read Leia’s journal and how much she enjoyed sitting on the balcony of her room and look out upon the lake Faith felt a desire to see the Mountain Palace restored. Then she came across the stories of Queen Breha and all the time she spent out at the Palace. It was there she spent her time when Bail was busy with the Rebellion. A sense of history and family made Faith want to restore it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She had a replica of the Killik Twilight placed outside of Leia’s room, as well as displaying copies of the journal Draco had found. Portraits of the family hung in the grand hall downstairs, including portraits of the other girls raised by Bail and Breha, Winter Celchu and Neena. Both women contributed to the Rebel Alliance but it was usually Leia that everyone remembered. Faith wanted to be sure that the others got the credit they so richly deserved.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Behind her the Finance Minister was clearing his throat, “Princess.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith turned back, “Yes I know, ok. So, the Tourism Visitors Center is complete and yes I will go over and tour it. Do you have the form you want to use?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Yes Mam, for your approval.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith moved over to the holopad and looked at the form. “I like that it is kept simple. This will not prevent the raiders from coming or undisclosed visitors but for those they do this will help to compensate the families and companies, and give an income to help with the upkeep of the public facilities.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Name:________________________________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Planet of Origin:________________________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Purpose of Visit:________________________________[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Visitors Pass[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Individual named in this pass has the permission of the Alderaan Tourism Bureau to explore Alderaan.This pass entitles the bearer to a free tour of the New Aldera Palace, is invited to a review of the changing of the Royal Guards, and access to the Royal Museum of Alderaan.This pass also allows for passage to New Crevasse City via the underground transportation. Visitors may wish to visit Contessa Creations, the School for upcoming young ladies, and explore the architectural wonder of New Crevasse City. Cost is 25 credits per pass[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tours for the Juran Mountains, Mountain Palace, Cloudshape Falls, Isaibith Rain forest, and Okonomo Island are available at additional cost. Tours include sack lunch, and transportation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Individuals found on Alderaan and not in possession of a Visitors Pass will be immediately deported and placed on the list of unwelcome visitors for one year.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Phrik Miners Permit[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Name___________________________________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Planet of Origin___________________________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Amount of Phrik desired____________________________[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Individual named in this pass has the permission to mine _____ of phrik from the _______________ mine.The cost is 500 credits per push cart, and use of mining equipment. There is an additional cost if miner wishes to smelt product on Alderaan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Anyone found on Alderaan mining phrik without a permit will be placed into the custody of the family which owns the mine, or the company which owns the mine to work for one year for every 100 pounds of raw ore found in their possession. Stealing is a crime[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She looked up, “I mostly want to protect the families that have lost income due to the raids on their mines. But this should work nicely. Be sure to send copies to [member="Alyesa Organa"] and to [member="Draco Vereen"] , and my mother.” Faith was working on Alderaan and securing its future.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“OH that reminds me I’ve been thinking of offering [member="Willam Forlon"] a position where he can serve the royal family, and the security of Alderaan. Can you tell me what posts are open?” She had one or two in mind but she wanted to be sure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She began rubbing her back some, this was not a good time. She was getting older and having children well not as easy as it had once been. Or maybe it was just a bad day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Ok, let’s go tour the visitors center”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Visitors Center was now directly connected to the spaceport in New Aldera City, you could not exit the spaceport without going through it. The long glass tunnel that lead from the spaceport to the center was beautiful. Faith walked slowly through it admiring how someone could look out and see the Mountains, and on a good day they’d see the thranta flying on the high currents.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The population had made a slow come back, the transplants from Bespin had taken time, and they had lost half of the pairs they purchased. But with continued efforts they flew once again on Alderaan. Even Blu was working towards being off the endangered list. The WolfCat population was growing and that was largely due to animal protection agencies across the galaxy that had taken pairs from Alderaan for educational viewing, and breeding. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Manka Cat was returning as well, Tia’s donation of Edee’s ability to breed had helped. If anything she had to admit her family was all about restoring Alderaan to its former glory of peace, and beauty.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Princess” Faith turned, “OH sorry I was lost in thought” They came into the lobby of the visitors center there were counters, and stansions to divide them up, it wasn’t very impressive.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I think we need to fly the some of the banners from the prominent houses in here, as well as put up some pictures of Cloudshape Falls, the Rain Forest, points of interst that maybe someone who is coming for the first time wouldn’t think of”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There was a bit of murmuring behind her, “We can do that easily.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith turned and looked at the group following her around today, “People know what Alderaan was, they don’t know what is here now. So, think now. If you came here what would you want to see?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Someone laughed, “You and the family Princess. The Museum, what is it that we’ve accomplished.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith nodded, “Yeah, me no..but the Museum, New Crevasse City, Claire’s couture shop, they need something they can take away, pick up and remember..hmm..maybe that’s what we need a commemorative coin, or photo, or something..not cheesy though.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Minister spoke up, “they will have a copy of the pass”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith made a face, “No..well some that will be enough, but if you go somewhere and spend hard earned credits you want something that says YES, I was there. Think on it” She started to walk, “OH I got it I think, how about a booklet or holo disc, its something that can be touched, has colorful pictures, and for everyone who comes and pays the fee they get the booklet. It’s a bit of advertising while being something that can be used for memories”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Tourism Minister looked at Faith, “Yes Mam, if we put a picture of the Royal Family at the front, with a message and then put in the pictures of each of the points of interest it might serve.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith nodded, “Yes, let’s make a draft and see what it looks like.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She was growing a bit tired, this was already a full day. “”Well I’d like to travel now up to the Mountain Palace since we’ve decided to include it on one of the passes I should take a look.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith headed out towards her transport.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Inside she was comfortable Captain Lindsey up front Ana watching over her. “I think you’ll like the Palace. We found several pictures and were able to create a good representation but we’ve also added in some of the modern look. The bedroom does have the balcony to overlook the lake, the painting is outside the door. And doubled checked that the excerpts from the journal are legible. We had considered having someone read it.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith shook her head, “No because that is who they think she would have sounded like. I think only if we had the Princess’ voice reading it would I say yes. It’s a treat just to be able to look at something and know those were her thoughts.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith yawned, “Any messages from Draco?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ana shook her head, “No”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ana contemplated whether to tell Faith what she did know. No, not until after the tour no news was good news right.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The transport took the open roadways into the mountains passing the Lake house, Faith smiled. “Did you know my Grandparents were killed just a short distance from here. There’s a monument.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith sat up, “I want to go there, I want to see it today”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ana blinked, “the monument?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith nodded. She looked over towards the Lake House path. “I just feel like I have to, today. Now.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A correction was made to take Faith were she suddenly had the burning desire to go. Anyone who did not know Faith’s Grandparents were killed when her mother was very young, 2 or 3 hard to remember sometimes. They had promised their daughter in marriage to the eldest son of house Panteer, House Rist took exception and began a war on House Organa. In an attempt to escape they came up the Lake House path and were met by Rist Loyalists who killed them, and the daughter Maeve.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Alderaan Nobles at times had that same harshaness associated with Hapans.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Years later Rianna remembered what had happened that night. She wanted to remember her parents and sister and had the memorial put up. It was known that the Queen and her sister often came to the memorial. No one really knew what they did when they visited and very few would intrude upon that privacy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The sisters only had each other to help remember a family they lost, and the lives that had been irrevocably changed because of the events. If they had not been close before they had grown so over years. Their children would know the story, and understand that family in the end was all one had.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Everything else was fleeting. There was a fountain at House Organa recently placed of three girls dancing no one really could figure out why it was there. The Queen had ordered it using her own funds. Faith knew in her heart that it was suppose to be her Mother and Aunts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The sisters hoped that one day their children would look upon their rich history and have a firm sense of knowing where they came from, and that the only thing that was truly up to them was where would they go now who would they become.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith could see the monument for her Grandparents and Aunt with a bench placed close by. She knew what she had to say.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Ana got out to help Faith down and started to walk with her, Faith let go of her hand, “I can do this, alone please”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It had been years since Faith had asked Ana for privacy for herself. Faith walked over towards the monument she knew this was not what her grandparents and aunt looked like this was just a representation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith usually numb to most of the force around her could feel it today in this place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Hello. You probably already know who I am. But just in case I’m Faith, Arianna’s daughter, and these” she put her hand on her stomach, “are your grandchildren. You probably never expected that we’d be this far along. You probably thought everyone died that night, but no. We go on and we remember. I wanted to stop by today and tell you that. And I wanted to thank you for my mother and Tia Rianna. I also hope that you are proud of all we’ve done as a family.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Then she was just silent, after a bit she headed back to the transport. “ok, I’m ready”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She had to stop because on her way here to the Mountain Palace this place was about family she couldn’t just show up without paying respects to them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Palace was grand Organa Banners hung on either side of the gate, loyalists in their uniforms stood proudly, and the Royal Guard at attention on the steps leading inside. It had all the pomp and circumstance that anyone could ask for.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As she came into the palace the furnishings beautiful, the part open to the Public immaculate, well presented and filled the air with the history of the Princess and her family. What it was like growing up here, growing up a Princess, and the things she could get away with.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith listened and understood, it wasn’t much different now. The First Order was out there, the Sith were out there, and here at home they worried whether her pinky was up or down when she raised her cup.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As she toured the rooms set aside for the family she could tell no detail had been left out. She made her way out one of the doors and headed towards the lake, seemed water held a particular spot in the lives of House Organa. Faith turned and looked back, she was proud of who she was, who her family was and the things they had and would accomplish.[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom