Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Hijacked

OOC: LINK
Please post in OOC if you are wanting to join. As this is public thread but would like to keep it controlled and not totally chaotic.

Aruj al-Bahriyy Aruj al-Bahriyy and his crew of the Mari-Jo, a antique CR90 Corvette, were camping the Hydrian Way off of Mala in hopes of snagging profitable prize. The Mari-Jo was not alone in this hunt for Captain al-Bahriyy had came to accord with the Kraken Coalition and today he had Captain M Mark Air Gami and his Dalirke intridictor to trap unsuspecting ships. Was a sound tactic for they would have the element of surprise on their side giving the pirates the initiative over their intended target. Downside for dragging random ships out of hyperspace was that you never knew what you had at the end of your hook till it was reeled in. The hope was to catch a civilian trade ship of sorts for the easy loots and not a Navy Dreadnaught with fleet in tow that would make things.........intense.

The waiting was trying for the Mari-Jo's crew. A mix crew from all walks of life most with little discipline or patience. Aruj could feel the tension radiate from his men as he sat nonchalantly in his captain's chair. Moral was a critical aspect for a Captain to keep note of and he was highly aware what this long wait was doing. A mixture of boredom and anxiety could spell disaster among these people. A slight or wrong look could trigger a brawl and bloodletting and force Aruj to take unpopular time consuming actions. Good captain would find ways set off motivational speeches to keep his men focused on task and inspire their loyalty and dedication to the mission. Again, this is a pirate ship made up of some of the lowest of the low, takes a different and imaginative way to keep moral balanced.

Aruj pressed the intercom button "It is I, your Captain speaking" His voice rippled through the ship in his rich gravely sriluurian accent. "For every hour a prize does not show, I increase your rum ration by two!"

He could faintly hear a yip and a yay but it was not the motivational response he was hoping for. "............ AND Like the good Captain I am, first round of booze, spice and hookers are on your beloved Aruj"

That set off his crew is a proper cheer and settled his own nerves about their moral and focus. As his crew cheered he looked out into the abyss of space as if he could will a prize to fall right there and then. If one did not show soon, this endeavour could become more expensive for his liking.

Ravenous M Mark Air Gami Raxtos Raxtos Leebus Bagrodi

Last edited:

Pirates were great at passing the time.

Face crushed to the cargo floor, Raxtos struggled to stand until he was hauled to his feet. A fist smashed into his gut, then his face, the dim lights of the Mari-Jo's cargo bay swimming blurrily before his eyes. He could barely stay standing. All around him were jeers and taunts, as the crowd observing the fight showed him their appreciation. Or, maybe they were appreciating the brawny Britarro currently beating the living kriff out of him. Trying for an elbow, Rax got choked for his trouble, grabbed from behind and held fast. He could feel a meaty hand grasping for the crystal he wore around his neck. No, you can't have that... He grasped up to stop the theft, but he couldn't breathe, it was all so blurry, it was going dark-

"It is I, your Captain speaking!"

At the hissing crackle of the intercomm, Rax felt the grip around his throat loosen. His sight returned, his thoughts refocused. The sleepy punch-drunk was gone. In his place was an angry young man with an attitude problem.

"For every hour a prize does not show, I increase your rum ration by two!" The braggart he'd been fighting was distracted by the cheering that accompanied this statement. Rax seized the arm around his neck with both hands. Taking a step forward, he flung the dhank farrik over his shoulder, slamming him to the floor.

Now he was standing over the stupid sod, and he swung his heel back before kicking him with everything he had. Gut. Face. Gut. Face. "....AND, like the good Captain I am, the first round of booze, spice and hookers are on your beloved Aruj." Rax didn't know if the crowd around him were cheering news on the intercomm or the fight. He didn't care. He planted his foot on the throat of the man who'd been choking him out just a moment ago, and began to press all his weight into his boot. Behind him, his new crewmates were taking credits from everyone who'd bet against him.

The Britarro looked up with desperate pleading eyes, to which Rax responded by holding up the crystal he wore around his neck. "See this? It's mine." He pressed his foot harder. The choking started. "Understand? Mine."

Pirates were great at passing the time.

Ravenous

R
Ravenous sunk into the very uncomfortable gurney his clothes shot to ribbons and his face caked with dirt and blood...well more than usual. He felt hollow and brittle and every movement he took to get comfortable wracked him with pain. The bright lights shining through the room did nothing to help with his migraine and the fluids coursing through his body weren't exactly working quickly.

"I thought ya said you were invincible in a scrap. What happened? Ya looked like you got hit by a speeder!" Ravenous pulled the blanket over himself as he rolled over not wanting to deal with Arizelva. Why can't people ever let him sleep? "I said I'm invincible in a fair fight. Getting ambushed by a rogue reporter while I didn't have my armor is not a fair fight. I don't even know where they got that many people!"

Ravenous winced as Arizelva dabbed his face with some kind of ointment. Since when was she a doctor? "Well, maybe that will teach you to piss off the wrong people yeah?" "I AM the wrong people." "Well, I guess they were wronger then. Now drink your medicine I even mixed it with your favorite ale!" Ravenous scoffed as he picked up the foul-smelling concoction. "I don't think that's healthy. Seriously who does that-"

The glass shattered on the floor as the vessel began shaking violently and intense pink light burned down the hallway where the nearest window was. He felt (even more than he already was) sick as the ship rocked and turned, driving his gurney into the wall in front of him as though the ship had hit some kind of barrier.

He had barely risen to his feet when the alarm system woke from its slumber and the lights went dim as emergency power cycled through the hospice.

“I feel like I just got into a fistfight with a trash compactor…what the hell happened? What did we run over a purrgil or something!?”

“Gravity wells.”

“Gravity wha-”

“Gravity wells. The same ones we use.”

He could feel them even now, that ripple in space, the noise amongst the silence, the heat amongst the cold dead of the void. Attackers laying in wait, laying in an ambush set for...them? Maybe not them specifically but any soul unfortunate to pass through here unprepared.

“You’ve gotta be chitting me! Why now? What is it my bad karma? What a mess.” Ravenous rolled out of the gurney and landed on the elixir-stained floor as confusion and panic began to settle in. He could feel the ebb in the force, thoughts feelings all became apparent.

I have to get to the bridge! Set this record straight...

Aruj al-Bahriyy Aruj al-Bahriyy | Raxtos Raxtos | M Mark Air Gami | Leebus Bagrodi

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like that, as if Aruj willed it out of fear of mounting cost to uphold his promise, a ship was ripped from hyperspace. Life sprung from with in the Mari-Jo as the klaxon alarms echoed through out the Corellian Corvette drumming all hands to man their stations. Aruj kept his gaze locked on Rodian that manned the sensor station as his crew bustled about readying themselves for what was to come. The male rodian, Meez, was under a lot of pressure to quickly identify the targeted ship so that his captain could make the informed decision of Engage or Retreat.

"Captain, its a Intrepid Class - Mobile Assualt Factory"
Meeze replied in broken common. His voice was riddled with doubt as the trapped ship might possible by more than the Mari-Jo and her crew could take on.

All eyes were on Captain al-Bahriyy, he could feel the immense weight of their gaze as they waited for him to make the call. Aruj needed to calculate the risk to reward with in a snap if he was going to take the initiative in this engagement. " LETS TAKE HER!" He commanded, his crew springing to action. "Bring us around to her stern, she may be bigger than us but we are faster and more nimble!"

He didn't need to tell M Mark Air Gami his role. He already knows his job is to keep that ship within the well's sphere and engage violently if needed to. Aruj was going to try negotiations first before upping the anti. He pressed a button on his command console that opened up comms with the Intrepid. "This is Captain Aruj al-Bahriyy of the Mari-Jo. I advise you to turn your engines off, power your shields down and deactivate your weapon systems. If you comply, this will all be over peacefully and without causalities. You choose not to comply, things will get..... messy" The Weequay demanded sharply "You have five seconds to do as i ask!"

Now the moment of truth, does other captain comply or does he roll the dice, risk his ship and the live of his crew to fight their way out of this trap? While Aruj waits for the Intrepid's response, The Mari-Jo continued its manoeuvres towards the mobile factory in attempts to slip in on her stern.

Ravenous M Mark Air Gami Raxtos Raxtos Leebus Bagrodi

Ravenous

R
356zn0.png

Ravenous had managed to slip into his duster and breeches by the time he was at the end of the dimly lit corridor the elevator he meant to take sparking and flickering between operational and not. He didn't think his enemy to be anything more than common pirates looking for a score but he's learned to think more of people than that, to see the soul behind the matter.

Stepping into the turbolift Ravenous half expected the damn thing to sputter and explode but to his disbelief, the thing actually started up and shunted the Dark Jedi toward the bridge where he could sort out this mess and discern his attackers. This set of coincidences almost made Ravenous wonder if he had a mole on board the vessel but that thought quickly left his mind. No one would dare stand against him, at least not someone who's seen his true power. The turbolift stopped at the bridge and Ravenous walked into the scene of pure pandemonium.

Every alarm and warning the ship had was blaring, technicians locked out of their consoles frantically tried to override the system, hell even the two guys that usually dodged their shift by hiding in the commissary were up here putting out a small fire. As he stepped into the command room Ravenous wasn't recognized at first until everyone took note of the Lightsaber cold and calm clipped to his belt.

A dark storm washed over the room and Ravenous was its eye as he moved toward the center of the chaos his eyes flickering toward the warning of an incoming projectile.

"Torpedoes..." Ravenous spun around giving everyone a piece of his panicked authoritative gaze. "Hit the deck! NOW!!" His voice seemed to cut the knees of all who heard it as everyone crumpled onto the floor unsure as to what danger was coming for them next. Two torpedoes slammed into the ship's hull nearly knocking Ravenous off his feet as he struggled for support. A massive ring of energy washed over the vessel and with it the short circuitry of any system it touched.

"Ion-based weaponry...that's troublesome." Ravenous pressed a button on his wrist and found its lack of a glow or sound even more annoying than he previously thought. That last attack had destroyed internal power and now their reserves were operating on double capacity. All in all, they had about ninety minutes before power was completely gone...including the temperature controls.

Ravenous silently cursed himself as a pair of hands slowly applauded him from behind.
"You really screwed this one up. I'm Very impressed symbol of darkness."

"You make it sound like this is MY fault. There's no way I could have known we'd be attacked!"

"Make fixes not excuses!"

"Order me to do something again and I'll bury you alive."

"We're ALL gonna be buried if ya don't do something-"

"This is Captain Aruj al-Bahriyy of the Mari-Jo. I advise you to turn your engines off, power your shields down and deactivate your weapon systems. If you comply, this will all be over peacefully and without causalities. You choose not to comply, things will get..... messy."
Ravenous raised his eyebrow at the console particularly at the promise of "peacefully and without casualties." Pirates aren't really known for that kind of thing but that was irrelevant. If the captain intended to board that just meant he'd have a shot at him...and his head.

"You have five seconds to do as I ask!"
Ravenous pressed a finger to the console and cleared his throat. "You're duller than a chunk of asteroid if you think we're gonna-" "We surrender." The flat delivery and lack of emotion caught the bridge off guard. Mixed reactions all around, some were scared others furious but there was one common thread between all of them...confusion.

"WHAAAT in the VERY trustworthy name of FETH are you doing!?"

"Making fixes. The best way to deal with this problem is to just have it come to me. Don't worry, I have no intention of losing my crew to...whoever these guys are." Ravenous didn't wait for a response as he promptly jumped into the turbolift his amethyst blade burning a hole in the bottom of the dead contraption. He'd find Aruj and his crew wherever they were and when he did Ravenous would be sure to pay him back for his inopportune attack.

Aruj al-Bahriyy Aruj al-Bahriyy | M Mark Air Gami | Raxtos Raxtos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom