Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highs and lows, come and go.

Courscant.

Once again I was on the City planet in Republic space. I always kept gathering information about my brother. A rather well known practitioner of Fire and force abilities. I had even been told that he was probably the best in the world from a woman who I had met. She said that having that kind of power, and was not for the Fringe, was a bad thing for them. And I had to agree. I had asked around a few times, even my Master had met him. Saying that he could summon Tornadoes with a flick of his wrist, and even created a Volcano in one of his battles. I could only shake my head as some of those abilities paled my own. While I had faced a Jedi Knight, and Master before, I had only survived those encounters.

I had made myself planet side with the use of my Starfighter "The Acolyte" A ship once used by the Galatic empire before they had joined forces with the Lords of the Fringe. Putting the ship down, I allowed myself out of the ship. Carrying a book-bag over my right shoulder, I had some precious materials with me. Mainly a Valrain Egg that I had on the verge of hatching. I had allowed it to be incubated for a time, but even when I had it, it would be warmed by the flames that I could control as well. it was easy to take care of it. However stories of the almost 3-4 foot tall birds were very hungry all the time, and would eat around 8-10 meals a day! which was about the same that I ate laughingly.

I walked across the street to a bar, pulling out a Data pad, where Morna was known to play a guitar like no one else. Apparently he was known around here as a good bartender and for his playing and singing. And this was the closest lead I had on him. Walking in once more, I smiled at the current bartender. he shook his head before I even asked if he had seen him.

"Would you like a drink Nick?" I nodded my head and waited only a moment before a glass of water was placed before me. Ravenously I drank the water, wanting a break from all of this searching.

@Verrin Ris'To

Another day on Coruscant. It sounded almost dull when it was said like that, but Coruscant was a planet that someone could spend a lifetime exploring and barely scratch the surface. It was an amazing, and sometimes, inspiring feat of ingenuity and determination. For numerous millennia it had been the galactic seat of power, even as nations rose and fell, Coruscant remained the king's jewel. Trillions of people living together on a single world, all facing the day to day struggles that, individually, would be over-looked but when one considered just how many there must have been daily, and it boggled the mind. Coruscant was a source of fascination and, sometimes, disappointment for Verrin, yet, he always found himself wandering her streets even when he was not required to for while he never truly felt like he fit in among the trillions; it was comforting to watch as an outsider.

Yet, on this walk, Verrin felt something through the force. Not quite a disturbance, nothing so grand, it was more akin to an echo. Calling out to him from deep within the force. It was dark, not as dark as the Sith Lord he had taken a few drinks with and shared a few conversations with, but it was... not the same as Verrins or the other Jedi, it was not even close to Alexandra whom had a warm grey feeling to it. Verrin wasn't one to seek out combat as he never enjoyed fighting, and more then that, fighting risked his darker tendencies and instincts to try and rise to the surface, but... he had to be certain the dark echo within the force did not belong to a person who would cause destruction or devastation. The force was powerful, and he did not want to see it be used as a weapon for the enjoyment of another, especially, when the target of their enjoyment were usually innocent people.

He followed the source of the Echo, with his high attunement to the force, it was like a beacon calling out to him. Oddly it lead him to a small bar, it was odd because he met the Sith Lord, and did occasionally, at a bar. Was it something that Dark Siders enjoyed? Bars? Verrin couldn't fault them as he somewhat enjoyed them as well, well, he was not fond of nightclubs, but small taverns and bars were something of a secret pleasure of his as he was one of the few Jedi in the Order that occasionally drank.

Verrin entered the small tavern, and from there it was easy to see the source... A man, he didn't seem much older then Verrin, although he was a little shorter but few races were as tall as Verrin's own. Approaching slowly, he made no effort to hide his presence in the force as he had no desire to frighten the Force User into attacking as he was testing the waters, "Zee Honey Whiskey, a double with no ice, please," Verrin said to the bartender sliding over three small credit chips.

He slid into the stool next to the man of echoes, Verrin turned to look at the dark echo in the force, "Verrin Ris'To, I hope it is nice to meet you," he said trying to gauge the force users inclination to fight. He took a moment to look at the glass in his hand, normally he would assume a clear liquor, but the condensation on the outside of the glass told him that chances were it was water, "Can I buy you something?" Perhaps it was fate that he had met this dark force user after he had gotten some experience in talking to others... including dark siders as he was sure the old him could not have done this.

[member="Nickolas Imura"]

I had finished my drink, and was already handed another one. And I could drink just about how ever much I wanted. There was no Alcohol in it, and so I could still drive if need be. As the drink was being placed, I was reaching into my bag to show Joan, the bartender, what I had won in a competition. But as I could hear a man off to my side ordering a drink of his own. I simply reached for a datapad that had information that I needed to study from my Master.

I was just not going to hold out an egg that was worth millions of credits in front of a man I did not know. looking to him as I turned on the datapad, I returned to my drink, As i was sipping on it, The man introduced himself as @Verrin Ris'To. I had a doubt that he would be lying to me, but something told me that it was him. I nodded my head and didn't say a word. I then looked down at the Datapad to act as though he had said nothing. Stranger danger ya know?

But he continued to speak to me. asking if he could buy me something, I looked up at him with a slight confusion. I knew this man wanted something. But I was going to cut right to the chase. Turning off my datapad, I face him with my whole body. However the jacket I wore still covered my left arm.

"Alright, What is it that you want Mr. Ris'To? I am here for a purpose and talking to you is kind of wasting my time." There was a slight pause, "I don't mean to be rude, it's just no one ever buys me a drink, or talks to me when I am here. About the only person I know here is Joan." I motioned to the bartender and looking at the new man, he shook his head, "He is here just about once a month, Here on business for his Boss." I only told that my Master was my boss because I didn't want other people to know that my Master was a rather well known Sith for the Fringe.

@Verrin Ris'To

(Sorry, I never got an alert that you replied.)

Verrin look at the man, finally able to see eye to eye as it was. The man had a measure of politeness as he did say he didn't intend to be rude, but he also didn't seem to be as apt at talking to strangers and other people. It was a little at odds with the only other person he had met that had an echo in the force like he did. Verrin took another sip contemplating how to approach the situation. He was, generally, an honest person, but he wasn't able to gauge how the other man would react which could be violently which isn't something Verrin wanted. But the bartender did let slip he came here often, but why? Why Coruscant?

"I am a Jedi," he said keeping to his honest nature. Come what may, honesty was the best way to deal with most situations, "I don't want to fight you," he clarified as just saying he was a Jedi could very well lead to a fight with someone who felt attuned to the dark side. He turned the glass around in his right hand, enjoying the feel of the warm glass against his skin, "But I felt you in the force, and so, I decided I should stop in to see who you were and what you were doing here."

[member="Nickolas Imura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom